Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: worst zom?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
worst zom?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th June 2008, 09:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I prefer the '90 remake of Night, I think Tom Savini really nailed that one, just a shame he hasn't directed more.

Yeah anything with a shaky camera seems to fall prey to a lot of fanboys , like you reaps I shall watch it and make my own mind up. With Romero films I often find that on the first couple of viewings they lack the expected impact because of how multi-layered they are. After a few views though I find everything comes together. An example of Land Of The Dead, at the cinema I was bored but upon revisiting it on DVD I found it was way better than I initially gave it credit for.
Old 19th June 2008, 09:31 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Shaky cameras don't bother me Cloud,I loved Blair Witch,but didn't like Cloverfield...it just depends on the subject matter...have you seen Diary?
Old 20th June 2008, 10:35 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I haven't seen Diary yet no.
Old 20th June 2008, 11:21 AM
Ex-member

i hate to say it but diary is awful (maybe i hate it cause i spent ?25 on a import),the main charrs are so unlikeable your pleased when they die also its like going to church its so preachyThe ending lines are worse than cannibal holocaust it makes "i wonder who the real cannibals are" sound like Shakespeare
Old 20th June 2008, 02:18 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Send a message via MSN to siccoyote

25 pounds on one dvd!!!

That is crazy talk!
Old 18th July 2008, 05:13 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Gotta be Flight of the Living Dead, that is one shit film. I agree though it's still not as bad as Zombie 90: Extreme Pestilance, that's definatley one of the most shockingly bad films ever made.

Personally I Quite like Dead Next Door, was surprised to see that on there Reaper.

Another bad one is Meat Market, that one where two security guards team up with a mexican wrestler and wierd lesbian vampires with laser guns after zombies take over the world.
Old 18th July 2008, 05:44 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween_22 View Post
Gotta be Flight of the Living Dead, that is one shit film. I agree though it's still not as bad as Zombie 90: Extreme Pestilance, that's definatley one of the most shockingly bad films ever made.

Personally I Quite like Dead Next Door, was surprised to see that on there Reaper.

Another bad one is Meat Market, that one where two security guards team up with a mexican wrestler and wierd lesbian vampires with laser guns after zombies take over the world.
The spanish zombie flick,plaga zombie: mutant zone is pretty awful too.Thought that was the one you were on about,as it also has two guys teaming up with a wrestler to combat the zoms.Choking hazard is pretty lame also,had the potential to be a cool zombie movie,but ended up a borefest instead!

Edit: i like all the films mentioned in this poll,but if i had to pick one it would be dotd: contagium.I still kinda like it though,as i've seen much worse.

Anyone seen return of the living dead:rave to the grave?
Watched rotld :necropolis a wee while back and enjoyed that.
Any thoughts on rotld: rave to the grave?

Last edited by TALL DUDE; 18th July 2008 at 05:46 PM.
Old 19th July 2008, 03:21 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I've not seen ROTLD: Rave to the Grave yet, Is it any good? seen the other 4 and I wasn't too keen on Necropolis, I think with 3 and 4 it's just a case of I love the first two so much that the next two just didnt measure up, they're still fairly decent films though, if they had been released under different titles as stand alone zombie films rather than as ROTLD sequels I'd probably like them more.

Raiders of the Living Dead is also terrible, it's got it's own (extremley bad and cheesey) theme song, appalling movie

Also didn't like Shatter Dead, interesting idea but poor film and extremley boring.
Old 19th July 2008, 05:37 PM
Ex-member

Definately Flight of the living dead It so terrible It hard to explain It cheap zombie effects It like snakes on the plane and replace them with zombs I actually turned It off before the film finished It that bad.
Old 23rd July 2008, 05:58 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Well I bought ZOMBIES on Monday,hopefully won't be going on this list!

Like this? Share it using the links below!