Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   The 'To Watch' Pile (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/3848-watch-pile.html)

Make Them Die Slowly 26th October 2010 09:48 PM

The 'To Watch' Pile

I've just been looking at goodies to buy tomorrow, my pay day, when Mrs Make Them Die Slowly pointed at the "to watch pile" and said "Why not watch them before you waste more money". Setting aside the ensuing arguement about waste of money, I did a quick count up and realised I have 48 DVDs to watch and 4 box sets, including the massive Hammer and Meyer sets.

So, how many films do you have waiting to be watched?

Also, does anyone else on occasion look at their to watch pile and see it more as a chore rather than entertainment?

pedromonkey 26th October 2010 09:58 PM

good thread MTDS, i have at least 200 dvds that have been bought since January that need to be watched, but i keep going back and watching stuff ive seen countless times before. Thats the addiction for you.

Make Them Die Slowly 26th October 2010 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 110012)
good thread MTDS, i have at least 200 dvds that have been bought since January that need to be watched, but i keep going back and watching stuff ive seen countless times before. Thats the addiction for you.

200! Do you care to list them, or which one least takes your fancy.

Argentofan 26th October 2010 10:13 PM

44 and two Bava boxsets.

200 ped!? Good luck, haha.

DeadAlive 26th October 2010 10:56 PM

Not an exact count, but an approx....

60 DVDs
30 taped off Sky/TV (Some dating back to Christmas........2008)
20 or so stored on DVR (Plus TV series.)

Plus I have a rental account with Lovefilm that sees at least 20 rentals a month drop through my letterbox if I watch them within 48 hours of delivery.

And I often look at my to watch pile and think, "I fancy seeing (Insert old fav here) again tonight".

Phats 26th October 2010 11:52 PM

I have 27 blurays and 20 DVDs to watch at the moment - a few boxsets in the DVDs, Twin Peaks, The Sopranos and Mad Men series 1 and the Death Note anime boxset. This time last year it was probably at 250-odd and I've still been buying lots in that time. A lot of the time I end up watching movies I've just bought, e.g. over the weekend I bought Hider in the House, Terror at the Opera, Life During Wartime, Oasis of Fear and The Stepfather and managed to watch them all despite having a load of DVDs that I've bought years ago still unwatched.

broonage 27th October 2010 08:38 AM

This is an on-going battle at the Broonage household.

I try to watch at least 4 a week.

Gigantor 27th October 2010 10:56 AM

Im pretty good at watching stuff and I don't tend to let my to watch pile get to big at times it can get a little overwhelming.However after acouple days of serious views I can through them easily.I know alot of people do buy DVDS and never watch them

Pete 27th October 2010 12:16 PM

My DVD 'to watch' pile:

A - Adventures Collection (3 films), African Queen, Amacord, Android, Angel and the Badman, Antichrist, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

B - Ballad of a Gunfighter, Bangkok Dangerous (original), Basic Instinct 2, Beastmaster, The Big Country, Bizzare Voodoo Rituals, The Black Cobra, Black Cobra 2, Black Cobra 3, Blind Fist of Bruce Li, Blind Beast, Blood and Black Lace, Blood Feast 2, Bloodfist, Blood of the Zombie, Blood Sabbath, Boccaccio 70, Boggy Creek 2, Bone Sickness, Boy Meets Girl, Brain that Wouldn't Die, Britania Hospital, A Bucket of Blood.

C - Caged Fury, Camile 2000, Candle For the Devil, Candy, Castle Freak, Cave of the Living Dead, Cecilia, Charge of the Light Brigade, Cheech and Chong Collection, Cherry 2000, The Chinese Stuntman, C.H.U.D 2, Class of Nukem High, Cold Prey 1 - 2, Company of Wolves, Conan the Destroyer, Convent of Sinners, Creature Feature Collection (3 films), Crypt of Dark Secrets, Crypt of the Living Dead, Curious Dr Humpp, The Curse of Her Flesh, Cyclone.

D - Dagon, The Damned, Dans Ma Peau, The Dark Half, Dawn of the Living Dead, Day of the Dead 2, Days of Hell, Dead and Breakfast, Dead or Alive (Miike), Deathdream, Deathstalker, Deranged, Dirty Love 2, Dragon Tiger Gate, Drunken Master, Dummy, Dune.

E - The Eagle Has Landed, Emanuelle 3, Enter the Ninja, Evil Come Evil Go, Executive Target.

F - Fast Food Nation, Feast of Satan, Fiance of Dracula, Fiend Without a Face, Fightnight, Fitzcaraldo, Flesh Gordon, Frankenhooker, Frankenstein General Hospital, The Funhouse, Funny Games (original).

G - Graveyard of Honour, Graveyard Shift, Gremloids, The Grudge.

H - The Hand of Pleasure, Hanzo the Razor Trilogy, Hardcore (70's brit smut), Hatchet for the Honeymoon, Haunting Fear, Hell Prison (aka Women in Cell Block 7), Hitman (Jet Li), Horrors of Spider Island, How the West Was Won, Humanoid Woman.

I - I Drink Your Blood, The Immortal Bruce Lee, The Intruder (Corman), Iron Monkey

I'll list the rest later (If I can be bothered).

Gigantor 27th October 2010 12:52 PM

Hey Pete,

You have A LOT of good stuff in your pile.What's the hold up buddy?