Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th October 2009, 10:49 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Hungry For Some Zombie Goodness!!!

Hey hey!

What with Dawn Of The Dead Blu-Ray out now (and what an EXCELLENT package it is too! I need to get meself a blu-ray player now ) its never been so clear (HD!) that zombies have clearly over-taken the world! They are everywhere! Not just in films (which are coming hard and fast) but literature, t-shirts, nic-nacks, sweets, cds, and literally billions (!) of wacky things on the interent.

So, I thought it's time to celebrate this zombie outbreak with this thread! A place to post anything to do with zombies in. Best zombie stuff, new zombie stuff, obscure zombie stuff...everything!

Over the past few years I've become more and more and more of a fan so much so now, that there isn't a single day that goes past when I don't end up having a big ol' conversation about zombies. Honestly! In fact, I really want to write my dissertation next year on zombies and modern society!

So, anyone read any zombie books lately?

Played any zombie games?

Watched any zombie films?

Ripped the brain out of a zombie with your barehands?

I'll start with this link I've just stumbled on.... ZOMBIE PORTRAITS! It seems not too much money and is great funhttp://www.zombieportraits.com/process.html

Oh, also check out the new book coming out... It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Zombies and Other Zombie Christmas Carols
Old 17th October 2009, 11:20 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

yeah that guy is great me and the rest of the people who work at the shop i work in are all going to get one to put up on the wall soon!
Old 17th October 2009, 11:21 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I have a figure of a Hare Krishna Zombie from Dawn of the Dead if that counts?!

Great thread idea though iluv. Zombies are terribly overlooked in today's modern society, I mean they don't even have the right to vote...
Old 17th October 2009, 11:35 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Ooooh have you bought something from him before BS? Or is it going to be your first time mate? They do look EXCELLENT!

That is very very very nice BE. I think I'll need to get me one of those monks. Or maybe a flyboy one? Mmm.

Cheers BE. Hopefully we can get some good zombie chit-chatting going on about all the obscure zombie things out there as well as the more mainstream stuff.

I've recently been reading Monster Island: A Zombie Novel and it's bloody brilliant! It messes around with the zombie conventions quite a bit (in fact a HELL OF A LOT) but it's interesting and I highly recomment it! Also I got my ______ Hates Zombies book today too (don't say the 1st word - it'll ruin the comp ) and I can't put it down - I've read it all like 3 times already (I really should be essaying! :S)

Oh and for those who are clever with maths and all that malarkee, check this out...

http://www.mathstat.uottawa.ca/~rsmith/Zombies.pdf

What would happen, MATHEMATICALLY SPEAKING, if the world was overrun with zombies. Interesting stuff there.
Old 17th October 2009, 11:48 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Mmm. Maybe starting this thread wasn't such a good idea. I know I'm gonna end up buying everything mentioned on it! And ironically becoming a consumerist zombie myself! (that may be the cleverst thing I've said on this forum )

Yeah, I just bought The Last Christmas graphic novel. Never heard of it until 5 minutes ago but an alcoholic, foul mouthed, ultra-violent zombie killing santa and his elves and a evil mutant snowman CAN NOT be bad! Right?
Old 18th October 2009, 09:08 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

i love asain zombie films like these ones

and ive found these books you might like too!

Splat likes this.
Old 18th October 2009, 09:44 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Oooh Asian zombies! Yeah, I've seen a few of those mate but a lot of those DVDs seem to be quite expensive. Meh. I really want to see Wild Zero and Battlefield Baseball as they look incredible. Have you seen Versus? Now that's an excellent film.

As for the books, I was going to buy P&P&Z but bought Monster Island instead. And after having to sit through the Keira Knightly one I don't know if I ever want to read that book War of the Worlds with Blood, Guts and Zombies looks more like my cuppa tea though. And you cannot be without those Zombie Survival Guides - they're essential buying for everyone! (the government should give em out!)

There's also a new book out called The Undead World Of Oz which is basically the Wizard Of Oz, but with ZOMBIES!!!!! Yeaaahah!
Old 18th October 2009, 09:48 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

shit yeah how could i forget versus battlefeild baseball wasnt as good as i hoped but it was still worth watching
Old 21st October 2009, 08:33 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Currently doing the rounds at the cinema is probably the most perfect horror comedy...ever. Im talkin about zombieland. Absolutely superb!

I bought the recent dvd release of the aussie zom com,land of the living...not very good im afraid.

Still have forest of the dead,sexy killer and a few other zombie flicks in the to watch pile.

There is a helluva lot of low budget dross though..zombie chronicles,im talkin about you!!!
Old 21st October 2009, 10:28 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

ZOMBIELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, that has to be one of the best films I've seen in a VERY VERY long time! It was just amazing! And the whole cameo half way through the film just stole it (don't spoil it though) Fingers crossed they make a sequel that is just as good.

Like this? Share it using the links below!