Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th February 2013, 10:45 PM
Cult Acolyte

I remember an episode of Ironside in which there was a man (wolfman?)floating in a room and he was calling "Iron....siiiide"
I don't remember what age I was but that really played on my mind.
Old 30th May 2013, 07:27 PM
Cultist in Training

For me I think the earliest scare for me was the Hammer shorts on a Friday night, the particular episode with the young childrens birthday party and all the blood! Also the Shining did it for me too.
Old 30th May 2013, 08:59 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Saw a pirate of The Exorcist when I was 11...that'll do it
Old 30th May 2013, 09:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zann View Post
Saw a pirate of The Exorcist when I was 11...that'll do it
Agreed, the Exorcist, it made four 18 year old lads scared to walk home on their own.
Zann likes this.
Old 30th May 2013, 09:06 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
Agreed, the Exorcist, it made four 18 year old lads scared to walk home on their own.
Even something as simple as the pendulum stopping on the clock in the beginning, the one-eyed black smith and the ancient statue against the sun going down is shit-your-pants scary
tele1962 likes this.
Old 30th May 2013, 09:19 PM
Cultist in Training

The earliest example of a film terrifying me would have to be The Company of Wolves - I didn't make it past the first dream sequence with the girl being pursued through the forest, though specifically the bit before that where the the lead character's bedroom turns from day to night in the space of a few seconds. That really, really scared me. I was only seven or eight at the time, but I was so freaked out by it I wouldn't even look at the video in the local rental shop and wouldn't dare watch the film until about seven years later. Luckily it turned out to be a peach of a film!

A few years later, but The Lost Boys scared the hell out of me, specifically the moment where Kiefer Sutherland's face comes out of the dark and we see him as a proper vampire for the first time - I ran screaming from the room and hid upstairs. Saying that, I was so gripped by the film that I (nervously) asked my much-braver sister what happened afterwards!

Oh, there was also that utterly bizarre moment in Superman III where the bad guy's sister gets turned into a terrifying cyborg. It was the hair and the eyes that did it.

Old 30th May 2013, 10:11 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Yeah, as a diver I find the head scene in Jaws is my worst nightmare.
Seeing it.... or being it?
Old 31st May 2013, 07:21 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

The Hills Have Eyes is the film that I found most scary when watching it as a kid, as for tv programs The Day of the Triffids series was pretty creepy and Sapphire and Steel was bloody terrifying
Old 31st May 2013, 07:25 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
The Hills Have Eyes is the film that I found most scary when watching it as a kid, as for tv programs The Day of the Triffids series was pretty creepy and Sapphire and Steel was bloody terrifying
Wow Sapphire and Steel that brings back some very early memories for me.
Old 31st May 2013, 10:52 AM
Seasoned Cultist

The first time I watched It: I was 5 years old when I first watched it and after watching that, I was completely terrified off clowns for 5 years.

Like this? Share it using the links below!