Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   Cradle Of Fear (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/4359-cradle-fear.html)

PaulD 8th June 2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 248817)
er...still said and wasn't that dvd banned?
i'm never upset about religion anyway
nothing offends me

I think the BBFC banned the cinema release of Derek and Clive Get the Horn, but no issues with the dvd as far as I am aware.

It doesn't matter if it's still said - it's the context that informs your reaction. The difference between the use of, for example, racially slurs in a film that is nothing but racist propaganda Vs the same racial slurs used by a film's character who you're meant to dislike for being racist. What's said is still said in both cases but the context renders them completely different.

James Morton 8th June 2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 248823)
I think the BBFC banned the cinema release of Derek and Clive Get the Horn, but no issues with the dvd as far as I am aware.

It doesn't matter if it's still said - it's the context that informs your reaction. The difference between the use of, for example, racially slurs in a film that is nothing but racist propaganda Vs the same racial slurs used by a film's character who you're meant to dislike for being racist. What's said is still said in both cases but the context renders them completely different.

just checked
yeah they banned the cinema release but the dvd is and alway has been uncut
prob thinking of others

Daemonia 8th June 2012 05:11 PM

Well, maybe I was a bit harsh on Dani, but I still think that t-shirt was an exercise in juvenility.

Rassilon 8th June 2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 248788)
Strange that they would call it Midian, which is a Biblical reference. So much for hating religion :lol:

It was called Midian as it was a concept album based on Clive Barkers Nightbreed, in which the location is called Midian. It also featured Doug Bradley on a few tracks not to mention the stunning 'Her Ghost in the Fog'

I also think Cradle of Fear wasn't a great film. But I did enjoy several albums from the band. They had some good concepts and ideas for albums, even if the marketing was sometimes lacking.

Daemonia 8th June 2012 05:46 PM

I never really warmed to the band, mostly because of the vocal style. Musically they're quite brilliant, vocals aside.

Rassilon 8th June 2012 05:51 PM

When I was younger I liked them, but was never a real goth or anything. I think they had great energy and liked how Dani could hold his voice live. But when it came to goth rock I was a Marilyn Manson fan more. Although nowadays I keep wondering...what the hell did I see in this.

klownz 7th June 2013 11:18 AM

I thought the film was okay & since Emily Booth is in it its always worth viewing just for her:cool:

Demoncrat 7th June 2013 02:06 PM

Midian wasn't their first album either. The film I tried so hard with, mainly due to the first segment....and its dullness imo. Though the sight of Ms Booth refreshed me somewhat.

Liked the internet segment most. Haven't seen Inbred.

Rik 7th June 2013 02:08 PM

I thought Cradle of Fear was shite TBH, Inbred is pretty good, but as a Yorkshireman, I did find it a tad racist :lol:

klownz 7th June 2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 345939)
Haven't seen Inbred.

Inbred was a bit spoilt because of the humor, if he had played it straight it could have been a real winner, but overall it was still a lot better than Cradle Of Fear.