Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th May 2017, 09:15 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Plus, for posterity my review for The Visit, as referenced as the worst horror film I've ever seen above.
I've not seen The Visit, but been tempted as I have a super high opinion of his first three and a half movies. (WTF. I just checked to make sure that Sixth Sense, Unbreakable and Signs are indeed his first three, and he had two whole movies before Sixth Sense! Sneaky M Night!) I think your review has swayed me in the direction of not bothering though, with talk of "meandering twattiness" and "granny-ass" haha. You should make up some little stickers and pop down to the shop to put them on the DVD case.
Old 13th May 2017, 10:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

I thought The Visit was a hoot, personally.
Miles better than f*****g Split!
Old 14th May 2017, 08:27 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by attackosaur View Post
I've not seen The Visit, but been tempted as I have a super high opinion of his first three and a half movies. (WTF. I just checked to make sure that Sixth Sense, Unbreakable and Signs are indeed his first three, and he had two whole movies before Sixth Sense! Sneaky M Night!) I think your review has swayed me in the direction of not bothering though, with talk of "meandering twattiness" and "granny-ass" haha. You should make up some little stickers and pop down to the shop to put them on the DVD case.
I wouldn't necessarily want to put people off from checking it out, as it is only my opinion after all. I also seem to be in the minority on disliking it with a lot of people hailing it as his best film in years and a return to form (I still maintain they must have seen a different film to me though! )

Generally people must like rapping white 10 year old's more than I do, I guess.
Old 14th May 2017, 11:41 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I wouldn't necessarily want to put people off from checking it out, as it is only my opinion after all. I also seem to be in the minority on disliking it with a lot of people hailing it as his best film in years and a return to form (I still maintain they must have seen a different film to me though! )

Generally people must like rapping white 10 year old's more than I do, I guess.
I think it fits the trend of my history with his films, so I'm comfortable skipping it. Sixth Sense, Unbreakable and Signs knocked my socks off. The Village lost me halfway. I just stopped watching Lady in the Water halfway in. Didn't even bother starting to watch Avatar or After Earth. Scientifically, it makes sense!
Old 14th May 2017, 05:22 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Post deleted.

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 15th May 2017, 10:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
I thought The Visit was a hoot, personally.
Miles better than f*****g Split!
Indeed, The Visit is a very funny film. Split at least has the robot vvitch in it

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!