Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   And my favourite impailing is... (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/5119-my-favourite-impailing.html)

Sam@Cult Labs 27th March 2011 06:14 PM

And my favourite impailing is...

Hatchet 2 is a fanboy movie. Let's not forget that. Some films are made to push the boundaries of horror, either through extremity, pretensions to art or radical new ideas, and some are made to give lovers of splatter shtick an entertaining watch.

Hatchet 2 is just that, a lovingly crafted and over the top checklist of splatter slasher cliches shot through with new and often hilarious ways to despatch the hapless victims.

I'm positive I spotted a less than subtle reference to The Story of Ricky in there as well.

So...

If a film maker was going to make a loving tribute to classic gore gone by, which awesome kills would you like included?

First I'll spoil your fun by saying the eyeball piercing in Zombi 2. Within the confines of this thread, that's the equivalent of going into a guitar store and playing Stairway to Heaven anyway, so just sparing the embarassment in advance.

Vampix 30th March 2011 03:13 AM

I'd say the bayonet through the head scene from The Prowler.

Sam@Cult Labs 30th March 2011 10:49 AM

I like the JCB beheading in Island of Death, which to my mind is the definitive use of a power tool in a horror movie. You can keep your Toolbox Murders... a puny electric drill is as nothing compared to the awesome Yellow killing power of mighty earth mover.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 30th March 2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam@Cult Labs (Post 139620)
I like the JCB beheading in Island of Death, which to my mind is the definitive use of a power tool in a horror movie. You can keep your Toolbox Murders... a puny electric drill is as nothing compared to the awesome Yellow killing power of mighty earth mover.

The scene in My Dear Killer involving the digger just steals it from Island of Death, for me where ultimate 'power tools' are concerned!

Cheesey though it may be, I also like the scythe beheading of Anna Valente in Burial Ground.

Leman 30th March 2011 12:40 PM

Sticking with being impaled theres one of my favourites would be the Patrick Toughton pinning from The Omen. Seeing that re-done with a similar set up and the "slouch" afterwards I would enjoy alot.

Also the glass sheet be-heading with requisite head spins.

Demoncrat 30th March 2011 02:50 PM

surely the estate agent in HBTC?? if you dont class that as an impaling per se, how about james mason in salems lot?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th March 2011 08:36 PM

Harry Reems ......Linda Lovelace......:lol:.........:bolt:

Daemonia 31st March 2011 01:06 AM

The poker impalement in Patrick Still Lives. Yikes! :eek:

Vampix 31st March 2011 02:44 AM

The head drilling from City of the Living Dead.

Kyle 31st March 2011 07:21 AM

i think the eye stabbing from devils experiment is better than ZFE