Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   First film that made you quake in your pants (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/1386-first-film-made-you-quake-your-pants.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 8th June 2009 07:48 PM

First film that made you quake in your pants

Remember when you were a nipper,a mere pup,and you saw that first shocking scene on TV or video that literally made you shit in your little high waisters?
Tell us about your experiences here....what was the film/s that made you SCARED?

Gold6082 8th June 2009 07:59 PM

Children of Ravensback scared me witless as a Kid.

When I first saw the Fly age 7 I had nightmares for weeks.

Hellgate made me throw up when I was 6 laughable now but the scene with that fish ewwww.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 8th June 2009 08:07 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Anyone ever find the below scary when they were a young whippersnapper?
I remember watching AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON,being terrified,hiding behind the couch,but being unable to divert my gaze successfully for any length of time......curiosity killed the kid?:eek::makelikeatree:

Gold6082 8th June 2009 08:12 PM

I was about 10 when I first saw AAWIL, As much as I love the film to this day, I can honestly say it never scared me at all.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 8th June 2009 08:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What scared you then mate? Jeffrey,Bungle and Zippy? Rod,Jane and Freddy?:jest:
Now those ****ing haircuts were scary!

You must've seen the BBC-friendly-cert 10 version of AAWIL mate.....:D

DeadAlive 8th June 2009 08:29 PM

I remember watching the original "Invasion Of The Bodysnatchers " when I was a kid and it really upset me to the point I wouldn't go to sleep that night. A healthy diet of Hammer films and sci-fi and I soon got the message that they were only films. ;)

Gold6082 8th June 2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 30400)
What scared you then mate? Jeffrey,Bungle and Zippy? Rod,Jane and Freddy?:jest:
Now those ****ing haircuts were scary!

You must've seen the BBC-friendly-cert 10 version of AAWIL mate.....:D

You cheeky Shit :jest:

Make Them Die Slowly 8th June 2009 08:33 PM

"Jaws" scared the cack out of me when I saw it at the pictures when I was 9 years old.Christ, I sound really old using the term "Pictures"!

"Salem's Lot"-the vampire kid at the window put the frights on me for weeks,if truth be told it still does now!

DeadAlive 8th June 2009 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 30405)
"Salem's Lot"-the vampire kid at the window put the frights on me for weeks,if truth be told it still does now!

Definitely one of the more successful images from any of the Stephen King adaptations. The floating kid scratching at the window is truly the stuff of nightmares.

Pete 9th June 2009 08:56 AM

No films scared me as a kid but when i was 12 i watched Poultergeist on my own and literally shit my pants!!:D

Also John Carpenters underrated Prince of Darkness is a scary film.

gax 9th June 2009 03:04 PM

a nightmare on elm street 1 was very scary when i was 9 :) had to watch it with my mum and 4 some reason i found friday the 13th part 2 quite freaky i think it was the pillow case on jason that freaked me out,the gate was also scary in a good way the same with house

TALL DUDE 11th June 2009 11:13 AM

The beast with five fingers was THE first horror i ever watched,at the tender age of 4,and boy did it scare me,that disembodied hand playing the piano gave me the old crawling hand syndrome for many years after(remember watching blood from the mummys tomb on one of those bbc2 horror double bills and those opening scenes with the hand crawling over the sand dunes also left a lasting impression.)

Madman also had its moments,black christmas,watched alone with the lights out at the age of 12,boy did that scare me,and of course the pant shitting terror of the woman in black.:cool:

vincenzo 11th June 2009 11:44 AM

The Woman In Black is a masterpiece.

broonage 11th June 2009 12:40 PM

Poltergeist,
Killer Klowns,
IT,
The middle Freddies (3, 4, etc),
Aliens

Pete 11th June 2009 12:45 PM

Do you mean Steven King's IT?

If so that was the only film my dad wouldn't let me watch as a kid.

mark meakin 11th June 2009 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadAlive (Post 30406)
Definitely one of the more successful images from any of the Stephen King adaptations. The floating kid scratching at the window is truly the stuff of nightmares.

Agreed,though the first horror film I watched that genuinely creeped me out when I was very young was THE GORGON,the first horror film I ever remember watching.But that paled into insignificance when I watched THE OMEN for the first time when it appeared on ITV around 1980-81.THAT MUSIC !:ack:

Pete 11th June 2009 01:14 PM

The Lady in White scared me as a kid.

vincenzo 11th June 2009 03:09 PM

The first horror film I ever saw (aged 6) was Fiend Without A Face. As a result I wailed all night due to an unerring belief that there was a killer brain under my bed. :o

broonage 11th June 2009 03:21 PM

Yip, IT made me have nightmares for days. Even watching it today gives me goosebumps.
Poltergeist and Aliens were the bad ones for me!! Don't scare me now though.

spooks 11th June 2009 06:20 PM

yeah, IT has some damn scary moments. Pennywise is one hell of a scary clown.

Gold6082 11th June 2009 06:28 PM

IT is in my top 20 favs of all time and top 3 of stephen King,The film is chilling and not many films get pushed through with a child killer storyline as untouched as this did, were any cuts ever applied from the original master??, even if they were there are some dicey taboo moments.

Make Them Die Slowly 11th June 2009 10:23 PM

Years ago my mum and I were talking about the book "It" when we noticed through the window a bunch of balloons in the branches of a tree opposite our house!Spooked us both out for weeks.

vipco 11th June 2009 11:11 PM

I agree Loops, Prince of Darkness is very underrated mate.

Films with a surivial against all odds from violent gangs, crazy dudes, zombies etc scare me.
The scene in The Warriors were the Warriors break cover and run for the train, but the Turnbull AC's chase 'em in a bus , then on foot with melee weapons (b'ball bats, iron bars etc) along side the waiting train , scare's the s**t outta me still.
Realistic stuff like that frightens me.

Peter Neal 12th June 2009 05:45 AM

The earliest memory of a movie/TV programme scaring me nearly to death in my childhood is from around '79/'80.
There was some strange 3 (?) part series running in the childrens' (!!!) programme in Germany, from which I only remember as much as a nuclear plant about to explode. The sounds of the alarm signals and sight of smoke and explosions simply drove me nuts!:p:D
The other bit is from '81/'82- I think, as my parents were watching a film(?)/TV series(?) set in the middle ages, with people fleeing from the "black death". The scenes I saw were spooky enough, but laying in my bed and still hearing the sounds from the living room didn't do my sleep any good either.;)

Watching the first 15 mins of "Jaws" on TV around '81, as I was about to learn swimming, wasn't probably the smartest idea too....:eek:

broonage 12th June 2009 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 30723)
Years ago my mum and I were talking about the book "It" when we noticed through the window a bunch of balloons in the branches of a tree opposite our house!Spooked us both out for weeks.

Holy crap!!
The book is a lot better/detailed than the film. There's a really evil character in it who tortures animals, yuck!! And he also "introduces" the head "bad kid" to the world of same-sex love....ahem! King really knows how to disturb huh?!!

Kyle 14th July 2009 12:41 AM

the people under the stairs was the one that scarred me as a kid and hellraiser i was about 8 when i sneaked them from my mums room and sneaked downstairs to watch them when everyone was asleep.

vincenzo 14th July 2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Neal (Post 30749)
Watching the first 15 mins of "Jaws" on TV around '81, as I was about to learn swimming, wasn't probably the smartest idea too....:eek:

I first saw it (aged 8) on the cinema in summer 1975, a few months after my family and I moved to Newquay. The water didn't exactly tempt me that year. :eek:

gag 14th July 2009 10:27 AM

I must be a bit wierd r strange cant remember any film scaring me
I watched evil dead exorcist tcm all those type of films when they where banned etc in the hey days of the 80s and i was only 12 13 always been a horror fan since
Sorry but i realy just didnt rate stephen king it

Pete 14th July 2009 10:30 AM

The first part of It is good but the second part is crap.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th July 2009 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 33805)
I first saw it (aged 8) on the cinema in summer 1975, a few months after my family and I moved to Newquay. The water didn't exactly tempt me that year. :eek:

Newquay was on GMTV yesterday morning Vince.Don't think it was because of a great whith shark though.:D
Looks like a nice place to chill out.:cool:

One film that made me shit meself was THE GRUDGE (JU-ON)
Best watched with the lights out and the sound turned way up.......:eek::makelikeatree:

vincenzo 14th July 2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 33931)
Newquay was on GMTV yesterday morning Vince.Don't think it was because of a great white shark though.:D
Looks like a nice place to chill out.:cool:

At the moment it's a mecca for underrage drinking, corrupt town councillors, a tourist officer with his head up his anus, and a police force that hides behind lamp-posts when there's trouble. :ack:

It's great between September & May though. :cool:

gag 14th July 2009 10:00 PM

Sounds like most places these days.. police who want to prosecute some 1 who accidently dropped a crisp but cant be arsed to follow up a burglary and give a constant reoffender another chance instead of sending them to prison

vincenzo 14th July 2009 10:03 PM

It's fine once the emmets (holiday-makers) have gone home. :cool:

BioZombie 14th July 2009 11:56 PM

It's been mentioned a couple of times on this thread but I'll mention it again. Prince of Darkness is one of the only films that scares me now, it's hughley underrated. When I was younger it was all about Halloween and Psycho I remember staying up and bein scard to death by them.

Kyle 15th July 2009 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 34008)
It's been mentioned a couple of times on this thread but I'll mention it again. Prince of Darkness is one of the only films that scares me now, it's hughley underrated. When I was younger it was all about Halloween and Psycho I remember staying up and bein scard to death by them.

prince of darkness is an awesome film but i never saw it as a kid :mad:

Pete 15th July 2009 09:49 AM

I saw Prince of Darkness as a kid and it never bothered me, then last year i watched it and it scared the shit out of me!

A hugely underrated film.

TALL DUDE 15th July 2009 07:18 PM

With you guys on this one.When i first saw pod back in the late 80's didnt think much of it,but on watching it again on dvd,really enjoyed it and quite creepy,and that music score..;)

Having said that,theres quite a few movies i've been revisiting of late that i aint seen in yonks and have enjoyed them all. Watched superman 2 last night with my daughter..bloody brilliant,although some of the effects are a bit cheesy now.:D

gag 15th July 2009 08:11 PM

nvr seen p o d yet :(
I have to get round to watching it
I think superman 1 2 3 r quality films
Quite a few films i realy enjoy watching time to time that arent in the horror genre..

The warriors
Scum
Labyrinth even tho might get shot for admitting to this :rofl: sorry guys
tron

Just a handfull of films seen quite a few times but nvr get bored of

TALL DUDE 16th July 2009 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 34106)
nvr seen p o d yet :(
I have to get round to watching it
I think superman 1 2 3 r quality films
Quite a few films i realy enjoy watching time to time that arent in the horror genre..

The warriors
Scum
Labyrinth even tho might get shot for admitting to this :rofl: sorry guys
tron

Just a handfull of films seen quite a few times but nvr get bored of

Scum and the warriors are both classics,never tire of watching them myself.:)

Havent seen labyrinth and tron in years ,though i was quite fond of tron in my youth,labyrinth,less so.

vincenzo 16th July 2009 09:41 PM

I remember seeing Grizzly on the cinema in 1976 (I was 9). Even though the film had been quite heavily cut it was still extremely bloody and creeped quite a few of my year out.