Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   Cradle Of Fear (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/4359-cradle-fear.html)

Bringer Of Funerals 10th January 2011 07:30 PM

Cradle Of Fear

your thoughts on the film

zombiematt 30th January 2011 10:03 PM

I thought the first story was pretty creepy but it was downhill from there it felt like a mess.

Vampix 3rd February 2011 12:42 PM

I didn't think much of it tbh.I saw it in the early hours of the morning on The Horror Channel, which is the best place for it imo.It's not a patch on the Amicus anthology classics.

Pete 3rd February 2011 02:13 PM

Dreadful!

alex s 3rd February 2011 06:16 PM

it might be dreadful, but it's a hell of a lot better than Drill Bit or Bad Karma

stefanmetal 3rd February 2011 09:15 PM

I really enjoyed it and I thought that the tales were entertaining, whilst also managing to be a bit creepy. Overall a good film, plus who can complain about seein Dani Filth on the screen.

PaulD 4th February 2011 09:23 AM

It's not great. Still, Emily Booth though.

Just sayin' :)

Demoncrat 4th February 2011 11:33 AM

the internet sequence predates MY LITTLE EYE, not a reason in itself to admire it, but having watched it again semi recently i felt a little more favourable towards it...along with AUDITION twas the last vhs i bought (ie new release wise, still pick up odd things in charity/2nd hand stores...)

Gojirosan 4th February 2011 12:39 PM

I've always wanted to see it because of Emily Booth and Eileen Daly...but have always been put off seeing it because of Dani Filth!

So not seen it as yet.

stefanmetal 4th February 2011 01:57 PM

Eyy, what's wrong with Dani Filth!

Gojirosan 4th February 2011 02:02 PM

I think he looks absurd and I don't like his band. And when he was on "...Buzzcocks" he came across as a buffoon. I see no reason for casting him in a film. Not a fan.

alex s 4th February 2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stefanmetal (Post 126228)
Eyy, what's wrong with Dani Filth!

watch Hardware by Mark Stanley and see how to direct a REAL rock star in Carl Mccoy

stefanmetal 4th February 2011 09:22 PM

aah, bet that's pretty good. I can imagine that he looks rather gothic. Does that add a certain charm to the film?

alex s 5th February 2011 05:27 PM

yes he does, looks pretty much like he does on stage.

YouTube - Carl McCoy's Hardware cameo

you can see the influences of Hardware in this video Richard Stanley directed of Fields Of The Nephilim

YouTube - Fields Of The Nephilim - Preacher Man

stefanmetal 6th February 2011 12:50 PM

cool

James Morton 24th August 2011 05:42 PM

Cradle Of Fear

CRADLE OF FEAR is an excellent Brit horror anthology and looking forward to Alex Chandon's new film INBRED

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th August 2011 06:11 PM

I didn't dislike Cradle of Fear.

I do like Cradle of Filth though and have seen them four times.

Some excellent gore fx in the uncut version which i have on vhs, ordered from the website before it was released.

Is the UK dvd uncut?

James Morton 24th August 2011 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 176544)
I didn't dislike Cradle of Fear.

I do like Cradle of Filth though and have seen them four times.

Some excellent gore fx in the uncut version which i have on vhs, ordered from the website before it was released.

Is the UK dvd uncut?

Yes

Drugs in Tokyo 24th August 2011 06:16 PM

I'd say it was completely worthless but it did have a naked Emily Booth, so... y'know!

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th August 2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 176547)
Yes

Thanks for the prompt reply James.

James Morton 24th August 2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drugs in Tokyo (Post 176549)
I'd say it was completely worthless but it did have a naked Emily Booth, so... y'know!

and Eileen Daly and those tits!

jewbo23 15th May 2012 06:47 PM

I remember enjoying this a lot when it first came out. Not seen it since then though. Needs a rewatch. Maybe on a double bill with Chandon's new film.

Daemonia 8th June 2012 11:51 AM

I think Cradle of Fear is shit. Some interesting ideas but really poorly executed. The fact that it's taken Alex Chandon 12 years (!!) to direct another film says a lot. Not exactly in demand, is he? Dani Filth is a cock and can't act to save his life. He's a puny little wimp who couldn't scare a ****ing goldfish.

So no, I don't like CoF, in case you were wondering. And Eileen Daly doesn't do it for me either.

Demoncrat 8th June 2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 248708)
I think Cradle of Fear is shit. Some interesting ideas but really poorly executed. The fact that it's taken Alex Chandon 12 years (!!) to direct another film says a lot. Not exactly in demand, is he? Dani Filth is a cock and can't act to save his life. He's a puny little wimp who couldn't scare a ****ing goldfish.

don't mince your words now;)

Daemonia 8th June 2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 248709)
don't mince your words now;)

Don't ever accuse me of mincing! :lol:

Rhodes 8th June 2012 12:31 PM

i'm not a fan but dani is my friend and an absolutely lovely guy, not even close to being a cock. you clearly dont know him please take that back.

Daemonia 8th June 2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhodes (Post 248735)
i'm not a fan but dani is my friend and an absolutely lovely guy, not even close to being a cock. you clearly dont know him please take that back.

No, I won't take it back. Anyone who thinks it's clever to promote a t-shirt that says Jesus is a C*nt, is a cock in my book. That's deliberately shoving it in people's faces and is worse than the religious people trying to force their beliefs on us. Dani might well think that, but that doesn't mean it has to be proclaimed on a t-shirt for all and sundry to see. Is that a word you want young kids to see and copy?

So no, I won't take it back.

Rhodes 8th June 2012 12:58 PM

cool, thanks. must be fun to insult people you dont even know behind their backs when they arent even there to defend themselves. big toughie you must be.

Daemonia 8th June 2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhodes (Post 248744)
cool, thanks. must be fun to insult people you dont even know behind their backs when they arent even there to defend themselves. big toughie you must be.

Woah, that's a bit hostile, don't you think?

When he does a t-shirt that says Mohammed is a C*nt, then I'll have some respect for him. It's easy to insult Christians because they're mostly a passive bunch and you won't get much retaliation. But let's see him insult Islam, then I'll think he's brave.

I could say the same for Dani, Jesus isn't around to defend himself either, so it's equally brave of him to insult him.

Rhodes 8th June 2012 01:08 PM

im not trying to be hostile just sticking up for my friend. if you said you hated everything he ever did i wouldnt bat an eyelid, but i dont know i found your comments a bit personal and it bothered me because dani is a really good guy. i mean it doesnt matter at all this is just a forum, i just read it at the wrong moment i guess, it upset me a bit. and sarcastically calling you a big toughie was a direct respone to you commenting on his physique. so what if he's a little guy? he's a musician, it's an act. if you dont like it dont listen, no need to make personal comments on some anonamous forum.

Daemonia 8th June 2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhodes (Post 248747)
im not trying to be hostile just sticking up for my friend. if you said you hated everything he ever did i wouldnt bat an eyelid, but i dont know i found your comments a bit personal and it bothered me because dani is a really good guy. i mean it doesnt matter at all this is just a forum, i just read it at the wrong moment i guess, it upset me a bit. and sarcastically calling you a big toughie was a direct respone to you commenting on his physique. so what if he's a little guy? he's a musician, it's an act. if you dont like it dont listen, no need to make personal comments on some anonamous forum.

My reference to his physique was in direct relation to his performance in Cradle of Fear, in which he's supposed to be malevolent and menacing, but he wasn't, because he's a bit diminutive. A performer - any performer - is open to criticism, that goes with the territory. I've had people say rude things to me because they didn't like the music I was playing, but you shrug it off and move on. You have to develop a thick skin.

But what really pissed me off about Dani was his feeble attempt at insulting an entire religion. The same goes for that as you said, if you don't like/agree with it, move on. But no, he has to go all out to be rude and insulting - of course he's going to get stick for that. Like I say, when he insults Islam, then I'll think he's brave and daring. But to just say Jesus is a C*nt is hardly a thoughtful, intellectual attack on Christianity, it's just a cheap shot to get yourself noticed at someone else's expense.

And for the record I'm not religious, but neither do I feel the need to insult people that do. That's their choice, just as it is mine not to get involved.

Rhodes 8th June 2012 01:17 PM

ok. you continue to be angry with dani because of a t-shirt he made when he was a kid and because he isnt muscley enough for you and i'll continue to enjoy his company.

Daemonia 8th June 2012 01:31 PM

When he was a kid? It's just been reissued, is he still a kid now, then?

I'm not angry, that would indicate I have some kind of emotion about it, which I don't. I'm disnterested, really. I just thought it was needlessly offensive. It's not like a film where you make an active decision to watch certain content, this is a t-shirt for all to see and designed to deliberately offend.

Rassilon 8th June 2012 02:02 PM

It is an offensive shirt regardless of if your religious or not or like or dislike the band. The word 'c**t' is offensive to alot of people. It was a gimmick at the end of the day. Marilyn Manson always had offensive shirts but there was more thought put into them.

James Morton 8th June 2012 02:11 PM

I remember seeing clips of DEREK AND CLIVE LIVE or whatever and Dudley Moore saying to Peter Cook 'Jesus was a ****'

PaulD 8th June 2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 248767)
I remember seeing clips of DEREK AND CLIVE LIVE or whatever and Dudley Moore saying to Peter Cook 'Jesus was a ****'

That's fairly different though; context (and being in character etc) is everything!

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th June 2012 02:58 PM

The t-shirt was released early in the bands career as a headline grabber and something to try and set them apart from the millions of other black metal wannabees back in the nineties.

The fact that it became a news story only helped the bands career, as they say controversy sells.

The band have now clearly had their day, imo their career peaked with the Midian album, and their record sales have been shrinking rapidly over the last few years.

Bringer Of Funerals 8th June 2012 03:10 PM

Midian was their 1st album I heard

Daemonia 8th June 2012 03:19 PM

Strange that they would call it Midian, which is a Biblical reference. So much for hating religion :lol:

James Morton 8th June 2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 248776)
That's fairly different though; context (and being in character etc) is everything!

er...still said and wasn't that dvd banned?
i'm never upset about religion anyway
nothing offends me