Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   Just how do YOU organize yours? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/2185-just-how-do-you-organize-yours.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 10th January 2010 07:42 PM

Just how do YOU organize yours?

So we all luvdvds on this forum! We're mad for them. In fact, I'm sure most off you would sell a sibling just to get that ultra special DVD (I know I would!) but just how do you organize it?

- Alphabetically?
- By year released?
- By date bought?
- Color?
- Label?
- Great Vs. Crap?
- Certificate?

Mine are all alphabetical at the mo - but I'm thinking of having a huge change around. But there's always so many exceptions! Where do boxsets go if ordered by year? If alphabetical where do numbers go? Color? Don't even get me started! :laugh:

So, just how are your DVDs organised?

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th January 2010 08:07 PM

Mine are organised in a disorganized way.For example all my Steven Seagal films are together,likewise other action fims and actors,all my Shameless/Arrow films are together and the rest are all over the place.Probably the reason I can never find anything half the time.

Kyle 10th January 2010 08:10 PM

at the moment i have all mine alphabetically apart from a few exceptions....

all new buys are together, i watch them then add them to the rest
tartan asia extreme collection is all together in no order yet :eek:
shameless collection all together
toetag pictures all together
steelbooks are together
limited edition/special boxes are together

DeadAlive 10th January 2010 08:19 PM

Strangely enough, I've organised all of my Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan and Sammo Hung collections by year of original film's release, and my other Asian films into genre: Shaw Brothers, Kung Fu, comedy, horror, gunplay etc, but the rest of my DVDs are pretty random. I just remember where everything is. I should have more organisation with them but I just can't be bothered. Maybe it comes down to the Asian films are mine only as the Mrs has no interest.

AshtonLamont 10th January 2010 08:23 PM

mine (as well as ceedees, vinyl and comics) are listed autobiographically.

Ash

BioZombie 10th January 2010 09:06 PM

My favourite directors all have their own section then after that it's by genre horror then Zombie then Kung Fu then action then scifi then comedy

and of corse mixing film and tv is an unthinkable crime

pedromonkey 10th January 2010 09:31 PM

book case No.1

mine starts with sci-fi movies down to bond then i have trilogys and sagas but star wars is mixed into sci-fi then war movies and loose hitchcock title. mainly the warner ones.

book case No.2

starts with Horror movies down, shameless and arrow are seperate, stephen king movies. Hong Kong/Asian cinema then action.

Book case No.3

continuing Action, then onto crime, then westerns and ending with stand up, Mel Brooks and Peter sellers movies.

above book case No.1 are boxsets.
above book case N0.2 are tins and south park seasons 1 - 12
above book case No.3 are Comedy. snap cases and Spider-man delux trilogy.

That's how i put my dvds. im quite anal with alphabetising them, they are strict alpha....Ab, Ac, Ad, ect...

Stephen@Cult Labs 11th January 2010 03:50 PM

Think I'm going to have a little bit of an organize,probably put them all into genre,label,series,and believe it or not,spine colour for the ones that aren't part of a series of films.

vincenzo 11th January 2010 03:52 PM

Alphabetical order. Ditto for videos, vinyl, CDs, books etc.

pedromonkey 11th January 2010 04:17 PM

my cds are stacked on top of each other in no order whatsoever.