Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree86Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th June 2010, 10:58 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Woooo! That's a mega list! If only.... We can but dream. :'(

Last night I managed to catch the last half hour or so of that Snow Demon film on the Horror Channel (+1!). I haven't laughed so hard at a film for ages. It was great! The yeti costume looked terrible (probably one of the biggest problems with 'yetisploitation' (coined by Kyle, 2010 ) and it seemed to be able to jump like a giant hairy pogo stick! Check it out if you can - it's hillariously bad!

Btw - I've been thinking. As with zombies, isn't the yeti a difficult thing to categorise in films? I mean what about Star Wars or Fulci's Conquest - they've got similar Bigfoot characters. I guess. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you a brand new term for these films... Semi-sasquatch films; Semisasquatchsploitation.

ALSO....

Has anyone ever seen Bigfoot (1970) starring John Carradine? It looks incredible (despite it's IMDb rating) - but I can't see a DVD release anywhere!

Last edited by iluvdvds@Cult Labs; 28th June 2010 at 03:58 PM.
Old 29th June 2010, 10:07 AM
Cultist in Training
Good Trader

Quote:
Has anyone ever seen Bigfoot (1970) starring John Carradine? It looks incredible (despite it's IMDb rating) - but I can't see a DVD release anywhere!
A company called Retro-flicks released this as a DVD-R a while back, along with other titles such as 'Octaman' and 'Curse of Bigfoot'. You used to be able to buy them from Amazon.

'Bigfoot' was a bit of a bore I thought. Watchable but not worth going out of your way to check out.
Old 29th June 2010, 12:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yeah BIGFOOT is sloooooowwwww.....
Even more so than some of the other Bigfoot films.
Sometimes theres a reason why some movies dont get a DVD release
Old 29th June 2010, 12:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

The best are :-
Abominable
Snowbeast
Legend Of Boggy Creek
The Six Million Dollar Man 'Bigfoot' episodes

Worst
Yet-Curse Of Demon Mountain.The creature mk-up is diabolical & so's the CGI.

Lance Henriksen's made three 'Bigfoot' movies,Sasquatch Mountain,The Untold(aka Sasquatch) & Abominable.Not seen The Untold but Abominable is better than Sasquatch Mountain by a long way.
Old 29th June 2010, 09:09 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

All pretenders to the throne.....and you all know what I'm on about......

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 2nd July 2010, 11:54 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Has anyone ever seen these adverts for Beef Jerky before? Never ever play practical jokes on the Bigfoot! These are awesome!

Old 2nd July 2010, 02:45 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

I think it's high time we had the late, lamented Paul Naschy's The Werewolf And The Yeti showing it's furry face on DVD.
Old 2nd July 2010, 03:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Are we just adding to Reaps suffering by having a Bigfoot thread?
Old 6th July 2010, 02:56 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Looks like it, G!

Some of you may know that I posted a link on the Zombie thread about the 'genre' of music called Zombiecore.

Now, I present to you... Sasquatch Music - with the Band Of Bigfoot!

They're a new band with "four original members [which] include "The Abominable Frontman" on Lead Vocals and Guitar, "Bass-Quatch" on lead bass, "Shreddy the Yeti" on Lead Guitar, and non-other than (the ladies favorite)."Sas-Crotch" on Drums!" and what's more they dress up as Bigfoot as they perform!

AWESOME!

They have a MySpace page to if you're interested - http://www.myspace.com/bandofbigfoot

Also, last night I watched Bigfoot: An Unforgettable Encounter and what a load of crap it was too. It's one of those kiddy-friendly Bigfoot films (although there is a rather horror-like scene) and it's just SO STUPID! Each unbelievably stupid scene follows another equally stupid scene. I was amazed at just how quickly everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) believed that the creature existed - they literally ALL believe it in just a couple lines of dialogue. Another stupid moment is when a couple of parents let their two kids wonder off into the forest by themselves without any fears whatsoever. Even when it's probably about 9-10 at night and their children haven't come out of the forest they only start to worry when they hear there's a Bigfoot out there. Mmm. Yeah.

Oh and Bigfoot fights a bear to save a kid.

Rubbish - but funny rubbish. Just look at the poster and you'll see just how stupid it is.

Also watched Capture Of Bigfoot the other day too and actually really enjoyed it. The story is pretty simple really, a couple of Yeti are seen in the snow and soon the whole town is out to capture the beast (very similar to the above film really). The Yeti costumes are pretty cool and the film is very entertaining complete with a villian with a psychotic laugh. Worth checking out. Even though it does try to get a bit sentimental there is a rather cool car chase at the end, just to man it up a bit. Roar.

Old 6th July 2010, 05:08 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

well i now have about 20+ bigfoot films so i best get watching some

its all done now kyle i sent you a pm of facebook

Like this? Share it using the links below!