Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   Worst Zombie Flick? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/331-worst-zombie-flick.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th May 2008 07:37 PM

Worst Zombie Flick?

Now what's the worst,and why?

siccoyote 4th May 2008 08:09 PM

Zombie Lake because I'm not 12 and therefore don't think it's the best film ever simply for having loads of gorgeous ladies getting undressing and frolicking around in the sun showing of they voluptuous figures with their supple breasts bouncing while covered in water so the sunlight dances off them. With shots from underneath showing their smooth legs waving about as they swim over the camera showing off their ripe bottoms and...

err, it's too slow and there's no character development and not enough zombie action.

Angel 4th May 2008 08:41 PM

The worst Zombie film I've ever seen is Gore-Met Zombie Chef from Hell, so bad it's unbearable. But on the list above I have to go with Zombie Lake. Just plain stupid that's all.

vincenzo 4th May 2008 09:22 PM

Zombie Lake was just plain abysmal. Not even entertaining in the 'So bad it's funny' category. http://shameless-films.com/forums/im...ilies/ack2.gif

Mojo 4th May 2008 09:53 PM

Of the ones I've seen, I'd say Oasis Of The Zombies.

Because it's shite :D

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 5th May 2008 10:40 PM

I reckon Zombie Lake's far better than Oasis......:o

vincenzo 5th May 2008 11:04 PM

One should be buried in sand and the other tossed into a lake. http://shameless-films.com/forums/im...ilies/ack2.gif

vipco 5th May 2008 11:52 PM

You are all abit hash on what I would deem to be 2 Euro classics. I really love oasis of the Zombies and Zombie Lake and have both and watch them regularly.
I dont like the art for Oasis and its only a 15 cert. but its still good.

I voted on Flight of Living Dead which I saw as Plane Dead.
The reason I picked it is obvious, its a stupid idea that couldn't happen in real life. Zombies dont go on planes and if they turned into zombies on the plane they would just walk up and down the asile.

vincenzo 6th May 2008 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 4972)
its a stupid idea that couldn't happen in real life. Zombies dont go on planes and if they turned into zombies on the plane they would just walk up and down the asile.

Happens every day on British Airways. http://shameless-films.com/forums/im...es/biggrin.gif

vipco 6th May 2008 02:37 PM

Come to think of it, didn't zombies arrive by plane in Lenzi's Nightmare City .?

Wonder if they flew the plane or if the pilots were safely sealed in the cabin and just landed it to get rid of the blighters.?

Philleh 6th May 2008 03:55 PM

They did indeed arrive by plane... carrying sickles and stuff! lol How did they get them onboard?!?!

I went with Zombie Lake, watched it twice now and it hurts more each time!! My friend who was (un)lucky enough to watch it with me was hoping for a terrible movie - I showed him!!

Too bad he was wanting a terrible movie a la Burial Ground or Ratman! lol

vincenzo 6th May 2008 04:10 PM

Nightmare City is absolutely diabolical but I love every second of it. The Raisin Men Take Rome. http://shameless-films.com/forums/im...ilies/rofl.gif

One of the alternate titles was City Of The Walking Dead. They didn't seem to do much walking in the film though. http://shameless-films.com/forums/im...es/biggrin.gif

Philleh 6th May 2008 04:16 PM

I'm a huge fan of Nightmare City also! lol

The theme park finale is great... more zombies flicks should have taken place in a theme park.

Theme Park of the Dead... YES!

mark meakin 6th May 2008 04:31 PM

Out of those Zombie Lake for sure but Zombies 90 Extreme Pestilence is even worse.

mark meakin 6th May 2008 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 4988)
Nightmare City is absolutely diabolical but I love every second of it. The Raisin Men Take Rome. http://shameless-films.com/forums/im...ilies/rofl.gif

One of the alternate titles was City Of The Walking Dead. They didn't seem to do much walking in the film though. http://shameless-films.com/forums/im...es/biggrin.gif

I love Nightmare City especially when the women performing aerobics are attacked.Great fun.

vipco 6th May 2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark meakin (Post 4992)
Out of those Zombie Lake for sure but Zombies 90 Extreme Pestilence is even worse.

Is that the German film from the guys that done Violent Shit or something like that.?

Your right, its aweful. The effects were terrible and it looked like it was filmed with the family Cam corder .

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 6th May 2008 05:47 PM

Bought a Blue underground Nightmare City,haven't seen it since the abuk release,looking forward to watching it's madness again...:ack:

EidolonFilms 7th May 2008 08:45 AM

its' not on the list, but my vote goes to CHILDREN OF THE LIVING DEAD. Words dont exist to describe how awful this film is.

gax 7th May 2008 04:33 PM

Day of the dead 2-all copys should be destroyed a close 2nd is toxic zombies(forest of fear) then Dellamorte Dellamore

siccoyote 7th May 2008 06:03 PM

I'd tried to forget Children of the Living Dead!

I had the bad distinction of being one of the first people to see the film and the first to review it on the imdb.(but my review was removed a week after being put on for some reason, twice)

I managed to get hold of a Timecoded Rental VHS a few months before it was released, it's awful, awful awful.

See how the director responds to this criticism
Email from the Director

mark meakin 9th May 2008 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 4996)
Is that the German film from the guys that done Violent Shit or something like that.?

Your right, its aweful. The effects were terrible and it looked like it was filmed with the family Cam corder .

That's the one alright Vipco,it's totally abysmal.I have to disagree with the inclusion of Dellamorte Dellamore as I quite liked that one.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th May 2008 08:34 PM

That's why Dellamorte wasn't listed mate,I agree,it's something different for a zom film.....but,hey,everyone to their own.....:)

horrormad 14th June 2008 09:58 PM

Flight of the living dead was so bad I turned If off before It finished to much cgi effects.

ecc 19th June 2008 11:08 AM

If, by ZOMBIE CHILD, you mean the seventies flick THE CHILD then I have to disagree with you on putting it in the "worst zombie flick" poll. That's a great little film. The acting is poor, the photography is grainy, but it has a nice atmosphere to it.

cloud 19th June 2008 02:27 PM

Dead Next Door for me, what a borefest.

The Child is alright I suppose, a bit slow.

Zombie Lake is a classic along with Oasis Of The Zombies and Night Of The Zombies.

I haven't seen any of the other 3.

Waynesurfer 19th June 2008 03:15 PM

I thought Day of the dead was total crap!,a real disapointment after the superb dawn of the dead!.:mad:

siccoyote 19th June 2008 04:38 PM

Children of the Living Dead should be on there.

NossB 19th June 2008 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siccoyote (Post 8599)
Children of the Living Dead should be on there.

I agree...

cloud 19th June 2008 08:20 PM

Day Of The Dead was the best of the then trilogy imo. I don't think time has been kind to Night, and Dawn though a very good film is a bit too drawn out for my liking. Day sort of took the best parts of both and merged it into one memorable piece.

Children Of The Living Dead is indeed piss poor.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th June 2008 08:51 PM

I love the original trilogy...but Night's stark b&w classic still does it for me....there's something creepy about b&w.....
DIARY has taken a severe bashing!...Will definetly buy it and decide for myself.....:)

cloud 19th June 2008 09:26 PM

I prefer the '90 remake of Night, I think Tom Savini really nailed that one, just a shame he hasn't directed more.

Yeah anything with a shaky camera seems to fall prey to a lot of fanboys :(, like you reaps I shall watch it and make my own mind up. With Romero films I often find that on the first couple of viewings they lack the expected impact because of how multi-layered they are. After a few views though I find everything comes together. An example of Land Of The Dead, at the cinema I was bored but upon revisiting it on DVD I found it was way better than I initially gave it credit for.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th June 2008 09:31 PM

Shaky cameras don't bother me Cloud,I loved Blair Witch,but didn't like Cloverfield...it just depends on the subject matter...have you seen Diary?

cloud 20th June 2008 10:35 AM

I haven't seen Diary yet no.

gax 20th June 2008 11:21 AM

i hate to say it but diary is awful (maybe i hate it cause i spent ?25 on a import),the main charrs are so unlikeable your pleased when they die also its like going to church its so preachyThe ending lines are worse than cannibal holocaust it makes "i wonder who the real cannibals are" sound like Shakespeare

siccoyote 20th June 2008 02:18 PM

25 pounds on one dvd!!!

That is crazy talk! :ack:

Halloween_22 18th July 2008 05:13 PM

Gotta be Flight of the Living Dead, that is one shit film. I agree though it's still not as bad as Zombie 90: Extreme Pestilance, that's definatley one of the most shockingly bad films ever made.

Personally I Quite like Dead Next Door, was surprised to see that on there Reaper.

Another bad one is Meat Market, that one where two security guards team up with a mexican wrestler and wierd lesbian vampires with laser guns after zombies take over the world.

TALL DUDE 18th July 2008 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halloween_22 (Post 10209)
Gotta be Flight of the Living Dead, that is one shit film. I agree though it's still not as bad as Zombie 90: Extreme Pestilance, that's definatley one of the most shockingly bad films ever made.

Personally I Quite like Dead Next Door, was surprised to see that on there Reaper.

Another bad one is Meat Market, that one where two security guards team up with a mexican wrestler and wierd lesbian vampires with laser guns after zombies take over the world.

The spanish zombie flick,plaga zombie: mutant zone is pretty awful too.Thought that was the one you were on about,as it also has two guys teaming up with a wrestler to combat the zoms.Choking hazard is pretty lame also,had the potential to be a cool zombie movie,but ended up a borefest instead!:(

Edit: i like all the films mentioned in this poll,but if i had to pick one it would be dotd: contagium.I still kinda like it though,as i've seen much worse.

Anyone seen return of the living dead:rave to the grave?
Watched rotld :necropolis a wee while back and enjoyed that.
Any thoughts on rotld: rave to the grave?

Halloween_22 19th July 2008 03:21 PM

I've not seen ROTLD: Rave to the Grave yet, Is it any good? seen the other 4 and I wasn't too keen on Necropolis, I think with 3 and 4 it's just a case of I love the first two so much that the next two just didnt measure up, they're still fairly decent films though, if they had been released under different titles as stand alone zombie films rather than as ROTLD sequels I'd probably like them more.

Raiders of the Living Dead is also terrible, it's got it's own (extremley bad and cheesey) theme song, appalling movie :ack:

Also didn't like Shatter Dead, interesting idea but poor film and extremley boring.

horrorman 19th July 2008 05:37 PM

Definately Flight of the living dead It so terrible It hard to explain It cheap zombie effects It like snakes on the plane and replace them with zombs I actually turned It off before the film finished It that bad.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd July 2008 05:58 PM

Well I bought ZOMBIES on Monday,hopefully won't be going on this list!