Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Fave Chucky outing?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Fave Chucky outing?

Like Tree59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th April 2011, 10:26 AM
Cult Rookie

Default Viva Chucky!

I've been a huge fan of that murderous little doll since seeing the original at the old Odeon cinema in Chester at the tender age of 14. Since then we've been through think and thin together - experiencing the highs of Bride... and Seed... (love 'em both) and the lows of the tedious Child's Play 3 and the completely bogus shit-storm of controversy that blew up around it in the tabloids following the murder of Jamie Bulger. And after discovering the fabulous Hack/Slash comics recently through the Omnibus collections, I had the chance to rekindle my affection for Chucky thanks to a great crossover storyline.
Old 8th April 2011, 11:24 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Got to be the original film for me. Although I like the sequels (and sequels to a lot of other horror, and even action films), I really don't like the continual injection of humour into sequels. Give me a straight horror films anyday.
Old 8th April 2011, 09:58 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Sorry guys, I had to vote them all as bullshit - I've never enjoyed this particular horror franchise, and have always found it a bit laughable (and not in a good way either!)
Old 23rd April 2011, 09:54 AM
Cultist

I can't decide between 1, 2 and Bride. I love them all.

I don't like the military setting of Child's Play 3. And some of it comes across as cheap and amature.

Even as a fan I don't like Seed.
Old 23rd April 2011, 10:06 AM
Cultist

There has been a Child's Play remake rumoured for quite some time.

But the Child's Play series is barely (if at all) acknowledged by the mainstream media. So it's difficult to find out the progress and latest news on Child's Play films. It's frustrating being a chucky fan. They're so few and far between.

For me, it can't come soon enough.
Old 28th April 2011, 08:08 PM
Cult Rookie

i love the Childs Play movies, obviously the first one is classic and a great serious horror, they were all serious until bride and seed, but even on a comical basis the last 2 were awesome....plus starring one of my fave actresses (and poker players) Jennifer Tilly, i have em all on dvd and i have a couple of small chucky n tiffany chucky figures and a 12" chucky figure too (a tattoo is nest to go with all my other horror icon ones).

They are making a remake....luckily Brad Douriff is set to do the voice once more ... yay .... but id rather see more sequels than a remake.
Old 12th May 2011, 12:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

would have to say that after babysitting and being forced to watch either the 1st CP or that fecking Innerspace (well you cant show 11 year olds Guinea Pig...or can you?? no you cant. nightmares ahoy, end of babysitting career) that i cant watch any of the except Bride, which i think is really sweet in places, plus J Waters acting is...interesting to say the least. beat that!! ahem.
Old 12th May 2011, 01:04 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Sorry guys, I had to vote them all as bullshit - I've never enjoyed this particular horror franchise, and have always found it a bit laughable (and not in a good way either!)
Got to agree with you there bizarre eye, they're all crap imo.
Old 12th May 2011, 03:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I dont mind them 1st 3 ok then other 2 got bit silly and just more of cash in on the franchise. I have all 5 but yrs since seen any of them, But i do have a 22 inch chucky doll in my living room
Old 13th August 2012, 11:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I'm watching Child's Play 3 right now on ITV4, I never noticed all the Full Metal Jacket references before ha ha
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!