Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Poll: Which kind of giallo do you like best?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Which kind of giallo do you like best?

Like Tree822Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 8th October 2010, 08:56 AM
bdc's Avatar
bdc bdc is offline
Cult Addict
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Belgium
Default

Anyone can offer some info on Gatta alla pari (1994)?
It seems to be an erotic thriller/giallo?

Btw updated my dvdaf list a bit...I still have to add some to the database though.

http://www.dvdaf.com/search.html?gen..._bdc*mode_more

Last edited by bdc; 8th October 2010 at 09:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 8th October 2010, 09:29 AM
bdc's Avatar
bdc bdc is offline
Cult Addict
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Belgium
Default

Top giallo,Krimi and related blog (that has died it seems) in French.
If you're not fluent in French,there's lots and lots of pics as well.
Le blog de djordj


Last edited by bdc; 8th October 2010 at 11:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 8th October 2010, 02:22 PM
bdc's Avatar
bdc bdc is offline
Cult Addict
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Belgium
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
The new German Blood and Black Lace disc (with hidden English audio) is available to order at OMG:
Blood and Black Lace - Hardbox Series OMG Entertainment
A bit more expensive than DTM but their shipping is cheaper and they're a lot faster.
Elektrocity also has it but the shipping is more expensive I noticed.
Now in stock...only 3 left.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 10th October 2010, 05:14 PM
bdc's Avatar
bdc bdc is offline
Cult Addict
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Belgium
Default

Watched the BU bd of Bird with the Crystal Plumage today.
It looked nice but somehow I got the impression the sharpness could be improved upon...
Could also be my tv,I'm thinking about getting a new plasma.
Also reds are VERY red in this one imo.
Some ok extras but I think Arrow could do a lot better in that department!
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 11th October 2010, 06:47 PM
bdc's Avatar
bdc bdc is offline
Cult Addict
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Belgium
Default

Watched Too Beautiful to Die last weekend.
Decent 80's giallo effort by Dario Piana who manages to inject some style into this one.
Of course the 80's was a period of further decline for giallo...

Did think the ending was rather weak though as opposed to Nothing Underneath.
This unrelated prequel to Too Beautiful to Die started off slow but had a really fun ending imo.

So to conclude:
Nothing Underneath aka Sotto il vestito niente (1985)
Slow starter but builds up to a rather good ending in true giallo style.

Too Beautiful to Die aka Sotto il vestito niente 2 (1988)
Starts off as stylish fun (in true giallo style) but builds up to a bit of a disappointing (or so-so) ending.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 15th October 2010, 07:18 PM
bizarre_eye@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Black Lodge
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Watched the BU bd of Bird with the Crystal Plumage today.
It looked nice but somehow I got the impression the sharpness could be improved upon...
Could also be my tv,I'm thinking about getting a new plasma.
Also reds are VERY red in this one imo.
Some ok extras but I think Arrow could do a lot better in that department!
Thanks for the info b.

I've been holding off from buying this in anticipation of Arrow's (hopefully superior) release.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 15th October 2010, 07:21 PM
bizarre_eye@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Black Lodge
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Watched Too Beautiful to Die last weekend.
Decent 80's giallo effort by Dario Piana who manages to inject some style into this one.
Of course the 80's was a period of further decline for giallo...

Did think the ending was rather weak though as opposed to Nothing Underneath.
This unrelated prequel to Too Beautiful to Die started off slow but had a really fun ending imo.

So to conclude:
Nothing Underneath aka Sotto il vestito niente (1985)
Slow starter but builds up to a rather good ending in true giallo style.

Too Beautiful to Die aka Sotto il vestito niente 2 (1988)
Starts off as stylish fun (in true giallo style) but builds up to a bit of a disappointing (or so-so) ending.
Is there a DVD release of Too Beautiful to Die, b?

I have the very good AWE release of Nothing Underneath, which is a very enjoyable giallo, and certainly one of my favourites from the 1980s (not like that is saying a lot though! )
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 15th October 2010, 07:41 PM
Argentofan's Avatar
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pontypridd, Wales
Default

Will be buying a few Giallo soon. I've seen quite a few, mainly Argento one's though obviously. Branching out!

Will be getting Black Belly Of A Tarantula cause I've heard it's a better example. but would like suggestions?
Have got most of the Shameless Giallo's, watched most too.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 15th October 2010, 07:51 PM
bdc's Avatar
bdc bdc is offline
Cult Addict
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Belgium
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
Is there a DVD release of Too Beautiful to Die, b?

I have the very good AWE release of Nothing Underneath, which is a very enjoyable giallo, and certainly one of my favourites from the 1980s (not like that is saying a lot though! )
I watched the Japanese vhs,also have the Dutch one (somewhere...).
There's an Italian dvd (not English friendly).

Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 15th October 2010, 07:53 PM
bdc's Avatar
bdc bdc is offline
Cult Addict
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Belgium
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentofan View Post
Will be buying a few Giallo soon. I've seen quite a few, mainly Argento one's though obviously. Branching out!

Will be getting Black Belly Of A Tarantula cause I've heard it's a better example. but would like suggestions?
Have got most of the Shameless Giallo's, watched most too.
Which kind do you like?
There's lots of different gialli.

Classical giallo (Blood and Black Lace,The Bird with the Chrystal Plumage,Who Saw Her Die?...)
Poliziotto giallo (Black Belly of the Tarantula,Death Occurred last Night,So Sweet,So Dead...)
Suspense giallo (The Sweet Body of Deborah,Orgasmo,Perversion Story...)
Giallo-fantastico (Suspiria,Inferno,Malocchio...)
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.