Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree4Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 4th August 2009, 09:44 PM
Cultist
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Wolverhampton
Default Collecting DVDs

Sorry to start another thread, couldn't find another suitable.
What titles do you find a complete bastard to track down? Whether you just can't find it or the price is never right.
I know there's some pretty hardcore collectors on here!
For example, i'vd been trying to find Motel Hell on dvd for ages, to no avail & I wouldn't settle for the Midnite Movies double feature disc. I finally bought it on Ebay tonight for 16.99! Looks like an Australian release.
Another one was Thai horror, Buppha Rahtree, that was a bitch to find & it's sequels are proving nigh on impossible!
So what did you guys have to search high & low for & what still eludes you?

Oh yeah, I also never knew until recently how hard Fright Night part 2 was to find on dvd!
__________________
"I'm runnin' this monkey farm now, Frankenstein! & I wanna know, what the **** you're doin' with my time!?"
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 4th August 2009, 11:25 PM
Kyle's Avatar
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: stoke on trent
Blog Entries: 20
Default

ive been searching for ages for a signed copy of murder collection v1 dont think ill ever get one to be honest
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 5th August 2009, 01:34 PM
Pete's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Liverpool
Blog Entries: 13
Default

It took me years to get the whole set of Vipco Vaults dvd's.
__________________


Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 5th August 2009, 03:01 PM
Cultist
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Wolverhampton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
It took me years to get the whole set of Vipco Vaults dvd's.
I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of that Vipco collection, Loops! I've only got The Burning Uncut & Cannibal Ferox so far.
I'm gonna start collecting the EC entertainment releases,any one got a decent collection of these, pic or list? I've only got the release of Cannibal Holocaust with the skull on the cover.
I've just got into Troma too, argh, to may dvd's on my 'to get' list!
__________________
"I'm runnin' this monkey farm now, Frankenstein! & I wanna know, what the **** you're doin' with my time!?"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 5th August 2009, 05:24 PM
alex s's Avatar
Active Cultist
Good Trader
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: deepest black country
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1313 View Post
Sorry to start another thread, couldn't find another suitable.
What titles do you find a complete bastard to track down? Whether you just can't find it or the price is never right.
I know there's some pretty hardcore collectors on here!
For example, i'vd been trying to find Motel Hell on dvd for ages, to no avail & I wouldn't settle for the Midnite Movies double feature disc. I finally bought it on Ebay tonight for 16.99! Looks like an Australian release.
Another one was Thai horror, Buppha Rahtree, that was a bitch to find & it's sequels are proving nigh on impossible!
So what did you guys have to search high & low for & what still eludes you?

Oh yeah, I also never knew until recently how hard Fright Night part 2 was to find on dvd!

surely the dutch release under the title Eaten Alive isn't that hard to find
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 5th August 2009, 05:31 PM
Cultist
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Wolverhampton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex s View Post
surely the dutch release under the title Eaten Alive isn't that hard to find
Eaten Alive is the alternate name for Death Trap, not Motel hell, isn't it? The only other Eaten Alive I know of is the Lenzi cannibal film.
i'm confused, lol.
__________________
"I'm runnin' this monkey farm now, Frankenstein! & I wanna know, what the **** you're doin' with my time!?"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 5th August 2009, 06:47 PM
The Reaper Man@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Glasgow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
It took me years to get the whole set of Vipco Vaults dvd's.
The buzz kind of fades once there's no more to be had Loops.It's the thrill of the chase.
__________________


'There's something about blasting the shit out of a razorback that brightens up my whole day!'
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 5th August 2009, 06:53 PM
Sam's Avatar
Sam Sam is offline
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Default

I took too long scratching my head over whether to buy a few Noshame releases when they were around the 12 mark ('Almost Human' and 'Colt 38: Special Squad' in particular). Now they're going for silly money
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 5th August 2009, 06:54 PM
gax gax is offline
Ex-member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Default

eaten alive is its US title death trap is the euro title.Motel Hell is motel hell everywhere.
Mangiati vivi! is also called eaten alive.

there is a list of EC dvds on cultmovieforums somewhere
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 5th August 2009, 06:55 PM
The Reaper Man@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Glasgow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
I took too long scratching my head over whether to buy a few Noshame releases when they were around the 12 mark ('Almost Human' and 'Colt 38: Special Squad' in particular). Now they're going for silly money
Yeah regretted doing the same many a time Sam.....
__________________


'There's something about blasting the shit out of a razorback that brightens up my whole day!'
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.