Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree13Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 26th July 2017, 01:35 PM
J-7 J-7 is offline
Cult Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Default Anyone seen Mum and Dad?

Not a lot of people seem to have seen this but it's an amazing film!
I must have watched it about 10 times, one of my favs.
Demoncrat likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 26th July 2017, 02:01 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Emperor
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-7 View Post
Not a lot of people seem to have seen this but it's an amazing film!
I must have watched it about 10 times, one of my favs.
The British horror about the psychos living on the edge of the airport?

I did like it but have only seen it the one time on dvd.
J-7 likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 26th July 2017, 02:04 PM
bleakshaun's Avatar
Cult Acolyte
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Burntisland
Default

i liked it, but it's been years since i watched it.
Demoncrat and J-7 like this.
__________________
We can't go that way, we must go through this scary apartment building..............
WHERE THE DEVIL LIVES!!!!!!!! HE HASN'T PAID HIS RENT THIS MONTH!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 26th July 2017, 02:20 PM
J-7 J-7 is offline
Cult Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Default

Yep thats the one. I had it on DVD , I think it was a film funded by the national lottery or something. Great film. Kind of film that sticks with you days later
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 26th July 2017, 02:21 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Emperor
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-7 View Post
Yep thats the one. I had it on DVD , I think it was a film funded by the national lottery or something. Great film. Kind of film that sticks with you days later
Ha'ha but not years later as i've no intention of watching it again. The small cast meant nothing really significant was going to happen until the end.

I've now routed it out to get rid off.
J-7 likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 26th July 2017, 02:34 PM
J-7 J-7 is offline
Cult Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Ha'ha but not years later as i've no intention of watching it again. The small cast meant nothing really significant was going to happen until the end.

I've now routed it out to get rid off.
Do you think? I was gripped all the way through. The dad in it's been in a few British tv programmes but didn't know any of the other actors. Either way I enjoyed it. Reminded me slightly of the Australian film The Loved Ones but I must say I preferred Mum and Dad.
Demoncrat likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 26th July 2017, 02:40 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Emperor
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-7 View Post
Do you think? I was gripped all the way through. The dad in it's been in a few British tv programmes but didn't know any of the other actors. Either way I enjoyed it. Reminded me slightly of the Australian film The Loved Ones but I must say I preferred Mum and Dad.
I really enjoyed The Loved Ones. Much more than Mum and Dad.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 26th July 2017, 02:43 PM
J-7 J-7 is offline
Cult Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I really enjoyed The Loved Ones. Much more than Mum and Dad.
Enjoyed that too. The kettle scene damn that hurt my head haha
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 26th July 2017, 02:47 PM
Demoncrat's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: summerisle
Blog Entries: 20
Default

Yes I like Mum & Dad. Perry Benson was best known for comedy roles until this etc. Merry Xmas!!
J-7 likes this.
__________________
"Blade! Equilibrium! Commando!"


" ....all you people in those coffins? I don't believe in this kinda stuff .... YOU HEAR ME??!! So don't be tryin' to turn me into no damn wolf!!!!"




Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 26th July 2017, 02:54 PM
J-7 J-7 is offline
Cult Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Yes I like Mum & Dad. Perry Benson was best known for comedy roles until this etc. Merry Xmas!!
I know. I know him best from being Paul Cook in Sid and Nancy.
I think he did a pretty good job of playing an utter lunatic.

Whilst we're on the subject of british horrors anyone seen Inbred featuring Paddy from Emmerdale haha.
I don't know why but that film really freaked me out despite the comedy aspects. I'm pretty hardened to horrors but that got to me and I have no idea why
Demoncrat likes this.
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.