Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   TIGON Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/2143-tigon-films.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd January 2010 01:47 AM

TIGON Films

6 Attachment(s)
Tigon produced some cracking British films throughout the years,what's your favourites?
Mine would include;

WITCHFINDER GENERAL
DOOMWATCH
THE BEAST IN THE CELLAR
THE CREEPING FLESH
BLOOD ON SATANS CLAW

DeadAlive 3rd January 2010 10:19 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Witchfinder General, Blood On Satan's Claw and The Beast In The Cellar are amongst my favs, but also worth a mention are
The Sorcerers
Curse Of The Crimson Alter
Haunted House Of Horror (AKA Horror House)
Tigon didn't last for long, but they made a few quality British Horror films.

vincenzo 3rd January 2010 12:40 PM

Norman Wisdom's What's Good For The Goose. The sight of Rupert Pitkin bopping to the Pretty Things is a terrifying image. :eek: :eek: :lol:

Seriously Witchfinder General, Blood On Satan's Claw, Haunted House Of Horror and Neither The Sea Nor The Sand would be my favourites. Also have a soft spot for The Sorcerers and The Creeping Flesh.

The worst Tigon films for me would be Zeta One and The Body Stealers. The Blood Beast Terror works (unintentionally) well as a comedy.

Daemonia 3rd January 2010 12:52 PM

Witchfinder General would be my out and out favourite and is, for my money, one of the best British movies ever made. Price is striking as Matthew Hopkins and Ian Ogilvy is surprisingly good as the man seeking vengeance. The whole piece is also aided by a terrific score by Paul Ferris. The US release (under the title Conqueror Worm, in a misgided attempt by AIP to tie it in with their Corman/Poe series) replaced the music score entirely. I've not seen that version, so I can't comment on how it works. They did the same with Bava's Baron Blood, replacing Stelvio Cipriani's score with something by Les Baxter. Thankfully, all US DVDs have used the original music score.

DeadAlive 3rd January 2010 12:52 PM

Hey, completely forgot Neither the Sea Nor the Sand was from Tigon. I remember having the book of that once.

vincenzo 3rd January 2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 55916)
Witchfinder General would be my out and out favourite and is, for my money, one of the best British movies ever made.

Fully agree. Never again was Price was so completely evil on the screen. Outstanding location work too.

The US Conqueror Worm is appalling. Especially the absolutely pointless Price/Poe poem. Completely destroys the atmosphere of the opening hanging sequence.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th January 2010 01:55 PM

Yeah Neither the sea Nor the Sand is another film I quite enjoy.:nod:

Philleh 4th January 2010 02:34 PM

Blood on Satan's Claw would be mine - one of my Childhood faves!

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 4th January 2010 02:43 PM

Blood On Satan's Claw is indeed an incredibly film Philleh! Hairy women with huge eyebrows are scary enough, let alone when they're part of Satan's schemes!

Thanks again for this mate :)

Philleh 4th January 2010 02:45 PM

Anytime matey! If you want to see anymore let me know! :)

They made some quality movies!