Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   The (NOT SO) GREAT OUTDOORS THREAD (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/2824-not-so-great-outdoors-thread.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 6th May 2010 09:10 PM

The (NOT SO) GREAT OUTDOORS THREAD

10 Attachment(s)
Ah,the great outdoors.Fresh air,camping,hill trekking,caving,canoeing.Can't beat it eh?

But for every one I've mentioned above,there's a horror film to equal it and discourage you for life!

City folks should know better than to trek out into the sticks,shouldn't they?

This thread is not for one genre,but for any film that turns the great outdoors into the get out-doors and run!

Favourite city-dwellers out of their depths movies include....

THE HILLS HAVE EYES
DELIVERANCE
RITUALS
NIGHT OF THE DEMON
RAZORBACK
WOLF CREEK
THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE
DOG SOLDIERS
THE DESCENT
JUST BEFORE DAWN
THE WICKER MAN

Discuss,argue,agree.
You think DON'T GO IN THE WOODS and FOREST OF FEAR are classics?
Tell us!

vincenzo 6th May 2010 09:54 PM

You missed out Carry On Camping!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

"Matron! Take them away!" :laugh:

re.form 16th May 2010 11:18 PM

Anyone like "Wilderness"? Chavs under attack. It's alot better than 'Severance' in terms of Brit Horror, imo.

Does 'Tourist Trap' count? There's a lake in it, at least!

Always had a soft for Just Before Dawn. Nice film. Razorback is one of my fave Oz films. The atmosphere and how they pulled of the big pig scares is awesome.

Vampix 17th May 2010 12:31 PM

I love Texas Chainsaw Massacre & Deliverance.I also really like The Burning, I Spit on your Grave, Last House on the Left, Friday the 13th, Southern Comfort, First Blood & Cliffhanger. :)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th May 2010 12:01 AM

Good choices.Razorback is a classic.:cool:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th April 2011 08:09 PM

With the release of Rituals,I think it's time to bring this thread to the surface again.:nod:

It'd be good if someone in the UK would give JUST BEFORE DAWN a top notch release as well.Preferrably Blu Ray.

InDogWeTrust 26th May 2011 11:22 AM

DON'T FORGET THE EVIL DEAD!

So... is it just me or is the 2006 remake of The Wicker Man with Nicolas Cage the most boring thing in the history of Horror remakes?

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th May 2011 12:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What a great poster for Deliverance you posted Reaper.

Reminds me of Jaws (with a shotgun) :lol:

Nice to see you managed to plug the Wicker Man in this thread. :)
I know much is set outdoors, but its not really the same as the other films mentioned.

platostotal 26th May 2011 03:01 PM

Don't forget 'Frogs' Ray Milland and others get done in by local creepy crawlers. It is set in swamp if I recall.

TJ Doc 26th May 2011 04:36 PM

Snowbeast is another fun killer Sasquatch flick. And surprisingly good for a TV movie made in the 70s.

As for other genres, Stallone's Cliffhanger (Die Hard in the mountains) is awesome.