Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd October 2022, 06:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Miguel Ferrer plays a trash tabloid journalist who steals a story of a group of grisely murders across America from a younger journalist, he soon discovers that the killer is using a plane to get to out of the way airstrips and seems more and more likely the killer is not entirely human.

Enjoyable thanks to Ferrer who's character is a completely unlikable dick . With have some good gore and found the scene near the end in black and white quite eerie. The vampires dress sense was a little lame.

Started watching this but after 10 minutes of endless disco music it had too go. Disco really did kill everything.

Now watching the the rejuvenator (1988)
Old 2nd October 2022, 06:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Default #5

Hammer House of Horror: The Thirteenth Reunion (1980)

Second episode into my first time watch of this seminal TV show. This time a reporter for the 'Women's Page' at an un-named newspaper is sent on assignment to check out a fat club, only when she gets there things aren't quite as she imagined. Featuring an excellent little role for Warren Clarke, always love to see him pop up.

I don't want to talk spoilers here so I'm not going to say anything else except that I bloody loved this, I was positively laughing with glee once I figured out what was happening. Recommended!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 2nd October 2022, 07:46 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default October 1st.

Zombi 3 (1988)

A bit of a mess supposedly directed by Lucio Fulci but this Philippines set affair has all the clunky hall marks of Bruno Mattei (Apparently the second unit director) and writer Claudio Fragasso rather than the 'Godfather of Gore'.

I just can't find words to properly review this film. It's fast paced and ridiculous yet utterly forgettable and for all the fun i had watching the 88 Films Blu-ray last night i simply have nothing to say about it a day later.

Were it a Friends episode it would be 'The one where military types in Hazmat suits shoot zombies in and around some jungle or other'.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (97.6 KB, 4 views)
Old 2nd October 2022, 07:50 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Hammer House of Horror: The Thirteenth Reunion (1980)
I bet when you switched this on you never once knew where it was headed and the reasons for it.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 2nd October 2022, 08:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Halloween 4: The Return Of Michael Myers. 1988.

Ten years previously Dr. Loomis thought he had killed Michael, Ha he was wrong as Michael escapes and goes after his niece. Danielle Harris is now the intended target, Michael Pataki is the new administrator for Michael and believes he can't hurt anyone...how many people did he kill on Halloween Night ?? Donald Pleasence badly scarred goes on the hunt and meets a priest, both men on a hunt, Loomis for Michael and the priest looking for the apocalypse. Alan Howarth and John Carpenter brought back the original score with a bit more tempo that goes decent with the film. Everyone does try their best with the acting but gotta love Loomis going daft at the end.

s-l400.jpg

Up next Halloween 5
Old 2nd October 2022, 08:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The rejuventor (1988)

A scientist is developing a anti aging serum for retired actress , the actress grows inpatient and wants the serum used before tests are finished , he relents but the animals he experiments on have started too mutate and go crazy. Of course this soon happens to the actress the doctor can keep it under control with more injections but they become less effective and the actress becomes more mutated each time.

Nothing special , did have some good gore at the end and came off at times as a poor mans reanimator.

Storm of the century part one

A small new engalnd island town is batting down the hatches when a strange man appaers on the island and kills a old woman he is soon caught with no trouble , but the stranger knows everyone's deepest darkest secrets, The storm is worse than the townspeople ever thought but the stranger is by far more dangerous as some how as the first part ends he ends up making two men commit suicide and leave the message .

Give me what I want and I will go away.

Great opening episode to this great King Mini series . Colm Feore is brilliant as the sinister Andre Linoge

Now watching part two.
Old 2nd October 2022, 09:18 PM
Cult Veteran

The Haunting (1999)

It's nowhere near as bad as I was led to believe. Yes it's goes bang and boom and it isn't subtle, and yes that CGI in the last act is bloody terrible; but I did like this. The sets are fantastic, i'd totally live in Hill House 1999.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 2nd October 2022, 09:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Halloween 5: The Revenge Of Michael Myers. 1989.

Michael goes on the hunt for his now mute niece with Danielle Harris returning and still being pursued by Donald Pleasence but Michael decides to kill those around his niece. How did Jamie and Michael get a psychic connection or did I miss the explanation? The teen with the car he loves getting killed was a nice kill but it's like the kills were done off screen or the camera quickly shot away then back again, come on give us good kills on screen. Watching Donald Pleasence beating the shit out of his former patient was good but we know the after effect it his on his character.

1289c783a6e42c04f18b26e6e5422714.jpg
Old 2nd October 2022, 11:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Halloween: The Curse Of Michael Myers. 1995.

Michael returns to Haddonfield after 6 years pursued by Dr Loomis looking for his niece that has another family addition and helped by Tommy Doyle and uncover a dark secret.

This was a bit of a surprise, when I was downloading the three films I didn't expect to download the "Producers Cut", this goes into a somewhat strange Celtic cult twist that was played off well and Donald Pleasence dons the big over coat with Mitchell Ryan as the other doctor and has a different agenda for Michael. Paul Rudd plays the older Tommy Doyle and somewhat astrologer. To be honest this entry does seem to get some flack (theatrical Release I think) but this was a decent film.

07a33c2f38452247b1023c9ac1fac571139f6777bb9b74f87f49e5e6c9a78460._UY500_UX667_RI_V_TTW_.jpg

Up next 28 days later.
Old 3rd October 2022, 01:32 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

28 Days Later... 2002.

Activists break into a animal research facility and release a monkey that is infected with rage and proceeds to infect everyone. 4 weeks later a small band of survivors try to find sanctuary.

Danny Boyle's British zombie apocalyptic movie that takes the slow moving infected people to a different level, ones that are nocturnal and run faster than a cheetah. The film does have it's good tense moments especially in the tunnel, when you see rats running away from the infected you know the shit is real.

The film has a good strong start to what caused the outbreak, sole survivor finding other survivors, seeking sanctuary by the military that may seem to drag on then gives us a curve ball, In the House, In a Heartbeat by John Murphy was played decently and in the right spot of the film.

MV5BYTFkM2ViMmQtZmI5NS00MjQ2LWEyN2EtMTI1ZmNlZDU3MTZjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU0OTQ0OTY@._V1_.jpg

Up next Demonic

Like this? Share it using the links below!