Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th June 2011, 08:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

OK some don't like it, that's cool I guess.

But it's still one of the best zombie films to grace the genre (And of course features one of the most iconic zombies too.)

You just have to look at other similar Italian projects of the time to fully appreciate what Fulci and co managed to do.
Old 30th June 2011, 09:42 AM
Cult Addict

I would rank it in the top five living dead films ever made.
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 30th June 2011, 10:08 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Loved ZFE ever since I saw it on a vipco VHS in the 90s. I think nostalgia plays a major part in why so many people love these films. I think it has bags of atmosphere and great FX. I'd place it at the top of the zombie genre along with Let Sleeping Corpses Lie and the Blind Dead films. I think Romero's trilogy are important milestones, and they have important political messages, and I wouldn't be without them in my collection... but they just don't seem to entertain me as much as the European zombie films do.
Criterion7 likes this.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 14th October 2011, 10:01 AM
Ex-Member

I saw the film when I was a teenager and loved it then and do now. For me its a punk rock zombie movie. Yes it shambles together in places, the music is all over the place, but it packs a punch. The zombie eating a shark was an amazing scene. The zombies are scary and its influenced everything from resident evil to dead island. This film needs a uncut uk release on BD or dvd for that matter. It's long overdue.
Old 14th October 2011, 10:09 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

For me Zombie 2 is the greatest zombie film of the modern era.

A film which says a big thank you to the best zombie film ever made in I Walked with Zombie. Taking cues from that films Carribbean voodoo origins and bringing it right up to date with the scariest zombies seen on a screen and the greatest gore effects produced to date.
Old 14th October 2011, 10:36 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Always good to hear a dissenting voice when it comes to the Holy Grails... Funnily enough I was gonna start a thread along the lines of The Classics You Hate, but for what it's worth I hated Dellamorte Dellamore.... Hated....
Old 14th October 2011, 10:48 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Always good to hear a dissenting voice when it comes to the Holy Grails... Funnily enough I was gonna start a thread along the lines of The Classics You Hate, but for what it's worth I hated Dellamorte Dellamore.... Hated....
That's a great idea for a thread.
Old 14th October 2011, 12:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
aye, go for the thread. can sort of see why you had that sort of reaction to DD, but it sets its stall out pretty instantly so you know youre nae in...say ZFE, which is a humorless grind of a film (this is a compliment btw) it doesnt let up and the ending is one of the bleakest in cinema history, so yes im a fan. can see why younger viewers get less out of it though, ive shown it to countless dozens over the years, and its always the eating scene that gets to folk, before that theyre usually complaining that "...nothings happening!!" then after theyre usually quieter. happy days....now, where's my net??
Old 14th October 2011, 12:27 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Get on with it then before someone steals your thunder.
Old 8th November 2011, 12:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I reckon Zombie Flesh Eaters is one of Fulci's most coherently plotted films! Works great as a straight-up zombie movie and the on-location filming adds so much to the atmosphere. I liked the conquistador/voodoo back-story too
Demoncrat likes this.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti

Like this? Share it using the links below!