Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th August 2009, 06:58 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
Looks like an interesting bunch of films there Bizarre, what would be your pick of the crop?

The only german splatter I've seen is Zombie 90: Extreme Pestalance if the gore wasnt so obviously fake (and the dubbing so atrocious) it may have been quite a horrowing experience
It's fairly tough to choose, as they all have their good points... my top choices would probably be Beyond the Limits, Exitus Interruptus, Garden of Love and Nikos the Impaler. Rossa Venezia is also a great experience... as is most of Bethmann's output to be honest!

There is a lot of German Splatter available out there with no English dub or subtitles... I have a few English unfriendly versions myself and it doesn't particularly bother me (as you hardly need a PhD to follow them! ), but I know it bothers a lot of other people. I also have a fairly good (in my eyes anyway!) understanding of German... so I get by!
Old 18th August 2009, 06:59 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

That Olaf Ittenbach collection looks very nice Paul... I, too am wondering which of his films are on it?
Old 18th August 2009, 07:03 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I have Zombie 90, Extreme Pestelence and Nekro 1 some where.(vhs)

Whats DAMON 3 Disc set about, looks good.

I'm still yet to get Zombie 90, it's on my list!

Damonenbrut is riot mate. The version I have has a bonus film Insel der Damon. Basically an exploitation splatter movie all the way through with some great gore.
Old 18th August 2009, 07:05 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooks View Post
is Space Wolf as cool as it sounds?
Space Wolf is a a fairly early entry into the German splatter arena. Very low budget and cheesey but gorey and fun too... it might be hard to track down now on DVD though.
Old 18th August 2009, 07:06 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Cheers for all the comments guys!

Anyone else gonna post their stuff? Vip's I'd love to see that Nekro VHS cover!
Old 18th August 2009, 07:12 AM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye
There is a lot of German Splatter available out there with no English dub or subtitles
Trust me the english dub on Zombie 90 is something to behold. As far as I can remember it's all done by one man, who does the women too, and I wouldn't be suprised if most of the line were made up rather than translated. He also gives eveyone comically bad accents that makes it impossible to take any of it seriously. I would be interested to see it in german with subs to see if it plays any differently. But the dub should be watched at lease once
Old 18th August 2009, 07:56 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

A lot of these German horror movies didn't even get an uncut release in their native country due to the restrictive German "youth protection" laws: You couldn't find any uncensored versions of the likes of the Ittenbach or Bethmann movies on "amazon.de"- except for Buttgereit's "Nekromantik" films, which escaped the censors' clutches, as they are now considered "art"

Many German underground flicks get their distribution nowadays via Austria and can be ordered at shops like this one:

http://shop.dtm.at/index.php?languag...9e238f4560ca8f

In the case of "Barricade" and a few other titles, there isn't even an R2 option to be found
Old 18th August 2009, 11:26 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I found dtm to be very slow at processing orders when I last purchased. They never seem to have anything in stock either!

Most of my stuff I either got from Xploited Cinema (in the good ol' days ) or off eBay.

dtm do have some very nice titles though... It's just a shame about the exchange rate and the lack of speed at which they dispatch them.

I used to use tele-movie-shop.de a lot too, but their shipping costs increased so much, that sometimes the delivery was more than the cost of the DVD! I don't use them any more.
Old 18th August 2009, 05:29 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
Space Wolf is a a fairly early entry into the German splatter arena. Very low budget and cheesey but gorey and fun too... it might be hard to track down now on DVD though.
sounds like i need to see this, but yep you're right can't find it on dvd anywhere. any ideas anyone?
Old 18th August 2009, 06:34 PM
Ex-member

Space Wolf
Price EUR 37,64
http://darkdisc.com/product.asp?product=9213

there ok got my uncut house of blood from there

Like this? Share it using the links below!