Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th September 2010, 06:44 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playzocker View Post
I don't like movies that look amateurish and while having some decent ideas, COLIN was just one hell of a boring film for me ...
We can forgive a film looking amateurish, if the story is engaging, with a good script, and great performances. But for me COLIN had none of this. Like I said earlier, I could only sit through half the film. I was bored to point of almost collapse, while watching this I'm afraid. A lot of people said that the film THE ROAD was slow, but that was a quality movie...
Old 11th September 2010, 06:59 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Im looking foward to see what the director will do with a bigger budget.[/QUOTE]

I can agree with that for sure. I'm curious to see what the makers of COLIN can achieve with a bigger budget, in the future too. I'm up the challenge...The way I see it, is that I've already taken one hell of a beating with COLIN, which means I can take pretty much anything thats thrown at me now! I've gone beyond the pain barrier... COLIN 2? Do your worst!!! LOL
Old 11th September 2010, 08:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

£45.

I'm sure no one actually takes that as a true figure.

It may have been a few pence either way.

I can't seriously see a Colin 2 ever surfacing though. He'd expect to be paid a second time around.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 11th September 2010, 09:04 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Aparantly Marc Price the director of Colin has been given a bigger budget to do a WWII horror called Thunderchild.

Marc Price Goes to War with Thunderchild | Horror Movie, DVD, & Book Reviews, News, Interviews at Dread Central
Old 11th September 2010, 10:12 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadAlive View Post
£45.

I'm sure no one actually takes that as a true figure.

It may have been a few pence either way.

I can't seriously see a Colin 2 ever surfacing though. He'd expect to be paid a second time around.
Exactly! I heard somewhere that the films budget was more likely to be closer to £200! This I can believe.
Well, yeah, it's probably for the best that theres no COLIN 2 I suppose...
He's had a good run for his money has Ol' COLIN. Hey, give it ten or fifteen years, and there's the possibility of a "COLIN RESURRECTION"!!
The possibilities are endless in movie-land as you know...
Old 11th September 2010, 10:14 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
Aparantly Marc Price the director of Colin has been given a bigger budget to do a WWII horror called Thunderchild.

Marc Price Goes to War with Thunderchild | Horror Movie, DVD, & Book Reviews, News, Interviews at Dread Central
Hey, thanks for the link, will check it out. Love any sort of new movie news me...
Old 11th September 2010, 10:27 PM
Seasoned Cultist

For those out there that like COLIN: Well, I think a film such as COLIN is alway's destined to have a MARMITE effect on most people out there. You're either going to love it, or you're gonna hate it. Just the way it goes sometimes...
Personally, I was hoping for a lot from this film, heard some good feedback on it.
Was ultimately unmoved by it. Still own the dvd though, and intend to solider on through it eventually...A few stiff drinks should do it...
Old 15th September 2010, 04:08 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Still haven't watched the rest of this film yet. Will do soon, cos I want to milk this thread a little more, and talk about the films second half, and climax etc...
Old 22nd September 2010, 06:25 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I wasn't too impressed with it which was a shame as I was really looking forward to watching it when I heard about it.

Overall I just thought it didn't work - it was often slow and boring and showed why although it might seem like it at the time, making a zombie film from the zombie's point of view doesn't lead to a compelling story. I did like the way the beginning and end of the film matched up and I did admire the low-budget independent aspect of it, but overall I just didn't enjoy it.

I'd be interested to hear how the £45 budget was calculated though. Even though it did look cheap I have a hard time believing that no more than £45 was spent.
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:07 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I wasn't too impressed with it which was a shame as I was really looking forward to watching it when I heard about it.

Overall I just thought it didn't work - it was often slow and boring and showed why although it might seem like it at the time, making a zombie film from the zombie's point of view doesn't lead to a compelling story. I did like the way the beginning and end of the film matched up and I did admire the low-budget independent aspect of it, but overall I just didn't enjoy it.

I'd be interested to hear how the £45 budget was calculated though. Even though it did look cheap I have a hard time believing that no more than £45 was spent.
£45? I think that was just the beer money mate...lol

Like this? Share it using the links below!