Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th January 2010, 01:52 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
The look on their faces must be priceless
Indeed they are, but usually too polite to mention it....
Old 31st January 2010, 10:16 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
I used to do it by label
That's exactly how i store my DVDs and the ltd. ed. gift/box sets i keep seperate. My steelbooks are all together too.

Imo there's a certain 'symmetry' or 'order' in displaying your DVDs according to what label they're on.
My collection looks so much neater and tidier when the likes of all my ABUS, ABUK, HKL, BU, SS and AWE (among many other DVD distributors) titles are placed together. The spines all match up and i feel more comfortable keeping my collection this way.

When i first started buying DVDs back in '98 i initially tried displaying them all assorted and disorderly and i hated it.
Old 31st January 2010, 11:49 AM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

I have real trouble deciding how to organise my dvds. I have been reading this thread and have put some in distributer order now (anchor bay, arrow, shamless, hkl). But the perfect system, one that desnt leave anything unsorted (I can't bear to break up some of my director collection so a-z is out of the question) still elludes me.

Some one needs to ivent a dewey decimal system for dvds.
Old 1st February 2010, 04:40 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Im kinda ODCish with mine, I keep my VIPCO, Shamless and ARROW collections together, I then store the rest of my dvds by genre,/sub genre, ie Zombie, Cannibal, Slasher etc.
I also collect certain Directors and store titles that way, ie Lenzi, Fulci , Deodatto etc.

I store my box sets seperately by genre/sub genre in order of preference .

My BluRays I also store seperately by genre/sub genre .

Any VHS titles I usually store by genre, ie Zombie, Slasher etc.

This system usually means I have to buy some titles maybe 3 times, (different versions) but its the only system that I can live with.
I check the whole collection once every week to make sure they're still in order. I think its something that started when I took ill.

Last edited by vipco; 1st February 2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 1st February 2010, 06:04 PM
Cultist

Wow, that's pretty thorough Vips.

My collection aint that huge and I'm really lazy so it's usually in barely any order at all if i'm honest.
Old 1st February 2010, 07:08 PM
Cultist in Training

I really need to do this, but first I need more shelving/bookcases and space for 'em! At the moment, the only order I have is Shameless and Arrow together, all the rest I can never find!
Old 1st February 2010, 10:20 PM
Active Cultist

Alphabetical. Allowing sequels with non-matching initial letters to be grouped, eg. the Vengeance trilogy. I mix blu-rays and dvds, so I don't develop too big of a prejudice against SD!

Sorting by genre's too complex and time-consuming (I might throw all the horrors together for fun). Not sorting at all's not really an option.
Old 1st February 2010, 10:34 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

all mine are sorted by genre, i found it easier to do than by company. i hused to have them by color, that was rediculous.
Old 2nd February 2010, 08:30 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
i hused to have them by color, that was rediculous.
Wow! That must have been a sight for sore eyes!
Old 3rd February 2010, 11:03 AM
Cultist in Training
Good Trader

My Redemption VHS' are stashed in a cupboard at my parents house.

My DVD-R's are all kept in plastic wallets and shoved in a shoe box in my room in no order (which makes it a pain finding a particular title but I can't be arsed to arrange it any other way). I have a bunch of box sets and comedy series in the front room, along with a couple of shelves of other DVD's (MGM/Warner/Anchor Bay/Criterion/BFI etc), and the rest/bulk of my collection (Severin/Blue Underground/Media Blasters and so on) are boxed up and stacked on top of each other in the corner of another room.

Like this? Share it using the links below!