Like Tree110Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd December 2014, 08:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
Well I've emailed Starburst, DVD Active, The Digital Fix, Games Radar / SFX and Shock Till You Drop. We'll see if any of them are interested.
Let's hope it helps mate! That's awesome! Every little will help.
Old 3rd December 2014, 08:50 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Starburst maybe on board, I've had an email from their assistant editor!
Old 3rd December 2014, 08:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I've emailed Melon Farmers too. Are there any other websites that cover cult / horror news and releases?
Old 3rd December 2014, 09:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

A few more emailed now - 10kbullets, DVD Drive-In, Mondo Digital, RockShockPop.
Old 4th December 2014, 12:33 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
A few more emailed now - 10kbullets, DVD Drive-In, Mondo Digital, RockShockPop.
Thanks for the support. Via our press releases we have contacted/ do contact most of the web sites and outlets suggested. Some, such as SFX, understandably, don't run crowd funding campaigns, although they have tweeted us.

Please keep up spreading the word, and the donations, as we would love to get to half our target over the weekend. This really is all about saving Zombi Holocaust for future generations! And in answer to someone else on this thread, if we had the money to do this ourselves we would. A small company like us does not have £7500 in reserve.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/r...tive/x/9239714
Vipp likes this.

Evil comes in all sizes!
www.88films.co.uk
Old 4th December 2014, 12:57 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Even Obituary had to do a similar thing in order to release there latest album and they are a legendary band and well established in the metal scene so I can only imagine how hard it must be for a small company trying to do this alone.
mr 420 and Vipp like this.
Old 4th December 2014, 01:00 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Even Obituary had to do a similar thing in order to release there latest album and they are a legendary band and well established in the metal scene so I can only imagine how hard it must be for a small company trying to do this alone.
We almost never licensed this primarily for this reason. It was a very difficult situation for us because if we did the old Shriek Show transfer the complaints would be through the roof. So we gambled and held the crowd campaign to also let us know this market for these films is still there. We probably won't do anything like this again though!

Evil comes in all sizes!
www.88films.co.uk
Old 4th December 2014, 05:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

2 questions regarding the release if you don't mind

Will it be possible to get some discussion (interview or commentary etc..) from Ian McCulloch on this film as he has often spoken a lot about zombie flesh eaters but has said very little on this one.

and will the jungle pit scene be a deleted extra or back in the film as it appears differently in alternate versions?
Old 4th December 2014, 05:36 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
2 questions regarding the release if you don't mind

Will it be possible to get some discussion (interview or commentary etc..) from Ian McCulloch on this film as he has often spoken a lot about zombie flesh eaters but has said very little on this one.

and will the jungle pit scene be a deleted extra or back in the film as it appears differently in alternate versions?
The jungle pit scene can possibly be included as an extra but unless we find HD materials for it, which is highly highly unlikely, it won't be edited back into the film.

Ian has been contracted but it is a consideration over whether or not we can agree on a fee. As we have mentioned, these releases are not really a license to print money although, understandably, he wants renumerated for his participation. Either way, our new feature length documentary on the cannibal genre is, we are confident, going to be excellent.
demonknight likes this.

Evil comes in all sizes!
www.88films.co.uk
Old 5th December 2014, 08:21 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I've gotta be honest I'm quietly confident you guys will raise the money. You're at 49% after the first week and while historically the first week is always the most crucial with crowdfunding campaigns that's still one hell of an achievement. Really cool that you've listened to funders in terms of the perks and I look forward to pledging on December 19th when I get paid - hoping to pledge as much as the festive season allows!
Vipp likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!