Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th October 2009, 08:48 PM
Cultist in Training

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Australia's 'Long Weekend', a little fave of mine. Maybe not so much an animal-attack movie, but more a "don't feck with mother nature" movie.
Old 9th October 2009, 09:54 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

How about the immortal Killer Shrews?
Old 10th October 2009, 12:59 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbler View Post
I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Australia's 'Long Weekend', a little fave of mine. Maybe not so much an animal-attack movie, but more a "don't feck with mother nature" movie.
With LONG WEEKEND people either really like it or find it absolutely boring with no middle ground between the two.Have you seen the remake?
Old 10th October 2009, 06:36 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbler View Post
Fantastic film.The feeling of isolation and dread is unbelievable.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 10th October 2009, 09:21 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
With LONG WEEKEND people either really like it or find it absolutely boring with no middle ground between the two.Have you seen the remake?
No, I've only seen the trailer, which pretty much looks like a shot-for-shot remake of the original. I think Reaper has described the original perfectly though. It gets under your skin. The shadow in the water, the unexplained missing campers etc. Great little movie.
Old 10th October 2009, 09:40 AM
Cult Acolyte

I've heard good things about the Brian Yuzna produced Ticks (aka Infested) but have never bothered checking it out, anyone seen it? Yuzna also made Rottweiler, another one I've never actually seen.
Old 10th October 2009, 02:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

TICKS is a fun movie,if you can find a copy of it definitely check it out.As for ROTTWEILERYou may want to check out another movie called MANS BEST FRIEND instead.
Old 11th October 2009, 09:46 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
Grizzly IS pretty graphic.
I seem to recall a scene where a young boy has both his legs torn off by the titluar beast and i've gotta get around to watching the R1 2-disc set sooner rather than later!

Typically superb sleeve illustration too by veteran comic book artist Neal Adams and the last time i saw Grizzly was on an awful Canadian fullscreen fiasco released at the dawn of the DVD era.
Old 11th October 2009, 09:50 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
Frank Drebin attempting to wrestle a bear though.
Definitely one of the best moments in DOTA!

Leslie Nielsen going potty and topless and going head to head with Grizzly!

Gentle Ben it most certainly 'aint!
Old 11th October 2009, 09:58 AM
Cult Acolyte

Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
We also had Bug and the excellent Kingdom Of The Spiders.

TV provided us with a few naturistic nasties too. Terror Out Of The Sky, angry ants in Panic At Lakewood Manor and spiders in Tarantulas: The Deadly Cargo.
Bug and KOTS are well worth watching.

I've got the Freemantle U.S. DVDs of TOOTS, PALM and T:TDC and look forward to seeing them again.
I recall a part in Panic where a young boy is covered from head to toe in ants and has to jump in a nearby swimming pool to get 'em off!

Does anybody know if The Savage Bees is available on DVD as i'm missing this title?
And what about John Saxon stingfest The Bees last shown on The Horror Channel a year or two ago.

Like this? Share it using the links below!