All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th May 2008, 02:30 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by slybonethetownie View Post
"Let Sleeping Corpses Lie" aka "The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue" is an Spanish/Italian co-production which was shot in England and has a good amount of screen time in a hospital/morgue setting, with most of the remainder set in a cemetary. Good flick if you haven't seen it!
Great fun film. Once branded as one of those dreaded video nasties but long since uncut and now looks better than ever. The Anchor Bay DVD was worth getting for the superb booklet alone.

Last edited by vincenzo; 14th May 2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old 14th May 2008, 04:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

It should be noted that Anchor Bay are no longer issuing it with the booklet, that was a limited release only to the best of my knowledge. I have with that booklet and agree with vincenzo in that it's a superb read.

Another hospital based horror film is Andy Milligan's final called Surgikill (aka Screwball Hospital). Bloody awful film though, I've enjoyed every Milligan film I've seen apart from that one but then he only pointed and shot, other than that he had no other involvement unlike in all of his other films where was in control of everything. A curio all the same but still crap.

Last edited by cloud; 14th May 2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old 14th May 2008, 05:00 PM
Cult Rookie

Yep, as far as I know all of the Anchor Bay editions are now OOP, but Blue Underground has just issued an excellent 2 disc edition with some new interviews and a new set of artwork w/slipcover! I've been proud to own that new edition for a few weeks now!
Old 14th May 2008, 08:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Blue Underground have a Blu-ray of LDATMM lined up so I'll wait for that. Everything seems to be going OOP these days, I can't keep up with it all.
Old 15th May 2008, 01:13 AM
Cult Rookie

Wow, LDAMM on Blu-Ray. I've been telling myself for a couple of years that I'm happy enough with standard-def DVDs that I'll never need to upgrade to hi-def, but now that the format wars are over and they're starting to put cool films like this out on BD, well, I might just have to change my mind! I guess we'll see what else gets put out before I decide.
Old 15th May 2008, 11:11 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Blue Underground are announcing their first batch of Blu-ray titles shortly so keep an eye on their website (www.blue-underground.com) and you might be in for a pleasant surprise or two.

Personally I won't be upgrading for a little while, I can even see me sticking with standard DVD for another 12-24 months, perhaps even longer. It's never been a better time to collect with everything going dirt cheap now, so cheap I keep buying and have a watch pile of over 250 films! Just a shame so much is going out of print.
Old 31st May 2008, 02:12 PM
Cult Rookie

Smile

hospital horror is a very good film.
Old 31st May 2008, 06:36 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slybonethetownie View Post
Yep, as far as I know all of the Anchor Bay editions are now OOP, but Blue Underground has just issued an excellent 2 disc edition with some new interviews and a new set of artwork w/slipcover! I've been proud to own that new edition for a few weeks now!
Any chance of posting that artwork?
Old 15th October 2017, 10:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Halloween 2
X Ray
Horror Hospital
Rabid
Sick Nurses
Re Animator
Session 9
Hellbound
Nightwatch
The Kingdom (TV)

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 15th October 2017, 10:30 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Balaguero's Fragile is a great hospital ghost story.

Demoncrat likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!