Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th August 2010, 04:51 PM
Cult Rookie

Does somebody know if In2film's release of Nightwatch is anamorphic?
Old 24th August 2010, 10:15 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

I've not long found out via Amazon.com that ABUS/Starz Entertainment have issued Cold Prey on DVD with even more extras than G2's paltry British release. Therefore, i'll be having this superior American edition a.s.a.p.
Old 6th September 2010, 09:53 PM
Seasoned Cultist

De dødes tjern (Lake of the Dead) is a pretty good one -- if you dig older, b&w, widescreen flicks. Somewhat spooky, with a comic relief character of course.

De dødes tjern (1958)

I have a few others that I haven't gotten around to yet, but Valkoinen Peura (The White Reindeer) is a notable one that many folks have posted positively about online. Also from the 50s, basically a vampire-reindeer movie. Yup.

Valkoinen peura (1952)

Old 1st October 2010, 12:04 PM
Cult Rookie

I can't see anyone mention the following Swedish horror-films:

Thriller: en grym film / Thriller: A cruel picture (1974) - Well, perhaps not a horror movie, but a very violent exploitation flick. The uncut version contains HC inserts, bloody shootouts and a gouged out eye. Available on US DVD from Synapse.

Strandvaskaren / Drowning Ghost (2004) - Swedish slasher / thriller set on a boarding school. Kind of a Swedish 'Scream'. Not very bloody, but quite entertaining. I think the Swedish DVD has English subtiles, but it might be OOP.

Besökarna / Visitors (1988) - Haunted house film, a la Amityville or Poltergeist. Swedish DVD has no english subtitles, but there might be a German DVD with English dub.

Camp Slaughter (2005)- Swedish slasher that unfortunately is quite boring. A group of kids goes hiking in the woods and are hunted by some maniac. Available on Swedish DVD with english audio.

Blödaren / The Bleeder (1983) - Another bad friday the 13th rip-off. A rock-band gets trapped in the woods when their tour bus breaks down. A maniac tries to kill them one by one. Available on Swedish DVD, unfortunately it is not English-friendly.
Old 3rd October 2010, 10:03 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rome2033 View Post
Camp Slaughter (2005)- Swedish slasher that unfortunately is quite boring. A group of kids goes hiking in the woods and are hunted by some maniac.
This title isn't also known as Slaughter Night issued on U.S. DVD by Tartan a while back, is it? Or have i got the wrong film?

Just curious to know seeing as i own a copy of the above release!
Old 3rd October 2010, 09:26 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
This title isn't also known as Slaughter Night issued on U.S. DVD by Tartan a while back, is it? Or have i got the wrong film?

Just curious to know seeing as i own a copy of the above release!
No, I think that is the the dutch film SL8N8 (which I unfortunately haven't seen)
Old 4th October 2010, 07:55 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
No, I think that is the the dutch film SL8N8 (which I unfortunately haven't seen)
You haven't missed much...
Although it's probably the best of the recent Dutch/Belgian co-productions.
Old 5th October 2010, 07:30 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
You haven't missed much...
Although it's probably the best of the recent Dutch/Belgian co-productions.
It can't be worse than Camp Slaughter. Thanks for the warning. I might pick it up if I find a cheap copy of it, though.
Old 5th October 2010, 07:50 AM
Cult Rookie

A new Norwegian film about trolls:

twitchfilm . net/news/2010/09/full-trailer-for-andre-ovredals-troll-hunter.php

(remove the spaces between "twitchfilm" and "." and "net..." when copy/pasting the link, I not yet allowed to post links)

I don't know if it's the film really exists since I can't find it on Imdb, but nevertheless, the trailer is quite funny :-)
Old 5th October 2010, 11:46 AM
Ex-member

Quote:
A new Norwegian film about trolls:

twitchfilm . net/news/2010/09/full-trailer-for-andre-ovredals-troll-hunter.php

(remove the spaces between "twitchfilm" and "." and "net..." when copy/pasting the link, I not yet allowed to post links)

I don't know if it's the film really exists since I can't find it on Imdb, but nevertheless, the trailer is quite funny :-)
That link doesn't work but here's another link to a discussion about the same film

The Troll Hunter - A Norwegian mockumentary with big trolls. - Facepunch

Like this? Share it using the links below!