• 1 Post By Susan Foreman
  • 1 Post By Zach Zeman
  • 1 Post By bizarre_eye@Cult Labs
  • 1 Post By nosferatu42

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd June 2016, 01:41 AM
Cult Rookie

Default Parallel Universe With Demons 3

Okay. This post is going to be a little bit out there, but does anyone remember the whole "Berenstein" vs "Berenstain" Bears conspiracy that went around on Reddit that said those who remembered "Berenstein" were from a parallel universe?

Well, if not, there's a subreddit, but I can't post a link until after 15 posts. (Yes I am a complete newbie to the forums. Hello.)

So, going off of this, I could've sworn Demons 3 existed. And it was only as recent as last year. I was in a cult video store and going through their horror selection and I remember seeing Demons, Demons 2, and Demons 3 all next to one another. The first one has the yellow font, the second had red, and I could've sworn the third had blue or yellow. Not only do I remember seeing it, I remember picking up the damn box and looking at the back of it and seeing images similar to the first two films and thinking I would research it and come back later if it was all it was made out to be.

Then, a year later, I go to the store and they say they've never carried it because Demons 3 doesn't exist!

I know that a ton of films have marketed themselves as Demons 3 like The Ogre and such but I know this was a DVD case that had the same font, format, and definitely images with similar makeup to the first two on the back.

Has anyone else ever experienced this or something similar where a movie they have physically seen just up and disappeared from existence?

Is there a parallel universe where Demons 3 is Demons 3?
Old 23rd June 2016, 05:28 AM
Cult Master

There is a 1991 film, directed by Umberto Lenzi, called 'Black Demons' which was released on video as 'Demoni 3'

The film that was supposed to be 'Demons 3' was a Michael Soavi film. It was actually released under the title 'The Church', and is apparently being released by Shameless Films sometime!
Zach Zeman likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 23rd June 2016, 11:26 AM
Cult Rookie

It wasn't either of those. I know about The Church and Black Demons and their DVD cases aren't anywhere close to what I saw.

It honestly looked as similar to the first two as far as cover art goes. I want to say it was a larger crowd of demons that was similar to the cover of the first film but there was something else on it.

But that's really great that Shameless is releasing The Church! I've always wanted to check that movie out.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 23rd June 2016, 11:34 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

As far as I am aware there has never been an official sequel to the first two Demons films.

There was Lamberto Bava's film Demons 3: The Ogre though, which was often marketed purely as Demons 3. Confusingly, it was also marketed as a sequel to Ghosthouse.

Arrow Video released a more 'official' Demons 3 in the guise of a comic in their Limited Edition Blu-ray releases of Demons & Demons 2 back in 2012 too, which also deals with the issue of the 'phantom' third installment.

Welcome to the forums by the way, Zach.
Zach Zeman likes this.
Old 23rd June 2016, 12:04 PM
Cult Rookie

Thank you for the welcome! The vibe of this forum is great. I feel really at home here.

I know about The Ogre, as I stated in the first post. I never saw it, though it looks to be somewhat fun. But good lord the amount of "sequels" Ghosthouse has is just absolutely ridiculous.

Did anyone ever read "Demons 3"? Is it any good?

If not, anyone have any ideas for a "Demons 3" movie?
Old 23rd June 2016, 12:23 PM
Cult Addict

The Ogre was terrible unfortunately. Got it on video somewhere i think, just remember not much happens and the creature only appears at the end briefly.
Zach Zeman likes this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 23rd June 2016, 01:06 PM
Cult Rookie

Well that's disappointing. The Ogre itself had such a neat design and I wanted to see it wreak havoc, but I guess I'll avoid it then. Many sad.

Like this? Share it using the links below!