Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st September 2022, 08:23 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Considering Halloween is a Monday the list will shorter this year of favourites with working all day I don't have much time to play around with hopefully I'll get underway around 6 until 1am it's not a lot of time for a marathon stupid non weekend Halloween and stupid work .
Old 21st September 2022, 08:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Considering Halloween is a Monday the list will shorter this year of favourites with working all day I don't have much time to play around with hopefully I'll get underway around 6 until 1am it's not a lot of time for a marathon stupid non weekend Halloween and stupid work .
Do what I do Nordi, book a week off for Halloween if you can
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 21st September 2022, 09:25 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Do what I do Nordi, book a week off for Halloween if you can
Sadly can't book holidays that late in the year
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 21st September 2022, 09:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Sadly can't book holidays that late in the year
Aww that's a bit shite, let me be your union representative technically as a film buff that we all are October is a sacred holiday for us and should be allowed to have a at least few days off to celebrate it, I can always say your a Wiccan and certain days need to be off to honor it
Demoncrat and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 23rd September 2022, 03:49 PM
Cult Veteran

This is probably a mistake and I’m clearly a masochist but I’m adding this ‘gem’ to my pile.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 30th September 2022, 11:21 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

As September bleeds out into October...

... let the Horror Movie Marathon begin!
Old 1st October 2022, 12:27 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter. 1974.

A former soldier and master swordsman and his hunchback assistant travel toa small town to hunt vampires.

One of the few underrated vampire films to come from Hammer, Horst Janson plays the Captain with John Cater as his assistant and Caroline Munro as their new companion who they freed from the stocks. This is a bit different from other vampire movies as nobody is bitten on the neck and turned but more drained of their youth but there is a decent sword fight in the finale and slight twist as to who the family really belong to.

Captainkronosposter.jpg
Old 1st October 2022, 02:12 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Castle Freak. 1995.

A troubled couple and their blind daughter inherit a castle in Italy unaware of the family secret that still resides within the castle.

Director Stuart Gordon returns with another Lovecraft short story The Outsider and with writer Dennis Paoli are able to make it a full length feature film that for me is very underrated.

Jeffrey Combs and Barbara Crampton play the not so happy couple with blind daughter Jessica Dollarhide who have recently inherited a castle which was owned by the President Of Full Moon Pictures, kudos to him for allowing a film to be made there.

Gordon's direction is great and able to keep pace with the Gothic atmosphere within the castle and give us all the gore we want. Is it a trade in Italy for women to have their boobs bitten off? The bumps round the nipples is braille for suck me not bite me, unless they are into that but Raffaella Offidani didn't appreciate it. Jonathan Fuller place the unwanted house guest Giorgio and was able to pull off a creepy persona even under all the make-up he went through.

MV5BMTJlOGEzNTctMTk2My00YWQwLWI2MzMtMjMxNTBmZDY4MWE0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_FMjpg_UX100.jpg
Old 1st October 2022, 03:51 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Daughter Of Darkness. 1990.

An American girl travels to Romania to search for her father, only to get entangled with mystery and vampires.

Second Stuart Gordon movie and this was a made for TV movie with Mia Sara playing Kathy Thatcher who is searching for her father who disappeared 20 years earlier and meets Anthony Perkins who tells her that the man she is looking for is dead. Perkins plays a Romanian but surely his accent could have been done better but still has a strong on screen presence.

There is a good dark tone sinister atmosphere in this that blends in with the country, at times the acting may be a bit wooden from Robert Reynolds and Erika Bodnar, the effects for the "fangs" if you can call them that are decently done (the tongue opens up) but only seen once up close and at times seems a bit rushed but still entertaining.

MV5BMjI3NjQ3MjMzM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjEyMDU4MzE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
Old 1st October 2022, 05:15 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Demon Witch Child. 1975.

A young girl becomes possessed by a witch, who wants to use her body for revenge.

Thanks to Treb for helping us find another Exorcist movie rip-off, to be honest this wasn't too bad, a girl being possessed by a witch and not some demonic demon or Satan is something different, a priest being chased against his wishes and being told he is well hung was a bit of a laugh. This was done on a small budget so don't expect any great special effects but i'm pretty sure I saw about strands of string in one certain scene.

MV5BMTJkYjFiNzItNWQ0ZC00NjhmLTljMGItZGI4OTJhODc2MmY2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQ2MjQyNDc@._V1_QL75_UX190_.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!