Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th June 2009, 06:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

IT is in my top 20 favs of all time and top 3 of stephen King,The film is chilling and not many films get pushed through with a child killer storyline as untouched as this did, were any cuts ever applied from the original master??, even if they were there are some dicey taboo moments.
Old 11th June 2009, 10:23 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Years ago my mum and I were talking about the book "It" when we noticed through the window a bunch of balloons in the branches of a tree opposite our house!Spooked us both out for weeks.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 11th June 2009, 11:11 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I agree Loops, Prince of Darkness is very underrated mate.

Films with a surivial against all odds from violent gangs, crazy dudes, zombies etc scare me.
The scene in The Warriors were the Warriors break cover and run for the train, but the Turnbull AC's chase 'em in a bus , then on foot with melee weapons (b'ball bats, iron bars etc) along side the waiting train , scare's the s**t outta me still.
Realistic stuff like that frightens me.
Old 12th June 2009, 05:45 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

The earliest memory of a movie/TV programme scaring me nearly to death in my childhood is from around '79/'80.
There was some strange 3 (?) part series running in the childrens' (!!!) programme in Germany, from which I only remember as much as a nuclear plant about to explode. The sounds of the alarm signals and sight of smoke and explosions simply drove me nuts!
The other bit is from '81/'82- I think, as my parents were watching a film(?)/TV series(?) set in the middle ages, with people fleeing from the "black death". The scenes I saw were spooky enough, but laying in my bed and still hearing the sounds from the living room didn't do my sleep any good either.

Watching the first 15 mins of "Jaws" on TV around '81, as I was about to learn swimming, wasn't probably the smartest idea too....
Old 12th June 2009, 08:36 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Years ago my mum and I were talking about the book "It" when we noticed through the window a bunch of balloons in the branches of a tree opposite our house!Spooked us both out for weeks.
Holy crap!!
The book is a lot better/detailed than the film. There's a really evil character in it who tortures animals, yuck!! And he also "introduces" the head "bad kid" to the world of same-sex love....ahem! King really knows how to disturb huh?!!
Old 14th July 2009, 12:41 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

the people under the stairs was the one that scarred me as a kid and hellraiser i was about 8 when i sneaked them from my mums room and sneaked downstairs to watch them when everyone was asleep.
Old 14th July 2009, 10:09 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Neal View Post
Watching the first 15 mins of "Jaws" on TV around '81, as I was about to learn swimming, wasn't probably the smartest idea too....
I first saw it (aged 8) on the cinema in summer 1975, a few months after my family and I moved to Newquay. The water didn't exactly tempt me that year.
Old 14th July 2009, 10:27 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I must be a bit wierd r strange cant remember any film scaring me
I watched evil dead exorcist tcm all those type of films when they where banned etc in the hey days of the 80s and i was only 12 13 always been a horror fan since
Sorry but i realy just didnt rate stephen king it
Old 14th July 2009, 10:30 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The first part of It is good but the second part is crap.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 14th July 2009, 06:40 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
I first saw it (aged 8) on the cinema in summer 1975, a few months after my family and I moved to Newquay. The water didn't exactly tempt me that year.
Newquay was on GMTV yesterday morning Vince.Don't think it was because of a great whith shark though.
Looks like a nice place to chill out.

One film that made me shit meself was THE GRUDGE (JU-ON)
Best watched with the lights out and the sound turned way up.......

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!