Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   bizarre_eye's Lobby Cards (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/1495-bizarre_eyes-lobby-cards.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 7th July 2009 07:36 PM

bizarre_eye's Lobby Cards

10 Attachment(s)
Thought I'd post something here as Mr Almar has created this topic especially...;)

For the past year or so I've been collecting Lobby cards on and off, mainly gialli orientated and mainly Mexican in origin. Mexican lobby's are large (roughly 12x16 inches), plus have superb artwork, whereas many European and US ones are smaller and not as arty.

I have attached some thumbnails of my small, but I think respectable collection.... enjoy! :)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 7th July 2009 07:37 PM

4 Attachment(s)
and some more...

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 7th July 2009 07:38 PM

As I said, it's a fairly small collection at the mo, but I am always looking to add to it! :D

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 7th July 2009 07:52 PM

Cool stuff B.E.!:cool: You got them for sale on ebay?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 7th July 2009 08:52 PM

Cheers reaps :). I think I got all of these off eBay. I won't be selling them though! I'm planning to get some of them framed for my planned loft conversion.... an attic media room for myself with framed giallo artwork on the walls? What more could you ask for?! ;):cool:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 7th July 2009 08:57 PM

One of those attic conversions like that :D
Counting the years until the weans get married and move out.....:jest:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 7th July 2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 33111)
One of those attic conversions like that :D
Counting the years until the weans get married and move out.....:jest:

Not going to pack 'em off to boarding school then reaps?! :jest:

Almar@Cult Labs 7th July 2009 09:32 PM

Brilliant - that's a small but very perfect collection - they'll look amazing framed. I wish we could push as far as those designs with DVD sleeves but retailers would freak which says everything. Do keep us updated with your next purchases - you never know - we may one day need some scans of 'em!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 7th July 2009 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 33124)
Brilliant - that's a small but very perfect collection - they'll look amazing framed. I wish we could push as far as those designs with DVD sleeves but retailers would freak which says everything. Do keep us updated with your next purchases - you never know - we may one day need some scans of 'em!

Thanks Almar :) Rest assured, if I get any more I'll post pics here! :D - and if you ever do need scans, you'd be more than welcome to use them. What you say about DVD sleeves is too true, I'm afraid. What retailers don't understand is that the folks who are interested in these films want the cool artwork as well, at least you guys at Shameless and Arrow do a flip-side, so not only is the choice there but also the option of doing something more extreme that the retailers don't have to display. You should definitely start selling on here Almar, then you could do exclusive online only sleeves where anything goes! :D

Almar@Cult Labs 7th July 2009 10:27 PM

Yup without a doubt an area to look into is selling some exclusive editions online for the hardcore fans.