Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th October 2016, 10:52 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default Shudder

The new horror based on demand video streaming service Shudder went into Beta in the UK today, and I was wondering if anyone is using it, or planning to use it. I've heard so many good things from Americans who have the service, but with Sky having a bit of a monopoly here streaming services always seem a little lacklustre in terms of content in the UK. But there's a really good mix of titles up currently. They have loads of Arrow stuff (some VS stuff too, plenty of Hammer), but lots of really random things, like Funeral Home, The Day After Halloween, The Velvet Vampire and The Legend Of Boggy Creak too.

Sadly they don't seem to have an app for Amazon, or for my Smart TV yet, so I have no way of watching this stuff on my TV. And I don't plan to watch it on my computer. And because of where they're positioned in my house it'd be a pain linking them.

But at £4.99 a month, I'd definitely be up for giving them a chance based on what they've managed to acquire for beta. I assume the content will grow. As they're ran by the IFC Midnight people I was hopeful they'd have more IFC Midnight stuff that hasn't been picked up in the UK yet, but it doesn't appear so.
Old 26th February 2021, 12:12 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Just announced today that Shudder will be getting the rights to stream George A Romero's The Amusement Park the once lost film.
Justin101, Graeme73 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 14th March 2021, 05:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Shudder Tells the True Story of the Most Haunted House in England With ‘The Banishing’

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...shing-trailer/

Shudder will be delivering classic haunted house thrills and chills with Black Death director Christopher Smith‘s The Banishing next month, and their trailer has arrived tonight.

The film is being billed as “the true story of the most haunted house in England.”

“A young reverend and his wife and daughter move into a manor with a horrifying secret. When a vengeful spirit haunts the little girl and threatens to tear the family apart, the reverend and his wife are forced to confront their beliefs. They must turn to black magic by seeking the help of a famous Occultist…or risk losing their daughter.”

Jessica Brown Findlay (Downton Abbey), John Heffernan (Collateral), John Lynch (The Terror) and Sean Harris (the Mission: Impossible franchise, Possum) star.

Face your fear on April 15. And find the trailer below.

Christopher Smith also directed the horror films Creep (2004), Severance, and Triangle.
Nordicdusk and MrBarlow like this.
Old 14th March 2021, 09:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Shudder Tells the True Story of the Most Haunted House in England With ‘The Banishing’

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...shing-trailer/

Shudder will be delivering classic haunted house thrills and chills with Black Death director Christopher Smith‘s The Banishing next month, and their trailer has arrived tonight.

The film is being billed as “the true story of the most haunted house in England.”

“A young reverend and his wife and daughter move into a manor with a horrifying secret. When a vengeful spirit haunts the little girl and threatens to tear the family apart, the reverend and his wife are forced to confront their beliefs. They must turn to black magic by seeking the help of a famous Occultist…or risk losing their daughter.”

Jessica Brown Findlay (Downton Abbey), John Heffernan (Collateral), John Lynch (The Terror) and Sean Harris (the Mission: Impossible franchise, Possum) star.

Face your fear on April 15. And find the trailer below.

Christopher Smith also directed the horror films Creep (2004), Severance, and Triangle.
Nice one it should be good to view in the dark
Old 29th June 2021, 09:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Near dark is coming to Shudder

Justin101 likes this.
Old 29th June 2021, 09:47 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Near dark is coming to Shudder

More importantly it's coming to StudioCanal Special Edition land.
Justin101 and trebor8273 like this.
Old 29th June 2021, 10:06 PM
Cult Veteran

I've got my Japanese bluray I bought for a tenner in Tokyo and still haven't watched yet I bet I have the 4k special edition before I do re-watch it

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 29th June 2021, 10:10 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I've got my Japanese bluray I bought for a tenner in Tokyo and still haven't watched yet I bet I have the 4k special edition before I do re-watch it
I gave it a rewatch a couple of years ago and loved it all over again. I was thinking i'd give it another viewing and then saw there was this HD release coming so waited.

I hope it's not as long as the Howling.
Old 29th June 2021, 10:15 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I gave it a rewatch a couple of years ago and loved it all over again. I was thinking i'd give it another viewing and then saw there was this HD release coming so waited.

I hope it's not as long as the Howling.
The UK Blu has already been out of print for many years now which is why I bought this JP one (still Studio Canal weirdly!) At least The Howling BD only came out 3 years (ish) ago and is still in print. It can be had for cheap too.

Hopefully the new versions will be out this year for both films, they don't seem to announce these things too far in advance either.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 30th June 2021, 01:28 AM
Cult Addict

MrBarlow likes this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.

Like this? Share it using the links below!