Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Which kind of giallo do you like best?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Which kind of giallo do you like best?

Like Tree1336Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd May 2008, 03:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I think that's the problem with most genre movies, Paul. I certainly struggle to remember a lot of what's gone on films I remember enjoying immensely.

I've got a stack of unwatched gialli waiting to be watched, one day I'll get around to it.
Old 22nd May 2008, 03:17 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
Oh well, horses for courses innit. I did warn you that it was different though, rather than the usual routine I think this is balanced more towards the plot and suspense.

Anyone else like Short Night Of Glass Dolls then? Or am I the only one?
Count me in as a fan. Recently double dipped on this title and bought the German DVD from Koch Media, lovely PAL 16:9 enhanced transfer and really cool digi pack packaging. Also has a nice 23 minute documentary on Mario adorf (sadly no English options on the doc though)

Old 22nd May 2008, 03:48 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
I think that's the problem with most genre movies, Paul. I certainly struggle to remember a lot of what's gone on films I remember enjoying immensely.

I've got a stack of unwatched gialli waiting to be watched, one day I'll get around to it.
I know. I find that when I watch one giallo, spaghetti or poliziotteschi, I tend to get a taste for them all over again, leading to a marathon of a whole bunch over a few days, which is probably another reason why I seem to forget which scene is from what film, if you know what I mean.
Old 22nd May 2008, 05:49 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Oh well, horses for courses innit. I did warn you that it was different though, rather than the usual routine I think this is balanced more towards the plot and suspense.

Anyone else like Short Night Of Glass Dolls then? Or am I the only one?

PS, how much did you make on Torso by the way?
Eighteen quid mate....done you a turn as mrs wardh wasn't my cup o' tea....as TORSO was all you wanted rid of......well why not make a buck,whilst helping you out.....still miss that bloody artwork.....but the SHAMELESS version is more than ample when it comes to pic quality...
Old 22nd May 2008, 05:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I shall be keeping my other Anchor Bay copy of Torso, it was pointless keeping both copies afterall. Isn't there a sound problem on the Shameless release of Torso? If it wasn't for that I'd have bought a copy by now just to see the beginning as it was meant to be seen.

I heard that NoShame USA were working on an SE of that. Then I heard they had finished, so I'm not sure what the craic is there. I just feel for those who sold their German (Dragon) release of Door Into Darkness. I'm glad I decided NOT to cash in on it.
Old 22nd May 2008, 05:58 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Want to trade it? mate.....
Old 22nd May 2008, 06:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Dream on sunshine! Mind you even if NoShame are still alive and get around to releasing it I dunno if I'd sell mine anyway. I like the artwork, packaging, Luigi Cozzi introduction extras and the booklet (even though I can't speak a word of Deutsch! lol). It also brings back happy memories of returning to England for 3 months in the summer of 2006 . Yeah, this one is a keeper regardless.

You don't have this one in your collection then reaps? If not then you're missing out big time, it's a classic series. I found every episode to be enjoyable and it was great to see some early (pre-Deep Red) Argento.

Here's a good review: http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=11381

Last edited by cloud; 22nd May 2008 at 06:08 PM.
Old 22nd May 2008, 06:19 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I was talking about the abus version mate.....
Old 12th July 2008, 08:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I finally got round to watching Strange Vice Of Mrs. Wardh this evening. It's not a bad film but it didn't really do anything that made me say "OH WOW!". It was an entertaining and absorbing entry though and the last 15 minutes were very good. If I had to rank it alongside others in that sub-genre I'd put it somewhere in the middle, maybe slightly higher. I still rate Torso as Sergio Martino's best giallo.
Old 12th July 2008, 10:23 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
I finally got round to watching Strange Vice Of Mrs. Wardh this evening. It's not a bad film but it didn't really do anything that made me say "OH WOW!"
Not even Edwige's masochistic fetish? You're a tough man to please Mr Cloud. I love 'Mrs Wardh'. Not my favourite Sergio Martino/Edwige Fenech collaboration though, ALL THE COLORS OF THE DARK beats this one by a country mile though...

Like this? Share it using the links below!