All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th April 2015, 02:15 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
That's clearly a bootleg.

It's also clear when looking at the other titles that particular site is selling.

I've removed your link as we don't promote that kind of filth here!
Ah bugger. Saw the original post and got my hopes up, only to see them dashed here.

I do know there was a legitimate spanish only release, but no English friendly.....yet.
Baron Mynd likes this.
Old 19th April 2015, 04:36 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Back in the day, before Wiki, various lists appeared listing various titles, this was compiled into a total of 74 adding in Xtro and Shogun Assassin. Both were never on the official Nasty List though. The complete Video Nasty Collection would be the DPP39 (Section A) and the not prosecuted 33 (Section B) totalling 72.

Then you can collect the 80 odd Section C list...
Nice pics!

You've both box of the banned volumes in there? A previous poster in here suggested to me not to get those, are they purely for completist reasons or would you say they're worth picking up?

I had no idea on Section 3... looks like my quest will continue even longer now haha!

I've found a few Vipco releases on the car boot this morning at 50p each so I picked those up (for now!). Am I going to have to get Absurd/Horrible on R1?
Old 19th April 2015, 04:39 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Mynd View Post
Nice pics!

You've both box of the banned volumes in there? A previous poster in here suggested to me not to get those, are they purely for completist reasons or would you say they're worth picking up?

I had no idea on Section 3... looks like my quest will continue even longer now haha!

I've found a few Vipco releases on the car boot this morning at 50p each so I picked those up (for now!). Am I going to have to get Absurd/Horrible on R1?
I haven't got them but one of them has The Witch Who Came.... and the other has a supposedly very good documentary about the nasties phenomenon.
Old 19th April 2015, 04:53 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Nice pics!

Boo has got the cut Box of the Banned just to piss himself off and fuel his rage.
Boo Radley and Baron Mynd like this.
Old 19th April 2015, 04:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Nice pics!

I got both Boxes of the Banned mainly for the documentary spread across them both but to also show that the state of censorship in this country still hadn't got a lot better.

For more info to shake a stick at try and get hold of Nucleus' DVDs of Video Nasties; The Definitive Guide parts 1 & 2. The 1st covers the infamous 72, the 2nd covers Section 3 titles, all 82 of them. Highly recommended!

Absurd is only available on region 1 from MYA in an English friendly form. There is also a German release if you speak German. No English subs. You will have to buy a few region 1 discs, if you are going to collect the Nasties, especially if you want them uncut.

There was another thread on here, dunno if its still on here, that listed all the Nasties and the section 3 list too.
Old 19th April 2015, 05:03 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
There was another thread on here, dunno if its still on here, that listed all the Nasties and the section 3 list too.
Yeah, this one is pretty informative if you give it a read through from the beginning. Some of the releases listed may have been usurped by better quality versions since being listed, though.

There is also this thread in case you ever go HD for your nasty fix.
Old 19th April 2015, 05:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Section 3 list thanks to Jake West and Mark Morris and Suzi for putting this list up.
Abducted
Aftermath aka Zombie Aftermath Steve Berkett
The Black Room Elly Kenner Norman Vane.
Blood Lust aka Mosquito der Schander.
Blood Song
The Blue Eyes of the Broken Doll
Brutes and Savages
Cannibal (aka Last Cannibal World)
Cannibals
The Chant of Jimmie Blacksmith
The Child
Christmas Evil
Communion aka Alice sweet Alice.
Dawn of the Mummy
Dead Kids
Death Weekend
Deep Red
Demented
The Demons (Jess Franco)
Don't Answer the Phone!
Eaten Alive aka Mangiati Vivi
Enter the Devil. aka Disciples of death. Frank Q Dobbs. Josh Bryant Irene Kelly
The Erotic Rites of Frankenstein
The Evil
The Executioner aka Massacre Mafia style
Final Exam
Foxy Brown
Friday the 13th
Friday the 13th Part 2
GBH (Grievous Bodily Harm) Cliff Twemlow
Graduation Day
Happy Birthday to Me
Headless Eyes
Hell Prison Edward Muller aka Savage Island aka Escape from Hell - with Linda Blair inserts, aka Hotel Paradis
The Hills Have Eyes
Home Sweet Home
Honeymoon Horror Harry Preston
Inseminoid (Norman J Warren)
Invasion of the Blood Farmers
The Killing Hour
The Last Horror Film
The Last Hunter
The Love Butcher
The Mad Foxes
Mark of the Devil
Martin
Massacre Mansion aka The Terror of Dr. Chaney
Mausoleum
Midnight
Naked Fist
The Nesting
The New Adventures of Snow White Rolf Thiele
Night Beast
Night of the Living Dead
Nightmare City
Oasis of the Zombies
Parasite
Phantasm
Pigs
Prey (Norman J Warren)
Prom Night
Rabid
Rosemary's Killer aka The Prowler
Savage Terror aka Primitivs
Scanners
Scream for Vengeance! aka Vengence! Bob Bliss Sally Lockheart
Shogun Assassin (NEVER on the Video Nasties list)
Street Killers aka Mad Dog Murderer aka Mad Dog Killer
Suicide Cult (James Glickenhaus) The Astrologer. Bob Bird Monica Tidwell
Superstition
Suspiria
Terror (Norman J Warren)
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
The Thing
Tomb of the Living Dead aka Mad Dr Of Blood Island.
The Toy Box
Werewolf Woman
Wrong Way
Xtro (NEVER on the Video Nasties list)
Zombie Holocaust
Zombies Lake
Zombies: aka Dawn of the Dead
Old 19th April 2015, 05:20 PM
Cult Rookie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Ah bugger. Saw the original post and got my hopes up, only to see them dashed here.

I do know there was a legitimate spanish only release, but no English friendly.....yet.
I've one currently on my EBay watch list with this as it's description:

Quote:
Excellent quality DVD of The Werewolf And The Yeti (Night Of The Howling Beast).

Starring Paul Naschy, Silvia Solar, Mercedes Molina, Luis Induni and Gil Vidal.

English language.

PAL format DVD!!
Does that sound suspect to you guys? The DPP seem to be a minefield to collect!
Old 19th April 2015, 05:24 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
I got both Boxes of the Banned mainly for the documentary spread across them both but to also show that the state of censorship in this country still hadn't got a lot better.

For more info to shake a stick at try and get hold of Nucleus' DVDs of Video Nasties; The Definitive Guide parts 1 & 2. The 1st covers the infamous 72, the 2nd covers Section 3 titles, all 82 of them. Highly recommended!

Absurd is only available on region 1 from MYA in an English friendly form. There is also a German release if you speak German. No English subs. You will have to buy a few region 1 discs, if you are going to collect the Nasties, especially if you want them uncut.

Much appreciated!

I guessed that would be the case, my German is no good either, it just makes me more determined to search them all out though!
Boo Radley likes this.
Old 19th April 2015, 05:26 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

As already mentioned, there seems to be no legitimate uncut English friendly release of The Werewolf and the Yeti.

Like this? Share it using the links below!