Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th November 2014, 01:34 PM
Cultist in Training

Default A Nightmare On Elm Street Figure Collection

Hello all,

Nightmare celebrates its 30th year this month, and with that..I would like
to share some pics of the Freddy figures that I bought over the years..

The very first NOES related collectable I got was the Freddy bust from the FVJ series.. released around 2004.. loved the film, maybe seen it at least 50 times no joke ;p

Figure-wise.. first one got was back in 2008 when I went to Atlanta, GA for the DragonCon event.. aka my summer holiday (spent 3 summers in a row in America)..

Fast forward to 2011, picked up the first 2 Freddy figures (Part 1 and Part 2: Freddy's Revenge) when I was living out in HK.. these figs were from the new Elm Street line by NECA.. never bothered with the other figures - the bodies were all recycled and reused with different heads.

The latest one I picked was the NECA 30th anniversary edition; this is pretty much the same mold as the 2011 part 1 release, but they added a ball-hinged knee this time and some special accessories..
anyway, enough of my blabbering.. here's some photos;

I was also working on this Elm Street display but never got it finished unfortunately.
Bought a figure-stand (the ones they use for the Hot Toys 1:6 scale figures) and glued my bone diorama (from the Evil Ash Movie Maniacs toy) in the middle. The part 1 and Freddy's Revenge figures are displayed on each side.. wanted to print out some NOES posters in replacement of the Army of Darkness one that came originally with the Movie Maniacs bone diorama.. that's as far as I got with it. Will finish this someday..

Any other Elm Street figure / prop collectors out there?
Would love to see your collections!!
gag, Rik, mr 420 and 5 others like this.
Old 16th November 2014, 02:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I've got a few in my loft due to space issues, I'll try dig them out and post some pics.
Also got the new book about the making of part one on its way from America that I helped fund via Kickstarter, so I'll get some pics of that uploaded when it lands
pachinko852 likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 16th November 2014, 02:39 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I've got a few in my loft due to space issues, I'll try dig them out and post some pics.
Also got the new book about the making of part one on its way from America that I helped fund via Kickstarter, so I'll get some pics of that uploaded when it lands
Is the book still available to buy, Rik?
Old 16th November 2014, 03:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Is the book still available to buy, Rik?

Don't think so, the idea of it was for it to be only available to those that helped fund it, unless there's plans for a general release further down the line, I'm not sure tbh
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 16th November 2014, 05:23 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Don't think so, the idea of it was for it to be only available to those that helped fund it, unless there's plans for a general release further down the line, I'm not sure tbh
Oh well, I guess it's back to the waiting game. Cheers for the info, bud.
Old 16th November 2014, 05:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Oh well, I guess it's back to the waiting game. Cheers for the info, bud.

From reading the comments on Kickstarter, a few people who missed out have enquired about it, so I would imagine they might release a less personal/limited edition next year. Be a shame really if they don't, because I would think it'd sell plenty of copies
mr 420 likes this.
Old 16th November 2014, 06:34 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
awesome man, can't wait to see the figures

The Never Sleep Again book sounds interesting.. when will you be getting the book roughly?
I saw some photos on Instagram a few days ago of Heather and Amanada signing loads of copies of the books.. guess you will getting one of those, so lucky!
NSA documentary is amazing, definately recommend it if anyone hasn't seen it yet
Old 16th November 2014, 06:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

They're shipping next week apparently, so probably a couple of weeks before it arrives, can't frigging wait!
Old 16th November 2014, 07:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'm a lazy collector, there is too much out there I would like but I really need to save some money. I have only one of the NECA figures so far and I don't know if I'll get the chance to pick up anymore!
pachinko852 likes this.
Old 17th November 2014, 01:03 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
I'm a lazy collector, there is too much out there I would like but I really need to save some money. I have only one of the NECA figures so far and I don't know if I'll get the chance to pick up anymore!
which NECA figure do you have?
are they sold here in mainstream stores like Toys R Us?

My friend in the US gets a lot of his NECA stuff at his local TRU, though not sure about the stores here..

Like this? Share it using the links below!