Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   The films of NORMAN J WARREN (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/2272-films-norman-j-warren.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th January 2010 09:21 PM

The films of NORMAN J WARREN

8 Attachment(s)
Along with Pete Walker in the 1970's Norman J Warren was one of the UK's leading low budget filmakers.
Films like the violent Satan's Slave baited British censors,Terror,showed that Warren had seen Argento's Suspiria,while Prey demonstrated what could be achieved with a few actors and practically no budget and Inseminoid jumped on the Alien bandwagon.

Feel free to discuss all aspects of Warren's career here.

vincenzo 27th January 2010 09:26 PM

Satan's Slave and Terror are easily his best for me. I haven't been impressed with any of his other work.

spooks 27th January 2010 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 59864)
Satan's Slave and Terror are easily his best for me. I haven't been impressed with any of his other work.

I feel exactly the same. Satan's Slave IMO is his best film.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th January 2010 09:36 PM

Satan's Slave is a classic,but I prefer Prey to Terror.In saying that,I should really revisit Terror and revaluate it.I haven't watched it since it was released by ABUK.Seeing as it was the last Warren film I watched,(Having watched the rest back-to-back),perhaps I was a little Warren-weary!:biggrin:

vincenzo 27th January 2010 09:39 PM

Despite being a big fan of Saint Judy Of The Geeson I wasn't too impressed with Inseminoid. Bloody New Year was just bloody awful. :ack:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th January 2010 09:41 PM

Bloody New Year is another I need to rewatch,but from what I remember it was pretty bad.

Prey is a classic example of how to make a low budget film imho.

vincenzo 27th January 2010 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 59873)
Bloody New Year is another I need to rewatch,but from what I remember it was pretty bad.

Despite its title it's sort of a cross between The Shining and The Evil Dead. Only badly acted and with lousy makeup effects.

Hard to believe it's by the same man who made Satan's Slave.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th January 2010 11:05 PM

A fairground,an old hotel and some bad makeup,that be right?:ohwell:

vincenzo 27th January 2010 11:41 PM

That be the one. :nod:

mr 420 30th March 2010 12:45 PM

I love satans slave, but I still have yet to see the full uncut version of it. Im referring to the notorious "scissors murder" of the blonde, which to my knowledge was only ever present in the old intervision pre-cert (here in the uk). I bought the box set a few years back on the strength of this scene being included in the extras, but alas, the bbfc still thought that it was too strong for our eyes.

Has anybody here seen it? Ive been told that it totally stands out from the rest of the film and it looks like something more akin to a Fulci scene rather than a Warren one.