Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st October 2022, 09:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Halloween III: Season Of The Witch. 1982.

Doctor Challis and a daughter of a employee at Silver Shamrock try to uncover why her father was killed and what owner Conal Cochran is up to.

Tom Atkins as a doctor who becomes a investigator, Stacey Nelkin as the daughter looking for answers on her father's death and Dan O'Herlihy as the sinister Halloween mask maker who keeps his trade secrets. Nice sinister tone to the film and we all know what happens when the mask is put on and Tom Atkins wearing out his vocal cords with the end scream.

Halloween-III-Season-of-the-Witch-images-112a109d-4704-4fdb-b67a-15fab82d586.jpg

Up next Needful Things
Old 1st October 2022, 09:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Old 1st October 2022, 09:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Cheers Treb i'm trying to get that song out my head, gonna be whistling it when i'm doing my rounds at work
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 1st October 2022, 10:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Default #3

Salem's Lot (1979)

3hrs just fly by when you watch Salem's Lot, there are so many amazing scenes, including Danny Glick tapping on Mark's window, Mr Barlow materialising from a pile of rags in the Petrie kitchen and Mr Barlow awaking inside his coffin. However the one scene that freaked me out the most as a kid is when Ned and Mike are collecting the 'sideboard' from the docks to bring it back to the Marsden house. It still amazes me to this day that it's a TV movie!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 1st October 2022, 10:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Salem's Lot (1979)

3hrs just fly by when you watch Salem's Lot, there are so many amazing scenes, including Danny Glick tapping on Mark's window, Mr Barlow materialising from a pile of rags in the Petrie kitchen and Mr Barlow awaking inside his coffin. However the one scene that freaked me out the most as a kid is when Ned and Mike are collecting the 'sideboard' from the docks to bring it back to the Marsden house. It still amazes me to this day that it's a TV movie!
Nice image you posted up Justin Ralphie Glick tapping on the window and Mike appearing at Jason's house with the eyes freaked me out on the first viewing.
Old 1st October 2022, 10:17 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default October 1st.

Mr. Sardonicus (1961)

Desperate to retrieve a winning lottery ticket from his fathers buried corpse, a greedy Baron unearths the body to claim his prize. The wealth was not without a price though as the Baron as the Baron ends up his face contorted into a grinning death mask. In a desperate attempt to cure his affliction after other more sadistic methods have failed the Baron blackmails an eminent neurosurgeon - and his wifes former lover - to cure him.

Mr. Sardonicus is classic black and white Gothic horror. Set in the Baron's castle it's nothing we haven't seen before in many respects. Creepy rooms, dark passageways, windswept graveyards, oddball servants, heroines in peril and sinister torture methods. To me what sets the film apart is its superb tight and gripping script.

Guy Rolfe plays Mr. or Baron Sardonicus and makes a good fist of playing the scarred madman but for me the real horror came from the Lugosi-esq Oscar Homolka who excelled as his servant, Krull, and the rather perverse bondage torture methods he uses on the maid Elenka.

Being a William Castle film it naturally had to have a gimmick. Castle, having already introduced the film then appears a few minutes from the end with a "Pause for Punishment Poll". In which the viewer is asked to choose between alternate endings according to whether they feel Sardonicus has suffered enough or not. it's a bit of fun but all pretty unnecessary as we know that Sardonicus will ne punished some more.

The Blu-ray from Indicator looks quite lovely and i highly recommend a purchase.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sardonicus06.jpg (59.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 1st October 2022, 10:19 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Mr. Sardonicus (1961)
I vote for punishment

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 1st October 2022, 10:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I vote for punishment
Second that vote
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 1st October 2022, 10:22 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Hostel

Eli Roth's controversial (Because it portrayed Americans as horny) film in which rich people pay to torture other people. Really violent and disturbing, which delivers what it promised. It's good but it does have a lot of setting up before it gets going. Takeshi Miike has a cameo and Rick Hoffman steals the show.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg h.jpg (9.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 1st October 2022, 10:26 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

You sadistic people.

.................................................. .

Mu mum kindly gave me a tin of M&S shortbread today.

It's lovely and Halloweenie and lights up. Here's a few pics. In daylight, then front and back and side views.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0097 (Large).JPG (88.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0091 (Large).JPG (42.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0094 (Large).JPG (38.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0092 (Large).JPG (38.8 KB, 7 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!