All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th June 2012, 01:13 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
im not trying to be hostile just sticking up for my friend. if you said you hated everything he ever did i wouldnt bat an eyelid, but i dont know i found your comments a bit personal and it bothered me because dani is a really good guy. i mean it doesnt matter at all this is just a forum, i just read it at the wrong moment i guess, it upset me a bit. and sarcastically calling you a big toughie was a direct respone to you commenting on his physique. so what if he's a little guy? he's a musician, it's an act. if you dont like it dont listen, no need to make personal comments on some anonamous forum.
My reference to his physique was in direct relation to his performance in Cradle of Fear, in which he's supposed to be malevolent and menacing, but he wasn't, because he's a bit diminutive. A performer - any performer - is open to criticism, that goes with the territory. I've had people say rude things to me because they didn't like the music I was playing, but you shrug it off and move on. You have to develop a thick skin.

But what really pissed me off about Dani was his feeble attempt at insulting an entire religion. The same goes for that as you said, if you don't like/agree with it, move on. But no, he has to go all out to be rude and insulting - of course he's going to get stick for that. Like I say, when he insults Islam, then I'll think he's brave and daring. But to just say Jesus is a C*nt is hardly a thoughtful, intellectual attack on Christianity, it's just a cheap shot to get yourself noticed at someone else's expense.

And for the record I'm not religious, but neither do I feel the need to insult people that do. That's their choice, just as it is mine not to get involved.
Old 8th June 2012, 01:17 PM
Active Cultist

ok. you continue to be angry with dani because of a t-shirt he made when he was a kid and because he isnt muscley enough for you and i'll continue to enjoy his company.
Old 8th June 2012, 01:31 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

When he was a kid? It's just been reissued, is he still a kid now, then?

I'm not angry, that would indicate I have some kind of emotion about it, which I don't. I'm disnterested, really. I just thought it was needlessly offensive. It's not like a film where you make an active decision to watch certain content, this is a t-shirt for all to see and designed to deliberately offend.
Old 8th June 2012, 02:02 PM
Ex-Member

It is an offensive shirt regardless of if your religious or not or like or dislike the band. The word 'c**t' is offensive to alot of people. It was a gimmick at the end of the day. Marilyn Manson always had offensive shirts but there was more thought put into them.
Old 8th June 2012, 02:11 PM
Ex-member

I remember seeing clips of DEREK AND CLIVE LIVE or whatever and Dudley Moore saying to Peter Cook 'Jesus was a ****'
Old 8th June 2012, 02:36 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
I remember seeing clips of DEREK AND CLIVE LIVE or whatever and Dudley Moore saying to Peter Cook 'Jesus was a ****'
That's fairly different though; context (and being in character etc) is everything!
Old 8th June 2012, 02:58 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The t-shirt was released early in the bands career as a headline grabber and something to try and set them apart from the millions of other black metal wannabees back in the nineties.

The fact that it became a news story only helped the bands career, as they say controversy sells.

The band have now clearly had their day, imo their career peaked with the Midian album, and their record sales have been shrinking rapidly over the last few years.
Old 8th June 2012, 03:10 PM
Cult Acolyte

Midian was their 1st album I heard
Old 8th June 2012, 03:19 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Strange that they would call it Midian, which is a Biblical reference. So much for hating religion
Old 8th June 2012, 03:59 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
That's fairly different though; context (and being in character etc) is everything!
er...still said and wasn't that dvd banned?
i'm never upset about religion anyway
nothing offends me

Like this? Share it using the links below!