Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   Don't **** with the Chuck! THE CHILD'S PLAY SERIES (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/5137-dont-%2A%2A%2A%2A-chuck-childs-play-series.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 29th March 2011 07:54 PM

Don't **** with the Chuck! THE CHILD'S PLAY SERIES

7 Attachment(s)
Good old Chucky eh?
From his debut in Tom Holland's original,through two sequels which encountered a tabloid witch-hunt,through to his resurrection due to Ronny Yu and once again slumping somewhat to an anti climax in the disappointing Seed of Chucky....Yep the Chuckster hasn't had it easy.

I find all the films amusing and very entertaining.
But what's your favourite?

Do you remember seeing ton,or what your first encounter with Chucky was?

What versions do you own?

Discuss all things Chucky here.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 29th March 2011 08:14 PM

With the exception of Seed which I found waaay too comical, I adore the Child's Play series. The first one and Bride are my two favs, with the second close behind. Always weirded me out to hear a character called Kyle in a film :laugh:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 29th March 2011 08:16 PM

Nice to see a fellow fan Kyle!

When did you first see the Chuck in action?

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 29th March 2011 08:30 PM

Well I remember staying up late when Bride was on TV. I crept downstairs - I was only about 8 or 9 - and seeing the scene in which Chucky and Tiffany impale John Ritter with the nails in the back of the van. Obviously memory is a funny thing - when I saw it on DVD a good few years later - it wasn't a postman that was killed like I had thought :laugh: Nor was it as horribly gory.

I sound so young! :faint:

How about yourself, Reaps? First Chucky memory?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 29th March 2011 08:34 PM

:shocked:
Jesus mate!

Bride of Chucky was one of the first dvds I bought!
I was 29 at the time!:lol:

In fact,I remember RENTING Child's Play when it first came out on VHS! :lol:

Yeah,for sheer nastiness,the original is best.

However,as far as sequels go Jenny Agutter and Jennifer Tilly ain't bad things!:tongue1:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 29th March 2011 08:38 PM

:pound: It's very odd now I think of it.

Bride's an excellent place to start :thumb:

Oooh remember what the sleeve for the VHS looked like?

The 2nd one got pretty mean at times - especially the teacher scene :laugh:

What do you think of Seed Reaps?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 29th March 2011 08:40 PM

As you say mate,it went OTT with the comedy and the irony.
The weakest of the series for sure.:nod:

Hammer time 29th March 2011 11:41 PM

Seed of chucky is my fave,i have never found killer toy movies scary so the 1st 3 fail IMHO
Hate the child in part 1,pain in the arse little :censored:.
Part 2 is meh
Part 3 has the military school setting which i find annoying(weird idea that i find moronic)

brain dead 30th March 2011 12:20 AM

The only ones I could watch with any regularity are the last two.
The first movie is OK, but the other two are bad.

Peter Neal 30th March 2011 08:21 AM

I was around 15 when the first "Childs Play" came out, first catching up with it on rental vhs. Didn't take long for this, as well as parts 2 and 3, to end up on the "index of restricted movies" though.:eyebrows:
My fave is clearly "Bride of Chucky", the only part imho which gets the mix of scares and laughs really working....and Jennifer Tilly is pretty hot in it too.:blush::p
2nd place would go to "Childs Play 2"; I really like the showdown in the toy factory.:pop2:

Avanbeek 8th April 2011 10:26 AM

Viva Chucky!

I've been a huge fan of that murderous little doll since seeing the original at the old Odeon cinema in Chester at the tender age of 14. Since then we've been through think and thin together - experiencing the highs of Bride... and Seed... (love 'em both) and the lows of the tedious Child's Play 3 and the completely bogus shit-storm of controversy that blew up around it in the tabloids following the murder of Jamie Bulger. And after discovering the fabulous Hack/Slash comics recently through the Omnibus collections, I had the chance to rekindle my affection for Chucky thanks to a great crossover storyline.

Stephen@Cult Labs 8th April 2011 11:24 AM

Got to be the original film for me. Although I like the sequels (and sequels to a lot of other horror, and even action films), I really don't like the continual injection of humour into sequels. Give me a straight horror films anyday.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 8th April 2011 09:58 PM

Sorry guys, I had to vote them all as bullshit - I've never enjoyed this particular horror franchise, and have always found it a bit laughable (and not in a good way either!) :bolt:

Chucky 23rd April 2011 09:54 AM

I can't decide between 1, 2 and Bride. I love them all.

I don't like the military setting of Child's Play 3. And some of it comes across as cheap and amature.

Even as a fan I don't like Seed.

Chucky 23rd April 2011 10:06 AM

There has been a Child's Play remake rumoured for quite some time.

But the Child's Play series is barely (if at all) acknowledged by the mainstream media. So it's difficult to find out the progress and latest news on Child's Play films. It's frustrating being a chucky fan. They're so few and far between.

For me, it can't come soon enough.:lol:

Gothicvamp1888 28th April 2011 08:08 PM

i love the Childs Play movies, obviously the first one is classic and a great serious horror, they were all serious until bride and seed, but even on a comical basis the last 2 were awesome....plus starring one of my fave actresses (and poker players) Jennifer Tilly, i have em all on dvd and i have a couple of small chucky n tiffany chucky figures and a 12" chucky figure too (a tattoo is nest to go with all my other horror icon ones).

They are making a remake....luckily Brad Douriff is set to do the voice once more ... yay .... but id rather see more sequels than a remake.

Demoncrat 12th May 2011 12:45 PM

would have to say that after babysitting and being forced to watch either the 1st CP or that fecking Innerspace (well you cant show 11 year olds Guinea Pig...or can you?? no you cant. nightmares ahoy, end of babysitting career) that i cant watch any of the except Bride, which i think is really sweet in places, plus J Waters acting is...interesting to say the least. beat that!! ahem.

Vampix 12th May 2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 141678)
Sorry guys, I had to vote them all as bullshit - I've never enjoyed this particular horror franchise, and have always found it a bit laughable (and not in a good way either!) :bolt:

Got to agree with you there bizarre eye, they're all crap imo.

gag 12th May 2011 03:02 PM

I dont mind them 1st 3 ok then other 2 got bit silly and just more of cash in on the franchise. I have all 5 but yrs since seen any of them, But i do have a 22 inch chucky doll in my living room :lol:

Rik 13th August 2012 11:06 PM

I'm watching Child's Play 3 right now on ITV4, I never noticed all the Full Metal Jacket references before ha ha

Chucky 3rd September 2012 05:48 PM

As well as the remake, there's now also a straight to DVD movie being made called Curse of Chucky.

'Child's Play' Sequel 'Curse of Chucky' is Heading Straight to DVD | FirstShowing.net

So there's two new Chucky films on the way.

If true, this is great news for Child's Play fans

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd September 2012 05:50 PM

I thought Curse Of Chucky was being done instead of the remake?

Chucky 4th September 2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 270617)
I thought Curse Of Chucky was being done instead of the remake?

Did you already know about Curse of Chucky?

Where did you hear it was being done instead of the remake?

The 2 or 3 articles I read suggested both were being made.

Hawkmonger 4th September 2012 03:33 PM

CP 1 is a great little slasher that I find enjoyable enough for repeated viewing.
The next 3 sequel's are meh at best but SEED pissed me dry.:censored:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th September 2012 06:59 PM

With the exception of SEED,I found all the sequels entertaining.
They're a product of their time.

Susan Foreman 4th June 2014 08:51 AM

Interesting, tho not particularly newsworthy, article from The Daily Mole, about a woman who is "obsessed with the 'Child's Play' films" - Emma Kivell's obsession with Child's Play films character Chucky | Mail Online

It's good to see that the newspaper is keeping up it usual high standard of research:

"She has confessed to watching each of the six Chucky films - spanning 35 years - thousands of times"

Seeing as this is 2014, and the first film came out in 1988, I make that 26 years!

applecore 4th June 2014 09:15 AM

Alternate headline "Girl likes film character".
What a waste of internet. I wish the necessary authorities would actually bloody do something about that vile paper. The PCC receive countless complaints about their offensive, fear-mongering, poorly researched drivel.
Anytime a teenager or young adult commits a crime, they're amongst the first to jump on whether they liked horror movies, violent games or rock music.
Blegh.

Susan Foreman 30th January 2016 11:16 AM

Good news people - it looks like 'Chucky 7' is in production, due for release later this year!

Chucky Will Kill Again In A Seventh Child's Play Movie

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th January 2016 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 476091)
Good news people - it looks like 'Chucky 7' is in production, due for release later this year!

Chucky Will Kill Again In A Seventh Child's Play Movie

Good news...maybe.

I thought Curse of Chucky was excellent. Let's hope they stick with the Gothic formula.

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th January 2016 11:36 AM

That article is over 2 years old. I won't hold my breath for the film. :)

Susan Foreman 30th January 2016 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 476097)
That article is over 2 years old. I won't hold my breath for the film. :)

Possibly still in the pipeline tho!

Child's Play 7 Is Being Written As We Speak!

Yes, this was Feb 2015!

Cinematic Shocks 30th January 2016 01:14 PM

I voted for the original as I think it’s an excellent underrated little film that’s ultra-creepy, immensely suspenseful and has a very energetic pace. It doesn't quite get the respect it deserves due to the franchise it spawned. Although none of the sequels are quite on its level, 2, Bride and Curse are all worthy. 3 and Seed not so much with the latter there being the worst of the series.

RANKED:

Curse
Bride
Seed

iank 30th January 2016 08:46 PM

I love the Chucky's. The original is the best, but 2 isn't far off and Bride is hilarious. Curse was a pretty good return to form. 3 is kinda average but still watchable. The only one I really hate is Seed, which tries to be like Bride but is just incredibly stupid and not funny at all.

Susan Foreman 2nd October 2016 05:25 AM

Maybe they mean it this time!

Don Mancini Begins Work on Chucky 7 - Dread Central

Susan Foreman 9th December 2016 06:40 PM

Maybe it's finally happening!

The 'Chucky 7' Production Office is Now Open! - Bloody Disgusting!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th December 2016 07:45 PM

The SF release of CHILD'S PLAY was one of the releases of the year.

Susan Foreman 5th January 2017 02:02 PM

Here we go again!

'Cult of Chucky': The Next 'Child's Play' Begins Filming on Monday! (Trailer) - Bloody Disgusting!

Susan Foreman 6th January 2017 03:52 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7irP3CTyDsg

Susan Foreman 7th February 2017 03:56 AM

Jennifer Tilly Teases Tiffany's Return to 'Cult of Chucky' Movie

http://cdn5.ihorror.com/app/uploads/...ky-600x350.png

There is also an 'official synopsis' of the film:

"Confined to an asylum for the criminally insane for the past four years, Nica Pierce (Fiona Dourif) is erroneously convinced that she, not Chucky, murdered her entire family. But when her psychiatrist introduces a new therapeutic “tool” to facilitate his patients’ group sessions — an all-too-familiar “Good Guy” doll with an innocently smiling face — a string of grisly deaths begins to plague the asylum, and Nica starts to wonder if maybe she isn’t crazy after all. Andy Barclay (Alex Vincent), Chucky’s now-grown-up nemesis from the original Child’s Play, races to Nica’s aid. But to save her he’ll have to get past Tiffany (Oscar-nominee Jennifer Tilly), Chucky’s long-ago bride, who will do anything, no matter how deadly or depraved, to help her beloved devil doll."

Susan Foreman 6th June 2017 10:30 AM

There's a new teaser trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WpSr0R0MPg