LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st October 2021, 11:38 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

:h ail:

No humour needed good sir. NIADB is about as close to my heart as my last pasty
REWATCH.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 31st October 2021, 03:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It's enjoyable and has a great gothic atmosphere but takes a lot of liberties with the book, Lucy is now Dr Seward daughter and Mina is now Van Helsing daughter who is role is reversed , she is first too die and Lucy is Harkers love interest . Enjoyable with some good acting and set pieces though I didnt like Laurence Olivier, Helsing who i found rather flaccid and dull, Frank Langella gave us a somewhat different Dracula who is less monster and more human and charismatic and is more handsome than most of the other actors.

Watched out for a young Sylvester McCoy is early role.

Last edited by trebor8273; 31st October 2021 at 03:27 PM.
Old 31st October 2021, 04:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Exorcist. 1973.

A 12 year old girl begins to show distributive behaviour and failed medical treatment, she is told her daughter may be possessed and seeks help from a priest who is slowly loosing his faith.

Classic film to watch on a dark gloomy day like today, first time Angie has watched the directors cut and said it was a lot better than the theatrical version.

MP17240548.jpg
Old 31st October 2021, 04:38 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default October 30th

Everything was lit last night for my annual airing of the wonderful Trick r' Treat (2007)

A film i'd love on Blu-ray which sadly doesn't seem to be available. However the dvd looks very good indeed so it's not too bad.

Which was followed up by Taste the Blood of Dracula (1971) - A classic Hammer production and because everyone in John Carpenter movies seems to watch it 1951's sci-fi suspense classic The Thing From Another World.

Title cards photographed from my tv from the WB dvd, WB Blu-ray and Universal dvd.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF9223 (Medium).JPG (42.3 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9238 (Medium).JPG (56.9 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9251.jpg (72.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9247 (Medium).JPG (45.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 31st October 2021, 04:47 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Everything was lit last night for my annual airing of the wonderful Trick r' Treat (2007)

A film i'd love on Blu-ray which sadly doesn't seem to be available. However the dvd looks very good indeed so it's not too bad.

Which was followed up by Taste the Blood of Dracula (1971) - A classic Hammer production and because everyone in John Carpenter movies seems to watch it 1951's sci-fi suspense classic The Thing From Another World.

Title cards photographed from my tv from the WB dvd, WB Blu-ray and Universal dvd.
Jesus that Living room looks amazing Dem.
Old 31st October 2021, 05:24 PM
Cult Addict

Black Sunday

One that I decided this morning to pick out on a whim. Again like Street Trash; one I ain't seen in a long time. More than likely one that may now be a regular in October.
Old 31st October 2021, 05:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Scooby-Doo On Zombie Island.

Mystery Inc reunite for a new T.V show looking for haunted house, they are invited to Moon Scar Island that is reputedly haunted by a ghost pirate.

One of the many Scooby-Doo feature length movies that has ghosts, zombies and cat creatures, with Shaggy and Sccob chased into a pit by 1/3 of a BLT, comedy fun caper.

Scooby-doo-on-zombie-island.jpg
Old 31st October 2021, 06:30 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Jesus that Living room looks amazing Dem.
Thank you.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 31st October 2021, 07:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finishing the month off with this Midnight Mass.
An ex con returns home with his tail between his legs, and a new priest ruffles some feathers. He's brought a box with him, and whilst it doesn't have legs, it isn't your usual carry all ahem. Will stick with this as it's only 7 parts.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 31st October 2021, 07:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Fright Night. 1985.

Horror film fan Charley Brewster believes his new neighbour is a vampire and nobody believes him, he enlists hit favourite film star Peter Vincent to help destroy the vampire.

One of the classic vampire films to come out in the 80s directed by Tom Holland who knew how to give the audience a great film. All the actors do their best, William Ragsdale plays the teen Charley who thinks his neighbour has murdered two women and sets out to prove that Jerry is a creature of the night.

Roddy McDowell plays the television and screen icon to Charley, Peter Vincent the greatest vampire killer who brings some, not over the top comical moments as he has faced monsters in the movies yet when face to face with a real vampire he just about wimps out and getting ready to run the other way.

Chris Sarandon and Jonathan Stark play the new neighbours as Jerry and Billy while one sleeps the other is a protector like Renfield. Sarandon is mostly seen like the nice guy neighbour until his teeth start to grow, while Billy plays the watch dog during the day and does have a great death scene.

Amanda Bearse plays the love interest who unlike other females in horror doesn't go about exposing her cleavage, run about daft or does the prolonged screaming. Stephen Geoffreys plays the friend Evil Ed who knows a lot about vampires which is strange as Charley seems to be a fan of horror yet doesn't know what do to.

The background score by Brad Fiedel is still really good and blends in with the film's dark tone and some really good visual effects and great make-up done for Amy towards the end that actor William Ragsdale never saw the make-up and genuinely screamed when he saw it, good part to the director for doing that.

frightnight.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!