Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th September 2010, 03:47 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

At the moment my dvds (and BD's) are in transition from one place to another. When they get shelved again I need to try and come up with a ordering system that I like. So far I find in quite hard to get them how I want. A-Z seems good but then what's the point of having a collection (like Arrow or Shameless) and not keeping them together.
Old 1st February 2011, 07:02 PM
Cultist
Good Trader

I have all my horror DVDs together - used to put them all in alphabetical order but I didn't find it very practical and so now they are grouped by either sub-genre, region or director.
Old 2nd February 2011, 09:23 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Mine are sorted in the following way: Blu-rays and then DVDs which are subdivided into different categories (film, TV, comedy, music etc) with all the Shameless ones together. When it comes to box sets, it depends on which films are inside as to whether I keep them together or list them separately so the Jack Black Collection (School of Rock and Orange County) has the individual films under those titles but then something like The Blind Dead Collection has the films in order.

It might sound confusing but it makes sense to me, and that's what counts!
Old 6th March 2011, 08:50 PM
Cultist

I organize mine depending on how much I watch/like a particular movie. So for example, all my movies that I watch/like the most are on top shelf, and the ones that I don't like or watch as much are on lower shelves.
Old 8th March 2011, 01:08 PM
Cultist

Nowadays, I organise my DVDs by distributor, therefore allowing me to eventually have the whole of the Shameless logo visible - once I've got round to getting all of them. The more obscure distributors for who I have only a few DVDs from are put in a random pile. It looks good with all the Arrow, Shameless, Tartan, Optimum etc. DVDS all grouped together. My blurays are still in alphabetical order as I've not got nearly as many of them.
Old 8th March 2011, 03:03 PM
Cult Rookie

I had them all over the place, then I decided to go by the country and the country of origin of the director.
Old 8th March 2011, 03:21 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Just by genre - comedy, western, war etc.
Horrors are the same - gothic, giallo, Euro horror, with the rest split into pre 1990 and post 1990. Shameless and Arrow discs are all over the place lol.
Old 8th March 2011, 03:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Default anal pedant alert!!!

dvds are arranged in sections
A-Z (includes mainstream, tv, comedy)
music A-Z
"foreign" ie euro/asian/etc A-Z
boxsets A-Z

i have a burgeoning "overspill" which includes titles im currently rewatching, new stuff, borrowed stuff... A - hem.
Old 9th March 2011, 05:37 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Mine are done by box set, then tv series, then films that are trilogies etc, All my Arrow Shameless Tartan and Vipco etc together, Then after that subtitles in 1 pile, Directors, owt and nowt like music, live shows, comedians, etc. then everything else if Alphabetically
Old 7th April 2011, 11:18 PM
Cult Rookie

Default the chaos of my dvd collection

i own over 3000 dvds in regular cases not skinnies thus can't have all my titles showing due to space taken up with other stuff like airguns and such so .. i have 4 dvd sections ...tv on 2 independent shelves,4 lines of horror 2 back 2 in front crap at the back collections in front ie saw shameless and redemption etc,then 4 lines as before of all non horror films crap at the back section in front for sleave packaging and sets like cine asia,then finaly my blueray free-for-all shelf ie from alien egg set /kickass to get him to the greek and any other bluerays i get
some of my none horror is in actor groups like vinnie/seth rougan etc
some horror in like serial killers,vamps and monsters if not part of sets like shameless or brain damage whatever

it works for me

Like this? Share it using the links below!