Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th January 2011, 08:20 AM
Cultist in Training

I know the feeling as I tend to get a load of DVDs in once I have watched what I bought but the missus says I don't need anymore DVDs yet she always needs a new Pair of shoes or trainers hummmm weird.
Old 15th January 2011, 09:48 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I'm pretty lucky with my partner, she encourages me to get more DVD's sometimes. She appreciates my passion but I do think it's really to keep me off her back when she spends copious amounts of money on her make-up collection. We're both very obsessive and completist collectors.

As for DVD's to watch, my pile must be in the region of about 200 or so, that includes about 30 Blu-rays and films recorded on Virgin+

There's just not enough time in the day, I try to watch at least 1 a night when I get in from work. Doesn't help when some good stuff comes on TV, wastes my DVD watching time.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 15th January 2011, 10:26 AM
Active Cultist

About 20 stored on DVD-R

10 on DVD

Cut and run, Irreversible, Fantacide and A serbian film among others.
Old 28th January 2011, 07:43 PM
Cultist

I first saw this thread about a week ago and it made me wonder how many movies I had to watch as a result of my recent maniacal purchasing binge.

I reckoned I had about 40 new titles to watch, but obviously I was buying dvds too fast to keep track because by now I have 144 movies and 1 TV season (Fear Itself, don't know what it is and don't care, it was cheap and the case looks great!) on my to-watch list.

On first count I had 80 to watch, that came as a real shock lol! Especially when I realised how much time its going to take to watch them all, and the fact that I know I am going to keep buying more haha!

This is the first time I have a sufficient amount of unwatched movies to amount to a list, sometimes I wonder what has come over me!
Old 28th January 2011, 09:12 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobz View Post
I reckoned I had about 40 new titles to watch, but obviously I was buying dvds too fast to keep track because by now I have 144 movies and 1 TV season (Fear Itself, don't know what it is and don't care, it was cheap and the case looks great!) on my to-watch list.

Fear Itself was a sort of sequel to Mick Garris' Masters of Horror tv show. An anthology of various horror directors doing one-hour horror films. Didn't know Fear Itself was out on dvd, might have to pick it up especially if it's cheap.

Keeping on topic, coincidentally I have a whole season of Masters of Horror that's still unwatched.
Old 28th January 2011, 10:55 PM
Cultist

Hi Paul,

That sounds better than I expected. I thought it was just some short-lived tv series. It is indeed 13 (!) short films in the vein of Masters Of Horror. I think its a bargain at this price: Fear Itself Boxset.

I have seasons 1 and 2 of Masters of Horror to watch aswell. When I get a day to myself I might try to see how many I can watch in a row .

If anyone is interested, I got the special boxsets of Masters of Horror from Amazon.com for 33 odd pound each including delivery(look for marketplace sellers Standing Ovation and deeveedees). The seasons 2 boxset in the skull is really something imo .

I've just finished watching The Church, so my pile is a smidgen smaller now .
Old 29th January 2011, 10:34 AM
Cultist
Good Trader

I currently have around 11 or 12 DVDs I haven't watched yet and 2 I have borrowed that need to be re-watched. I subscribe to Love Film too so at the moment I have one to watch from there, and then I have several lists of films that I intend to stream when I get the time (which should be easier when I have my laptop hooked up to the net next month).
Old 11th August 2013, 04:38 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

So... how many more of you naughty people want to admit to having stacks of unwatched discs littering your homes?
Old 11th August 2013, 08:23 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I have 100s and 100s, just not enough time to watch them. Many of mine are still shrink wrapped. I watch a film Most nights but usually with my wife, so there's a big proportion of films left unwatched because they're not the sort of films that she will sit through. [Sighs]
Old 11th August 2013, 08:24 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
I must be between 400-500 to watch now-collecting is as much as a buzz as watching them!
Ha! That probably sums me up too, Reaps.

Like this? Share it using the links below!