i paid about £130 for this

and paid about £150 for these

i wouldnt even think about wasting money like that again
Old 2nd June 2012, 04:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Probably £65 for the Alien Quadrilogy DVD set, which now retails for about £5

Yep! I paid £75 for my Region 1 release of the Alien Quad (this was when the UK were getting pretty much NOTHING that was coming out in the U.S., so I figured it would take ages to come out...lo and behold Next xmas, the Alien Quad was everywhere!) Lol! I upgraded to Blu Ray with more extras for just £17. Still prefer the R1 artwork on the DVD's though.

The amount of R1 discs I bought for £20 each when they were "new releases" and now you can't give them away for £3 in HMV....now I wait for stuff to get reduced unless I truly love a new release (ie: Warrior) and KNOW I'm going to watch it again & again.
Old 5th September 2012, 10:45 AM
Active Cultist

For me it has to be between the Stargate boxset as pictured above or this item below which cost me about the same price around £100 mark.

My Diary & Purchase Collection page: http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/memb...tml#post318577
Old 5th September 2012, 12:18 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post

Yep! I paid £75 for my Region 1 release of the Alien Quad (this was when the UK were getting pretty much NOTHING that was coming out in the U.S., so I figured it would take ages to come out...lo and behold Next xmas, the Alien Quad was everywhere!) Lol! I upgraded to Blu Ray with more extras for just £17. Still prefer the R1 artwork on the DVD's though.

The amount of R1 discs I bought for £20 each when they were "new releases" and now you can't give them away for £3 in HMV....now I wait for stuff to get reduced unless I truly love a new release (ie: Warrior) and KNOW I'm going to watch it again & again.
I bought the new R1 ALIEN QUADRILIOGY (on Amazon.com I think) some time ago for about £16
I like this over the UK release because of more extras
Now I have the UK blu ray of the ALIEN films and now they have the same extras as the R1 dvds
Old 9th September 2012, 04:44 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tris thompson View Post
Mario Bava - All the Colours of the Dark Book - Tim Lucas - £60 (i think its expensive for a book)
And that's a good price, considering its current price, I'd gladly pay that for it.
Was that the pre-order price?
Old 9th September 2012, 11:37 PM
Cultist

Most of my "expensive" stuff was bought cheap to begin with and then began to appreciate in price over the years. The only exceptions to this are my masks, which are the most costly things I collect,

Here's my personal favorite. It's a Cemetery Gates Productions "Warlock," which I picked up used for $175 and then spent another $175 to have it repainted and rehaired.

This is a NAG JA75 Deluxe. It set me back $225.

And my most recent acquisition, a SSN George P. Wilbur Signature Series H6,
Old 18th March 2015, 01:03 PM
Cult Master

Anyone else willing to admit they have spent crazy money for a film or some memorabilia. The most expensive thing I bought recently was the two Synapse Demons Steelbooks not really out there price wiae but with postage cost me close to €100.

I know my girlfriend spent €120 on two code red blu rays for me so she's crazier than me
Old 18th March 2015, 01:05 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Anyone else willing to admit they have spent crazy money for a film or some memorabilia. The most expensive thing I bought recently was the two Synapse Demons Steelbooks not really out there price wiae but with postage cost me close to €100.
There are a few VHS and BETA videos that I own that I don't mind admitting to spending three figures on. It beats having a crack habit, though.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 18th March 2015, 01:13 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
There are a few VHS and BETA videos that I own that I don't mind admitting to spending three figures on. It beats having a crack habit, though.
Now you said it I always say it's an investment for the future not sure how tho.
Old 18th March 2015, 01:30 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Now you said it I always say it's an investment for the future not sure how tho.
TBH, Nordi, I see it purely in nostalgic terms. They take me back to my childhood, spending many a happy hour digesting all the movies in the video shop.

Last edited by mr 420; 18th March 2015 at 04:05 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!