LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th October 2021, 04:18 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Hated her!! the other boys were annoying as hell as well though
The lead girl was quite cute...and also a bit pathetic at the same time.
Old 15th October 2021, 05:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Candyman 3: Day of the Dead

Oh, Lord.

I just watched this, and I honestly don't know what happened in this. Our protagonist is the daughter of the protagonist from Candyman 2, which effectively has this 1999 film take place in 2020 Los Angeles (one year after Blade Runner!!!). Anyways, all this nonsense about cursed amulets from the second film is abandoned, and Candyman shows up again killing people. There's a cult, crooked cops, Latino stereotypes, and Rena Riffel rubbing honey over her breasts and thrusting her arse into the camers. I'm not complaining that part.

Candyman 3 is dreadful. The acting is horrendous. Poor Tony Todd is doing what he can, but he looks like he was crying between takes. Our lead is played by Donna D'Errico, a former Playmate and graduate of the Anna Nicole Smith School of Acting, and owner of the worst scream since the lousy scream that kickstarted the plot of Blow Out.

Shockingly, the end credits states that this was shot on film. Candyman 3 looks extremely digital. Maybe it's due to the strong usage of terrible, terrible CGI. The swarming bees look like coffee grounds on glass, and the finale is something from a rubbish Highlander sequel. I mean, look at this trash!

Candyman 3.jpg

Straight from the hottest PC video game of 2001.

Candyman 3 is a miserable excuse of a film. It looks like shit. It sounds like shit. And the actors are shit. It's shit.
Old 15th October 2021, 05:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
I just perused that ranking of the big J.C.
Rich is way off the mark, Halloween at 12, The Fog at 15, like seriously man???
Evans is dead to me after his placing of Memoirs Of An Invisible Man
nosferatu42 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 15th October 2021, 05:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
HALLOWEEN HORROR BINGE ROUNDUP #5

12/10/21

NURSE SHERRI – Anyone with mixed feelings about Al Adamson isn’t going to come away from ‘Nurse Sherri’ a disciple, but even if you’re not a diehard there’s a sprinkling of good stuff here. The early highlight is a bit of psychedelic seventies animation during the possession sequence, which looks positively Lovecraftian with its luminescent, amorphous ‘thing in the dark’. It’s a shame there wasn’t more of that, because the rest of ‘Nurse Sherri’ plods between occasional outbursts of silliness.

13/10/21

THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY – I admire a film that sees fit to fill its last forty odd minutes with basically lots of up and down the (cellar) stairs, it makes a change from my old nemesis, corridor-wandering. Of course, there’s more to this bravura Fulci epic than that, especially if you’re into gratuitous shots of wounds oozing an eternity of maggots; in case this doesn’t entice, there’s also the ketchupy ravagement of a plastic bat. But THBTH is about shadows and dread-laden atmosphere, and captures both magnificently.

14/10/21

DARK WATERS – ‘Dark Waters’ gives dodgy convents, shunned islands and, above all, loads of candles. It’s practically an orgy of flickering flame, so much so that it’s perfectly happy to make do with burning crosses when the wax runs out. A film that exists to overdose us on gothic atmosphere – happily, it succeeds very well in this, presenting a concentration of early eighties Italian nunsploitation vibes without the usual plodding, for narrative is very spare and secondary to imagery. There’s even a bit of monster at the end – don’t know about ‘Lovecraftian’, but very nice that they tried. Highly recommended.

PSYCHO SISTERS – The SOV precursor to um ‘Psycho Sisters’, the latter being a ‘proper’ celluloid film-type affair (where is THAT on blu-ray, btw? It’s excellent). This ‘original text’ follows the same penis-ripping revenge theme as t’other, only it’s less explicit and bigger on washed out scenes of non-event. That’s not necessarily a diss – ‘Psycho Sisters’ works best as a John Waters-esque bad taste comedy, where the bathos of scenes of the twisted sisters rooting endlessly through the bloodstained underwear of their victims is as essential to the whole as all the fumbled strangulations. “For freaks only,” as they used to say.

I remember being charmed by NS certainly. Review tonight, and it's a doozy folks!!
Frankie Teardrop likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 15th October 2021, 05:26 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Evans is dead to me after his placing of Memoirs Of An Invisible Man
what about mike, I'm pretty sure he isn't a big fan of JC
Old 15th October 2021, 06:23 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

On my way to see Halloween kills review later.
Old 15th October 2021, 06:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
what about mike, I'm pretty sure he isn't a big fan of JC
Mike wasn't involved though. Jay can also get stuffed after he admitted he'd only watched Near Dark this year.
nosferatu42 likes this.

[B]
Old 15th October 2021, 06:47 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Mike wasn't involved though. Jay can also get stuffed after he admitted he'd only watched Near Dark this year.

anyway

The Child

Quite atmospheric intro tot he film. Again There were a few moments where I was wanting it to be over but nevertheless was a fun and entertaining watch.
Old 15th October 2021, 06:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBlayne View Post
Candyman 3: Day of the Dead

Oh, Lord.

I just watched this, and I honestly don't know what happened in this. Our protagonist is the daughter of the protagonist from Candyman 2, which effectively has this 1999 film take place in 2020 Los Angeles (one year after Blade Runner!!!). Anyways, all this nonsense about cursed amulets from the second film is abandoned, and Candyman shows up again killing people. There's a cult, crooked cops, Latino stereotypes, and Rena Riffel rubbing honey over her breasts and thrusting her arse into the camers. I'm not complaining that part.

Candyman 3 is dreadful. The acting is horrendous. Poor Tony Todd is doing what he can, but he looks like he was crying between takes. Our lead is played by Donna D'Errico, a former Playmate and graduate of the Anna Nicole Smith School of Acting, and owner of the worst scream since the lousy scream that kickstarted the plot of Blow Out.

Shockingly, the end credits states that this was shot on film. Candyman 3 looks extremely digital. Maybe it's due to the strong usage of terrible, terrible CGI. The swarming bees look like coffee grounds on glass, and the finale is something from a rubbish Highlander sequel. I mean, look at this trash!

Attachment 236954

Straight from the hottest PC video game of 2001.

Candyman 3 is a miserable excuse of a film. It looks like shit. It sounds like shit. And the actors are shit. It's shit.
Did we really need a third installment? So glad I'm not the only one who found this to be shit, I surprised myself by making it all the way through this one. Gotta hand it to Tony Todd, you can tell he was trying to keep it going with people who can't act, Bernard Rose was asked to pen a script that would explore more urban legend and thanks to studio execs we got this instead.
Old 15th October 2021, 06:50 PM
Cult Acolyte

HOUSE OF WAX 3D (1953)
Remake of MYSTERY IN THE WAX MUSEUM. This movie is good enough normally but if you can watch it in 3D it looks excellent!

THE GHOST TRAIN (1941)
Arthur Askey and passingers are stuck in a 'haunted' railway station when the connection is missed. Great comedy and Askey never stops with one liners start to finish.

NIGHTMARE CASTLE (1965)
Barbara Steele in duel roles in this Italian horror. Slow burning and quite long movie but the gothic visuals and music score make this good ghost story for halloween.

TRILOGY OF TERROR (1975)
Karen Black stars in three stories. The final story is the one everyone remembers, where she is attacked by a Zuni hunter fetish doll come to life. Good stories but it's the last story which is the best.

ELVIRA'S HAUNTED HILLS (2001)
I do keep trying with this one but I can't get on with it. I find it mostly unfunny and just plain boring. I end up not really watching and doing other things. Ah well, I'll try again next year!

Like this? Share it using the links below!