Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th November 2014, 07:36 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default 88 Italian Line

3 more titles added to 88 Films new Italian collection.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416944187.292249.jpg

THREE TASTY ITALIAN TERROR TREATS

THE 88 ITALIAN LINE SERVES UP MORE SPAGHETTI CINEMA SICKIES!

AN EX-VIDEO NASTY AND TWO GIALLO GEMS MAKE THEIR UK HD BOW!
Horror has a home at 88 Films.
This is why we launched our ‘Slasher Classics Collection’ and our ’88 Italian’ lines – to make sure that shock-cinema buffs could anticipate some masterfully macabre motion picture pot-boilers filleting their way onto UK BluRay in genre-specific packaging. And we are thrilled, following our announcement of ZOMBI HOLOCAUST and BURIAL GROUND, to confirm that 88 Italian just gets bigger and better with the acquisition of a trio of fresh fear-flick favourites!
First up is NIGHT TRAIN MURDERS!
Originally banned in the UK as a 'video nasty', under its VHS-era title of DON'T RIDE ON LATE NIGHT TRAINS, this tense thriller is a malevolent mix of hair-raising Hitchcockian suspense and contemporary splatter movie shocks. Released in 1975 to a suitably disorientated audience, NIGHT TRAIN MURDERS tells of two young female travellers, including Irene Miracle from INFERNO, who are kidnapped and tormented by a gang of thugs (led by an older matriarch with murderous desires). Indeed, the horror and humiliation which takes place during their journey is the stuff of nightmares... but a final twist leads the criminals into the hands of one girl's pistol-packing parents! Also inspired by Wes Craven's legendary masterpiece, THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, and directed by giallo expert Aldo Lado (THE SHORT NIGHT OF THE GLASS DOLLS), this gritty and garish stomach-churner - which includes an iconic Ennio Morricone soundtrack - is finally unleashed in the UK in all of its HD gory glory!
Also debuting on 88 Italian is an underrated outing from the ever-stylish Antonio Bido (WATCH ME WHEN I KILL) - with 1978's BLOODSTAINED SHADOW making its worldwide BluRay debut courtesy of 88 Films. Never before released in the UK, this magnificent mystery-horror stars SUSPIRIA's Stefania Casini as an unassuming, and alluring, antiques dealer who gets caught up in a series of slasher-killings that may or may not point a finger towards someone she already knows. Beautifully shot, and as colourfully produced as any of the finest examples of the genre, this cat-and-mouse creeper is an underrated Italian classic that is packed full of inventive splatter set pieces, erotic allure and atmospheric intensity. Zip up your black gloves and groove to this prime HD presentation of a seventies Euro-shock sizzler!
Finally, we give you… SPASMO! Only the legendary Umberto Lenzi (CANNIBAL FEROX/ THE MAN FROM DEEP RIVER) could have made a giallo as intriguing, and
esoteric, as this mind-boggling, avant-garde, continental curio! With a cast bursting at the seams with genre legends - including Suzy Kendall (THIS BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE/ TORSO) and the late, great Ivan Rassimov (LAST CANNIBAL WORLD) - SPASMO is an unfortunately under-seen, but nonetheless highly regarded, giallo jaunt that cranks up the psychological terror and aims for a more
sophisticated arthouse vibe. More akin to the early work of Dario Argento and Mario Bava, than Lenzi's later gut-crunching gore-fests, SPASMO contains one of Ennio
Morricone's most menacing soundtrack scores, whilst its plot - of sex, corpses and a surreal mystery involving a killer with a fetish for mannequin dolls - is the sort of
trippy-hippy brilliance that only ‘alternative’ Italian cinema in the seventies could achieve!
Making its UK bow, in a stunning BluRay remaster, SPASMO is a must-have for fans of Italian cult, and Lenzi's vast cinematic CV, alike!
All three new additions to the 88 Films family will come with their original Italian language track, English subtitles, and – of course – English language versions too! Thrilled by the new 88 Italian announcements? Spread the word and support our love for classic grindhouse greats!
Each 88 Italian title will be arriving on UK shelves in the early part of 2015.
Old 25th November 2014, 07:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Wow, 88 films are really delivering the goods at the moment... 3 amazing releases
Old 25th November 2014, 07:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Now that's an announcement!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 25th November 2014, 08:02 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Nice announcement indeed. I'll be getting Zombi Holocast, Burial Ground and Bloodstained Shadow. I have the Blue Underground disc of Night Train Murders and not interested in Spasmo. Looking forward to more titles from 88 Italian Line.

Last edited by Antropophagus; 25th November 2014 at 08:18 PM.
Old 25th November 2014, 08:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Wowzers 88 have suddenly turned into a hybrid of Shameless and Arrow releasing titles that are on most peoples want lists. Great news! I assume Shameless no longer have the rights to Night Train?
Old 25th November 2014, 08:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Will Night Train Murders get through the UK censor uncut?
Old 25th November 2014, 08:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
Wowzers 88 have suddenly turned into a hybrid of Shameless and Arrow releasing titles that are on most peoples want lists. Great news! I assume Shameless no longer have the rights to Night Train?

I would imagine not, but there's never been any word of them releasing Night Train Murders on Blu(Yellow) Ray anyway
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 25th November 2014, 08:28 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
Will Night Train Murders get through the UK censor uncut?

Don't see why not. The Shameless dvd is uncut.,
Old 25th November 2014, 08:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I remember watching the Blue Underground DVD of Night Train Murders years ago and wondering what all the fuss was about!
Old 25th November 2014, 09:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I would imagine not, but there's never been any word of them releasing Night Train Murders on Blu(Yellow) Ray anyway
Which if Shameless have started to lose the rights to their older titles could open up some avenues for 88 in terms of future releases. Black Cat, Strip Nude, What have they done to your Daughters in HD anyone?
Rik likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!