Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Which kind of giallo do you like best?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Which kind of giallo do you like best?

Like Tree1336Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th February 2011, 10:35 PM
Cult Rookie

A few days ago, I watched Your vice is a locked room and only I have the key, which I was disappointed by in the first 40 minutes, but as soon as Edwige Fenech turned up, it seemed to get better. It actually turned out to be one of the better gialli in my opinion, boasting a better storyline than most and I was surprised who the killer was.(or should I say, the person who employed the killer)
The day before that, I had watched The case of the bloody iris, which I thought was quite good. I noticed it was very similiar in style and casting to Sergio Martino's films.
Old 13th February 2011, 11:02 PM
Ex-member

Default The Giallo chat thread

I was disapoointed by YVIALRAOIHTK and prefer Edwige Fenech in CASE OF THE BLOODY IRIS and STRIP NUDE FOR TOUR KILLER
Fenech was in FIVE DOLLS FOR AN AUGUST MOON which wasn't bad but not one of Bava's best giallos
Old 14th February 2011, 09:23 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Ordered The Killer Must Kill Again, Perversion Story and Sister of Urusula. Not seen them before, any good?
Sister of Ursula is worth a look, it's defo not top tier material but you should get a kick out of it if you like your films trashy.
Old 2nd March 2011, 03:17 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Watched Circle Of Fear a couple of nights ago. Aldo Lado's nineties giallo definitely suffers from some quite horrendous acting from the lead as well as having a very lazy 'going through the motions' vibe overall but the story itself isn't half bad so that kept it quite watchable. Thankfully it was nice and cheap.
Old 18th March 2011, 03:20 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Curious about Carlo Vanzina's new one...

Old 18th March 2011, 03:33 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Ordered The Killer Must Kill Again, Perversion Story and Sister of Urusula. Not seen them before, any good?
I hope you have now enjoyed Perversion Story.

mmm Marisa Mell
Old 18th March 2011, 08:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Curious about Carlo Vanzina's new one...

Nothing Underneath 3 ???!!!

That´s great!!!
Old 28th March 2011, 10:50 PM
Cult Rookie

Hi guys, new to this thread, and know this has probably been discussed before time and time again, but just as an ice breaker of sorts I'd like to find out peoples personal favourite gialli. I'm more interested in you personal favourite as opposed to what people think is the best example of the genre, even if they know it may be a dodgy choice. I'm going to stick my neck out and say Opera. There's something about it that really gets under my skin everytime I watch it, and gets my fear glands working, maybe something to do with the pins forcing her to watch these grotesque killings, I feel myself getting so into it that I daren't even blink. I also find it amusing that dario seems to relish putting a bullet through his ex wifes eye, and that she herself seems so willing to participate. Certainly a bonkers relationship those two had. Feel free to agree, or even completely disagree and tell me how stupid I am to pick this one:-).
Old 28th March 2011, 11:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraggadam View Post
Hi guys, new to this thread, and know this has probably been discussed before time and time again, but just as an ice breaker of sorts I'd like to find out peoples personal favourite gialli.
If I have to pick one favourite, I guess The Red Queen Kills Seven Times as it's got everything I want from a Giallo, beautiful women, a memorable/ sadistic killer and a wonderful score, I'm always in a good mood by the time the end titles roll...

Old 29th March 2011, 08:39 AM
Cult Rookie

Never seen this one, but after looking it up am very tempted to make a purchase on your recommendation. I suspect visiting these forums is going to become a very expensive habit.

Like this? Share it using the links below!