Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th June 2010, 05:58 PM
Ex-member

Post The Turkish Horror Thread

The Turkish Horror Thread

I would like to see some Turkish horror films but am not sure where to start, so can anyone help me out?

Here is what I will buy soon

Thirsty for Love, Sex and Murder (1972) (This film has the same plot as Sergio Martino's The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh, but with different ending, so ecentially this is a Turkish remake)

You can buy the above film from here

http://www.onarfilms.com/index.php?m...turkish+horror
Old 5th June 2010, 07:46 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

So they're back online...just ordered 2 more dvd's...
I got Woman Despiser,curious about that one.
And Golden Boy (I like 60's spy movies and I love the fact that there's a newly discovered Kilink trailer on it!)

I really like Thirsty for sex...fun (obviously "Martino inspired") giallo with lots of (very good) borrowed music,only the ending is typically Turkish with some action thrown in.

Does anybody remember where the dance at the party can be found on youtube,can't seem to find it anymore...
Old 5th June 2010, 08:01 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I love Drakula Istanbul'da aka Dracula In Istanbul (1953)
I really can not understand why nobody has released this as it's a very good gothic Dracula movie.

Old 9th June 2010, 10:09 PM
Cultist in Training
Good Trader

Have you got the Mondo Macabro Tukish Pop Double Bill of The Deathless Devil + Tarkan Vs. The Vikings? Both are fun films and it's a great disc. Not really horror but 'Tarkan' in particular has horror themes.

Some other Turkish films I have are (again not neccessarily horror, but atleast have elements of horror):

3 Supermen and Mad Girl
A rubber faced devil man and his female cohort lord it over a group of green robed Klansmen. Presumably they want to take over the world or something, and have a robot to help them in their quest that is even cheaper looking than tghe one in 'The Deathless Devil' - needless to say, it makes the film worth watching alone! The 3 supermen get to flip flop about for the films 60m running time in tight garments, biffing their enemies. Great fun.

The Black Bull
This one is about 'Vlad the Impaler', whose army of marauding madmen spread terror across the land. A horse riding hero puts a stop to Vlad's plans by hammering a huge steak into his heart and cutting off his head. It's pretty gory and eventful. Not to mention cheesy as hell.

Seytan
The Turkish re-make of 'The Exorcist'. Naturally it isn't as good, and the subtitles take the piss out of the film on the DVD-R I have/had?

Tarkan and the Gold Medallion
A horror themed fantasy adventure which opens with gory sacrifices that bring about the resurrection of a female bloodsucker. Later scenes include a live dove having its head pulled off and the body fed to a snake, and a fantastic troupe of acrobats leaping and flipping to the rescue of a baby, which they proceed to throw around like a hot potato. There are also the usual ineptly staged fisty cuffs and sword play, with plenty of gore.
Old 17th September 2010, 01:02 PM
Cult Rookie

Later today I'll be watching Death Warrior w/ Cüneyt Arkın.
Old 14th January 2011, 07:31 PM
Cult Addict

I can't believe that no one has mentioned the 1975 classic Lionman yet.
Old 14th January 2011, 11:49 PM
Cultist

Do these films get official DVD releases in Turkey, perhaps with English subtitles? I think there's probably a lot of interesting movies from the 1970s yet to be seen,

I want to see an uncut, English-subtitled official DVD version of The Last House in Istanbul, which is a Last House on the Left-type rip-off.
Old 15th January 2011, 12:26 PM
Cult Addict

Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurosleaze View Post
Do these films get official DVD releases in Turkey, perhaps with English subtitles? I think there's probably a lot of interesting movies from the 1970s yet to be seen,

I want to see an uncut, English-subtitled official DVD version of The Last House in Istanbul, which is a Last House on the Left-type rip-off.
The Onar Films link in the first post is the best place to search for Turkish horror. You could say he's Turkeys answer to Marc Morris.
Old 16th January 2011, 10:39 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
The Onar Films link in the first post is the best place to search for Turkish horror. You could say he's Turkeys answer to Marc Morris.
I've e-mailed him about it to ask him but it's not on his website. A bloody shame as it looks reet good from t'trailer.

Like this? Share it using the links below!