Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th September 2010, 02:40 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Default COLIN: The £45 zombie movie.

Just wondering what you all thought of the British low budget zombie flick, COLIN.(Made with a budget of £45)
Personally, I could only sit through forty five minutes of this film, a pile of old ball bags if you ask me...

In one scene, a pair of extremely dim survivors, talk about stealing a pair of trainers off the feet of a zombie they see walking along. (Colin)

Are they too thick to realise, that they can just simply loot the nearest FOOT LOCKER, or sports shop!
You have to see this film to believe it, trust me on this...
Old 11th September 2010, 03:07 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney32 View Post
Just wondering what you all thought of the British low budget zombie flick, COLIN.(Made with a budget of £45)
Personally, I could only sit through forty five minutes of this film, a pile of old ball bags if you ask me...

In one scene, a pair of extremely dim survivors, talk about stealing a pair of trainers off the feet of a zombie they see walking along. (Colin)

Are they too thick to realise, that they can just simply loot the nearest FOOT LOCKER, or sports shop!
You have to see this film to believe it, trust me on this...
The first forty five minutes I mentioned above, felt like two hours. Forgot to mention that earlier.
Old 11th September 2010, 06:11 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Arrow

For low budget film making I thought Colin was pretty good. It wasn't what anyone could call well acted and the story could have been tighter but on the whole I enjoyed it. I'm probably a bit more forgiving because it is a film made by dedication rather than a major studio. I would go as far to say that I enjoyed it a lot more than Romero's Survival Of The Dead.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 11th September 2010, 06:38 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadAlive View Post
For low budget film making I thought Colin was pretty good. It wasn't what anyone could call well acted and the story could have been tighter but on the whole I enjoyed it. I'm probably a bit more forgiving because it is a film made by dedication rather than a major studio. I would go as far to say that I enjoyed it a lot more than Romero's Survival Of The Dead.
Better than SOTD? Interesting. Not so sure about that myself. Each to their own I guess. I think i will try and force myself to watch the remaining forty five minutes of COLIN. Then I will post about it later on sometime. High praise goes to the director of COLIN, for having the balls to actually take this film to Canne.
He must be supremely confident, with big brass balls, no doubt about that!
Maybe he should join forces with the boys over at TROMA....

COLIN VS TOXIE!!! The budget could get doubled to £90 for this...
Old 11th September 2010, 07:05 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney32 View Post
Better than SOTD? Interesting.
I personally preferred it, yes. When you look at the budget and end result, penny for penny, the money on Colin was better spent. But hey, that's just my opinion. As crazy as it is.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 11th September 2010, 07:17 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadAlive View Post
I personally preferred it, yes. When you look at the budget and end result, penny for penny, the money on Colin was better spent. But hey, that's just my opinion. As crazy as it is.
We're practically drowning in extremely low budget zombie movies these days, I don't understand what makes COLIN so special, compared to all the others?
A STINK OF FLESH comes to mind, from the writer of action flick DRIVE.
If the £45 budget had not been mentioned, then I don't think the film would have seen the light of day. Whoever marketed this film, did a good job, thats for sure...
thumbs up from me...
Old 11th September 2010, 12:27 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I don't like movies that look amateurish and while having some decent ideas, COLIN was just one hell of a boring film for me ...
Old 11th September 2010, 05:36 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

I really liked Colin a lot. The scene in the flat with the horde of zombies was fantastic. Not quite sure what as going on in the cellar scene though.

Im looking foward to see what the director will do with a bigger budget.
Old 11th September 2010, 05:41 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I liked it. A lot.
Old 11th September 2010, 06:27 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
I really liked Colin a lot. The scene in the flat with the horde of zombies was fantastic. Not quite sure what as going on in the cellar scene though.

Im looking foward to see what the director will do with a bigger budget.
THE CELLER SCENE: I think that guy was a serial killer maybe, and the zombies in the basement were his victims that had come back to life. Some sort of Fred West type idiot.
Or he stashed the zombies in the basement for some extremely sick, sexual reasons maybe. Something like that anyway. Wouldn't dwell on this for to long really.

Like this? Share it using the links below!