Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree86Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th July 2010, 10:14 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
HOLY MOLY! Look what I just found! A Bionic Bigfoot action toy on Ebay. And it's going for the bargain price of only...£989.85 with a £25 P&P

Nice one!

Wasn't there either an apeman or Bigfoot of some kind featured in an episode of late '70s (i think!) sci-fi TV series Salvage One?

So you're into the paranormal, eh? Nice to have another believer in the subject here.
Old 11th July 2010, 12:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

In the 70s the world was BIGFOOT Crazy!
Old 11th July 2010, 01:13 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

It appears so, Gigantor. If only I had a time-machine!

Salvage One eh? Oooh, I'll have to look into that. Cheers Splatterdragon!

Last night I watched Sasquatch: The Legend Of Bigfoot - it's another faux-documentary Yeti film along the same lines as Legend Of Bigfoot but a lot better. The Bigfoot in this film is presented as a real danger and there are several scenes which are VERY similar to horror, most notably the cabin attack (SPOILER) where one Bigfoot smashes through the window and rips a guy out of his bed! (END OF SPOILER) and the final attempt to capture them. As with Legend Of Bigfoot this film also has lots and lots of nature stock fotage that really is there just to flesh out the running time. These scenes often are quite brutal really -you get bear fights, a wolf attacking a badger etc.

A very good film and a possible influence on The Blair Witch Project. Recommended.
Old 12th July 2010, 08:00 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
In the 70s the world was BIGFOOT Crazy!
Yes, I do believe they were, but that was one part of my childhood I had seem to have blocked out until I saw this thread

Blimey! the Sasquatch in the Six Million Dollar Man. How could I forget that?
Old 12th July 2010, 11:43 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Well your childhood memories may be triggered again, Wayfarer since Boggy Creek is being remade and due for release this year! Maybe a whole new Bigfoot boom will happen? Mmm.

Anyone know any more Bigfoots in Tv shows - I found some Scooby Doo episodes and this Coward The Dog one too. Anyone used to watch this? It's so stupid

Last night I watched yet another sasquatch film - Snowbeast! and thought it was great! I had seen it probably last year some time but forgot most of it . Anyways I really enjoyed this film even if at times it did drag. Lots of interesting things to say about it (which I wont bore you with here), If your looking for a non-cheesy a non-gory (since it was made for TV) Bigfoot horror film then check this out!

A rubbish poster though...

Old 12th July 2010, 01:48 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Just found that The Goodies did a Bigfoot episode! I need to see this!

Old 13th July 2010, 03:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
triggered Wayfarer since Boggy Creek is being remade and due for release this year! Maybe a whole new Bigfoot boom will happen? Mmm.

Anyone know any more Bigfoots in Tv shows - I found some Scooby Doo episodes and this Coward The Dog one too. Anyone used to watch this? It's so stupid
Oh yeah theres tons of Cartoons and such with a Bigfoot episode alot of action/adventure type cartoons made in the 70s/80s had a Bigfoot episode .I rember seeing Bigfoot on Capt. Caveman and even shows like SHIRT TALES had one .Like I said before the world was BIGFOOT Crazy in the 70s.The amount of movies,TV movies,documentaries and specials are immense.

There is already somewhat of a Big foot film boom.Everytime time I turn around theres another Bigfoot movie being made.
Old 13th July 2010, 03:50 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds;91359
Speaking of Harry, does anyone remember the [B
Harry And The Hendersons[/B] TV show? I can only find clips on YouTube and it doesn't seem to have been released on dvd.

Yeah i totally rember that show it had a semi decent run 3 seasons.Lots of shows not on DVD but then theres alot more coming out everyday now so who knows.They released SMALL WONDER on DVD
Old 13th July 2010, 04:02 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Oooh Captain Caveman and Shirt Tales, I'll have to give those a look see. Thanks G!

Here's hoping they do release it on DVD soon. I've seen an episode of youtube and it was pretty funny.
Old 13th July 2010, 04:34 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

i think Harry and the Hendersons and it's spin off show are the only bigfoot things ive ever seen unless you class the Wampa in Empire strikes back as big foot.

Like this? Share it using the links below!