Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   The Female Vampire: the myriad and brain churning versions thereof... (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/1755-female-vampire-myriad-brain-churning-versions-thereof.html)

Gojirosan 21st October 2009 08:24 AM

The Female Vampire: the myriad and brain churning versions thereof...

I used to have a timecoded, pre-release, review copy of this from Redemption from back in my film reviewing days, now long lost. I have recently had an inkling to see this again. But I can't really make head or tail of the current and recent releases of it!

Who has what version and what do you recommend? There's a Spanish DVD on eBay but I have no idea what cut it is, there's the UK version - still BBFC mutilated I believe, there was that German release with all the shoddy and grainy hardcore inserts...no idea what has been releeased in the US...ARGH!

Help! I wish I'd just held onto that old VHS! :laugh:

Pete 21st October 2009 11:17 AM

I have the alternate XXX version and the h/c adds nothing to the film. I also have the Redmption VCD.

Try here for a comparison of the different versions:
http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=4262

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st October 2009 07:49 PM

I have the Arrow version,and it's fine.Still plenty of beardy triangles without resorting to the hardcore inserts.....:biggrin:

Gojirosan 22nd October 2009 12:06 PM

Cheers guys.

That DVDCompare website is splendid! Ta Loops!

Pete 22nd October 2009 12:14 PM

No problem:cool:.

I reckon it would pass uncut now.

vincenzo 22nd October 2009 12:20 PM

Zone Horror showed it uncut. Last submitted 7 years ago and unlikely to be cut today.

g053584398 8th August 2010 09:18 PM

Looks like a bump to me...

Has anyone got either the Dutch or the Spanish DVDs of Female Vampire and, if so, can you confirm the relevant aspect ratios and which cuts (softcore, horror or hardcore) are present on them?

Marc Morris 8th August 2010 10:29 PM

FEMALE VAMPIRE

All the following versions (including the American one) run at 25 fps.

1- FEMALE VAMPIRE
Redemption (Benelux)
97 mins 19 secs
2.35:1
In English

The definitive version, though the letterboxing is a little too tight top and bottom.

2- FEMALE VAMPIRE
Redemption (UK)
91 mins 53 secs

Identical to the above, but with extensive BBFC cuts, eliminating the shots of Ramon Ardid's penis in Lina Romay's mouth, shots of Romay masturbating over Anna's corpse, the entire second half of the s&m sequence, and Dr Orlof placing his hand between a female corpse's legs.

3- LOVES OF IRINA
Private Screenings (US)
93 mins 47 secs
Pan-and-scan
In English

Identical to the Redemption version, but with three cuts to the s&m scene, deleting the opening section (inexplicably), a zoom back from Lina Romay as Monica Swinn says "take her clothes off", and the final part of the scene, involving the beating and murder of Swinn (the scene now ends as Swinn is knocked to the floor).

4- ENTFESSELTE BEGLERDE
Germany
88 mins 46 secs
1.70:1
In German

Identical to the Redemption version, except that the entire s&m scene is cut (though Monica Swinn and Alice Arno are still prominently credited). The credits are in English, with the exception of the title.

5- LA COMTESSE AUX SEINS NUS
T Video (France)
95 mins 12 secs
1.85:1
In French

Identical to the Redemption tape, but with the following cuts: as in LOVES OF IRINA, the zoom back from Romay in the s&m scene has been cut; the final minute of Romay's fatal lovemaking with Jack Taylor has been cut; after Romay's suicidal bloodbath, a shot of a landscape as a voice cries 'Irina' has been cut; and the final shot of Romay has been shortened (there is also no end title). The opening credits are in French.

6- THE BARE BREASTED COUNTESS
Finland
68 mins 43 secs
1.80:1 (actually a slightly squeezed full-screen transfer masked at 1.80:1!)
In English

A completely different, more tradtional horror film version. This differs
from the Redemption version in the following ways;
- 3 mins 51 secs to 5 mins 50 secs. Romay's attack on her first victim makes use of alternate takes in which she bites the man's neck rather than sucking his penis.
- 14 mins 49 secs to 15 mins 5 secs. The scene in which the servant watches a naked Romay on a bed is replaced with this unique shot of the servant sitting by the bed as a clothed Romay tosses in her sleep.
- The entire Romay/Ardid sex scene has been cut (it now ends as soon as they kiss).
- 29 mins 43 secs to 31 mins 18 secs. The entire Romay/Anna sex scene has been cut and replaced with these alternate takes in which Romay enters Anna's room and bites her neck.
- The entire scene in which Romay masturbates on the bed has been cut.
- As in LOVES OF IRINA and LA COMTESSE AUX SEINS NUS, the zoom back from Romay in the s&m scene has been cut, as have the shots of Arno whipping Swinn.
- 45 mins 51 secs to 46 mins 26 secs. The end of the s&m scene has been cut and replaced with these alternate takes in which Romay bites Swinn's neck.
- 53 mins 15 secs to 53 mins 39 secs. The shot of Orlof feeling between a female corpse's legs has been cut and replaced with this alternate take in which Orlof feels the woman's throat. Curiously, Orlof has a line of dialogue in this section, and he delivers it in French! Could this print have been composited from several sources?
- The start of Romay's lovemaking with Jack taylor has been cut.
- 58 mins 31 secs to 59 mins 36 secs. The orgasmic death of Jack Taylor has been cut and replaced with these alternate takes in which Romay bites him on the neck.

7- EROTIKILLER
Antoniana Home Video (Italy)
67 mins 10 secs
1.80:1 (with a slight squeeze)
In Italian

Identical to the above, but with several more cuts: nude shots of Romay as Ardid enters her room; the whipping of Romay; and parts of Romay's bloodbath. Even some of the sections that are unique to the above print have been slightly shortened here (the comment Orlof makes in French in the previous version has simply been cut out). However, a few things snipped
from the Finnish tape are included here, notably parts (not all) of the
whipping of Monica Swinn and the start of Taylor and Romay's lovemaking. The title is in English, the credits in French, and the dialogue in Italian!

There is apparently an alternate French version entitled LES AVALEUSES which contains additional hardcore imagery shot several years after the original production. According to VIDEO WATCHDOG 1 and OBSESSION, this version is also available in Germany (also entitled ENTFESSELTE BEGLERDE.

Mojo 14th August 2010 06:51 PM

I think a complete edition of this ( in the style of Shameless re-builds ) would make a great Arrow release.

I also reckon Rick's artwork would be perfect for Franco titles.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th August 2010 07:12 PM

Lina Romay's always welcome in any shape or form in my collection! :happy::tongue1: